Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Imperial Cup 2006] Results & Banter

professor

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey KNVB i hear columbus has a team photo from this week too. this one is in their blue jerseys and they are holding a trophy. let me know if you want a copy.

looking back i guess Surrey should have a taken a photo last week too?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
professor said:
hey KNVB i hear columbus has a team photo from this week too. this one is in their blue jerseys and they are holding a trophy. let me know if you want a copy.

looking back i guess Surrey should have a taken a photo last week too?

you don't like Columbus' photo's, but you sure love takin' our balls, hey carrot-top.

Last time we heard from the Professor, Catanzaro was holding a cup ....

You should post more often Prof....

Congrats to you and the boys.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B said:
According to the excellent site Metro Ford beat Surrey 1-0, anyone attend the match that would update us on what happened.

Cheers
JB
Actually, JB, it was Surrey 1-0 over MF. Care to swap photo's professor? I guess now that you've won the TTP ban is over? Convenient eh? Fcuk off clown shoes...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next year, someone tell the powers-at-large to award the trophy a little closer to the spectators. Christ Almighty, they may as well have gone over the fence and behind the trees. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2006-03-26b.jpg
    2006-03-26b.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 169

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

Great photos...

The expression on the player/coaches faces are priceless.

Prof,
The backroom will never be the same....kinda feels like Gilligan finally got off the island.

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
After listening to Richards all week invite me to "come watch us hold up the cup", true to form he walked in this morning from the Roxy (i mean cellar with Roxy staff), or really I guess I mean he was in bed setting a great example so he can run this business.....and proceeded to tell all the clients about his great goal, the win, yada yada, - congrats to Columbus, can someone come take eggy home, his eyes are shut, the employees and clients are killing him, and put him to bed.

Congrats to surrey also - must be a large trophy cabinet over there these days...

KNVB - can the provincial cup thread/banter/piss take start....since we squeeked in time to chat just a little.

When is the draw?

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it Azzi is considering a replay of the Imperial Final because of the 'tainted' Clanbus victory. Apparantley Inter scored in the second half to go up 2-1 off of a header from their center back, VJ. Before it crosses the line Kevin C. is at the back post and in an attempt to make sure it goes in leans forward to head the ball but never touches it and never interferes with the play. Marco the linesman puts his flag up for offside but then runs to center confirming it is a goal (What the hell was he doing?) Mauricio, who is now under review, calls no goal, then realizes marco said it was a goal. He goes over to talk about it, marco says he made a mistake and it was a goal b/c kevin did not interfere with the play and did not touch it. Mauricio goes with his initial call on the field. After the game marco apologizes, maurizio stays in the referee room to avoid confrontation and the VMSL directors (azzi, tremarco, etc) apologize to the Inter team for the poor decision on the call. Post game comments were summed up to, "surely it was a goal". I guess those are the breaks. Gotta feel sorry for the Inter boys.

WOW-talk about controversial. I wish we had the slow motion capture they have during Champions League. It would have helped. Inte loses its second straight Imperial Final and Clanbus can now make a 12 month calendar featuing all their wins this year with a different picture for each month.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't watch the game, but from the above review...it sounds like it was off side. If Kevin doesn't attempt the header, then the goal should be good imo. congrats to clan-bus by the way.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spacamuro said:
Rumor has it Azzi is considering a replay of the Imperial Final because of the 'tainted' Clanbus victory.

No chance this will ever happen....the leagues mandate is to complete as many games as possible as quickly as possible so that teams can sit around for 4 or 5 weeks prior to Provincial Cup. :D

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the rule, the player has to either touch the ball or interfere with the play. Kevin C. looked like he was going to head the ball and then realized he might be offside and the ball was going in anyway, he pulled away. He never touched the ball and he did not interfere with the play. Bottom line, the refs mistake was Clanbus' gain. Those are the breaks.

Congrats to Big Poppa-he finally got his World Cup.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0