Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2009

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once both teams went through the 11 on the park as shooters, do you re select out of those same guys or can you go to the bench guys then?

Congrats to both teams for putting on a great final!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats a question I had aswell. After all 11 have shot, do they have to shoot again in the same order, or can anybody in the 11 step up at this point?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock can probably testify as per Guatemalan rules that only the 11 players on the field are eligible to take penno's.

In this case after the 11 shooters have gone, you basically start again. However, they can shoot in any order .....

Hope that clears things up :)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What if Professor had his way and a WV player was sent off. Would it be unfair to Columbus if after 10 WV players, WV got to go with their 1st shooter, whereas Columbus had to use their 11th player for a PK?

Prof would be pissed about that too.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries, FIFA (and Guatemala) have that covered as well :) If a player on either team was sent off, the other team must 'drop' a player thus both teams enter the penalty shootout with an equal amount of players.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock can probably testify as per Guatemalan rules that only the 11 players on the field are eligible to take penno's.

In this case after the 11 shooters have gone, you basically start again. However, they can shoot in any order .....

Hope that clears things up :)

All shooters do have to shoot......the only scenario where that might differ is if one of the teams had a player sent off......

I do believe though, Walks, (at least according to Guatamalan protocol), the first shooter would have to shoot again in the second time through.......:confused:

I"ve never had to deal with this so I'm not sure. :D

Wrecking Crew

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok boys,
it has taken this long for the shock and disappointment of losing the match to wear off and now i think i can share my two cents.
1. the atmosphere at the match was unbelievable and should be facilitated by the league and teams as often as possible...it is great for the game in general.
2. the game itself was scrappy and lacked flow because both teams defended well and are full of talented, determined players.
3. i felt shorty was very solid as usual but took lumps out of rizal and was only ever punished with a freekick and i felt that a yellow after 5 or 6 fouls from behind could have been issued and might have given riz the extra yard he needed...cudos to shorty for a hard nosed performance and to rizal for popping back up every time.
4. as for the issue of 6 substitutions...it was brought to my attention by a fan as wvan was making their final double sub and i asked the assistant referee to check the total to maybe prevent the 6th from happening. even if they made 6, we would not protest as that is an even worse way to end a game than 13 shooters.
5. my issue with the extra time was that we had the ball deep in wvan territory with a free kick and we were considering making a sub and i asked the assistant what was left and he answered "it's over, we've already played 3 and a half" . the play carries on and two members of our staff have the time at 4:42 of extra time when wvan scores. rene then plays 90 seconds after the equalizer for a total of 6:15 when no injuries happened in the second half. when i asked rene at the final whistle how much extra he had on his watch, he insisted on only 3 minutes. bottom line - do i wish he blew the whistle at the 94th? Yes! Could we have defended Jinky's final ball into the box better? Yes! Even though they scored, did we still have a chance to win? Yes!
6. extra time was tight and the shootout was the craziest i have ever been apart of...29 is good on pks and thomas's save on milad was the best i have ever seen. our chance to win it was after thomas slotted his and faced 29 (who was visibly loading his drawers) 29's body position said he was going bottom left and he sculled it down the pipe.
7. i appreciate the passionate support that prof, drake, and zenga et al have for our team and would rather have them fighting for us than against us. our club will be stronger for going through this tough loss and as i told the boys at training, if we were only going to win won trophy this year, it's the one we still have a chance at!
8. congrats to west van on the double so far and we will be doing our best to prevent the treble.
9. i was very proud of our team's performance, win or lose, and pk's were the equivalent of a coin toss that didn't go our way!
good luck to all in the provincials!
WC

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WC, by far your best chance was when i stepped up to shoot. Very nervous never taking a pk before. I don't know about my body position but all i was thinking was: Don't Shank. Head down and hit. No chance of me pinging a corner. It helped getting all the support from the columbus bench with memorable quotes like: "Yah, it's 29", and "Good Luck 29", and even "Don't think about it too much 29". Very encouraging words. Seriously though I'm pretty sure some people left when i stepped up and the ones that stayed thought it was over. Love playing columbus and i hope we have another game this season. 29

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. the atmosphere at the match was unbelievable and should be facilitated by the league and teams as often as possible.
WC

You should thank SirM for that.
Just 24 hours prior to kickoff, the league actually changed the Masters game and put it after the Open final. With some protest by SirM, 1 hour later, the game was changed back to the original time.
Without all those Master's guys and friends hanging around, getting drunk, chanting and being vocal, the atmosphere would have been a lot different.
Just ask 29. Marco! Polo!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the league wanted the games at different parks at first as well.

Glad to hear that it was such a great final, and that people are getting back out to the park to watch the games, lets hope it carries on through the BC's.

I know that Peace Arch are hosting all the semi's at S.Slurrey Park, they did a great job with the FVSL Finals a couple of years in a row, plus they have two great turf fields and very nice grass fields right beside each other, for what ever weather you get.

hos

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0