Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Imperial Cup 2006] Results & Banter

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 4
City FC Blaze 0

2-0 after 2 minutes, I think Joe Scigs scored the fastest ever Imperial Cup goal about 7 seconds into the game.

3-0 at half, and we added a fourth in the second 45.

City FC started with 10 men, but to their credit they didnt give up.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
MF 2-0 Norvan

Great pace to the game and Metro could have had 5. Second came on the last play of the game. Rocket top corner for the first.

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game at Adanac today-Croatia B beat a bunch of plummers wearing sweatpants underneath their shorts and garbage bags under their jerseys to keep dry. Oh yeah, on the other field ICSF Inter came from behind to beat Fireman in Imperial Cup action.

Inter dominated the first half and had two goals called back (one for dangerous play and one because the wall moved too early on a free kick inside the box). Fireman played a lot better in the second half and scored with 15 min. to go. It looked over for the "Italians", until Corazza jammed with about 4 min. left. In the last minute Inter almost had a PK called against them, but Rene decided not to be in the spotlight on the day and considering he called back two Inter goals in the first half, he let it go. Kevin C. then hit the crossbar with about a min. left. Regular time eventually ended 1-1.

OT saw Franksey make a great save on a Brian V. free kick and later saw Kindel make a spectacular save on a breakaway with a couple min. to go. Corazza got the eventual game winner a couple of min. before the save on an beauty cross from anklebreaker.

Final score 2-1.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 3 WFC 1 -- Surrey got a real scare with Rangers going up 1- buzz 55 mins in. I think the fitness factor prevailed. It sure was great seeing all the old Westside boys again, despite the age of some of them they sure showed they still had it.

I'm sure it wasn't much to look at but the game was hard fought through-out.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I think the fitness factor prevailed. ...... I'm sure it wasn't much to look at but the game was hard fought through-out.
I'm sure that due to the fitness factor, some were more to look at than others. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pegasus FC vs Bby. Canadians 2-0
Surrey United vs WFC Rangers 3-1
ICSF Inter vs Vanc. Firefighters 2-1 OT

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg - Metro Ford
SU - Inter
When/where are these matches being played??? Does the league arrange a double header??? For all of the piss takes the FVSL have their Pak Cup semi finals back to back!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg is not in the semi yet... they play Clanbus in the final quarterfinal game to match-up with MF.

If I recall correctly, this is the exact same match as last year that Peg needed to win to get to the promised land (they didn't).

As for double-headers, the league used to do so but I can't remember the last time... back in the early 90s, the semis and final were played the same weekend at the same venue.

Then it burned down :(

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year Regs I remember the semi's both got played at the same venue, Charles Best School. I see getting older halts memory? Inter beat Columbus in ET and Croatia mopped Sapperton in the other as it was the Johnny Sulentic show. I'm pretty sure it was Imp. Cup Semi's.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Term.

Since I don't play in the league anymore, I don't pay as much attention as I used to :D

Has Tempo been knocked out this year yet?

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why does Clanbus find the need to celebrate so "enthusiastically" after the third goal of a 3-0 drubbing of a second division team. It makes no sense to me. Maybe they are proud.........??

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because Clanbus beat a Div 1 team, not a Div 2 team. And beating Peg will never get old, even if their team did so quickly back in 04-05:eek:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey good one WAB!! LOL!

Anyway, on to more important things: The Imperial Cup semifinals this weekend out in POCO involve four teams that probably all deserve to be there.

Game One: Surrey Utd. vs. ICSF Inter. To be truthful, Sir M has only had the chance to see SU twice this year, and Inter maybe 4 times, and this is the more difficult of the two semis to pick, but I will go with an upset by Inter in a very close game. They impressed me with their resiliency (not to mention their ability to bounce back) last week against Westside: a sign of good coaching, and maybe, just maybe, they were keeping a little gas in the tank for this week.

Game Two (not necessarily in that order:rolleyes: ): Columbus-Clan vs Metro Ford A. Columbus has a lot of guys with pretty sexy looking European hairstyles (was that my outside voice?) but, despite that, Sir M has to go with the pacey may get 50 points this year young MF side. And even if it was close, when I read the celebrating after the 3rd goal post above, that pretty well swayed it, in my view anyway.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
POCO???

Last I checked Town Centre was still a 2 min drive from here and I am in Coquitlam. POCO is that place across the river that looks ghettoish in their downtown. That's kind of like me saying Ambleside is in North Van instead of West Van.

Anyways I'll take Metro Ford and Surrey.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The tri cities area is a very difficult concept for us on the other side of the bridge, it guess the fact it is (or was) called COQUITLAM Town Center may have been a bit of a hint...:eek:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
posted by; Sir M
this is the more difficult of the two semis to pick, but I will go with an upset by Inter
I agree this is a very difficult game to pick, so I wouldn't say Inter winning would even remotely be considered an 'upset'... Unless you're refering to knvb's Sunday night yap at home alone in front of the computer after not making it to the finals??? Hell even Niall said publically on 'Up Front' his team were not good enough to win as he was missing training AGAIN to have a chat with Coach and Reedy!!! HOWEVER..................

My picks: Clanbus & SU final. (I smell shootouts)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good on the league to do the Double Header, and get it done well before Provincials start.
Saw Slurrey vs. Westside Mighty Rangers a few weeks ago, and if Wicks had not gone out with a injury, United may have lost 1-nil.
So I am going with an Inter vs. Metro Ford final, when and where will this one be played?

hos

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 4-0 winners, when i left in the 80th minute. Clan 1-0 winners over metro ford. all Wop final, HOS was spot on.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0