Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I Feel Shame

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Recently (this past Monday) when the Sixth Stud released his new article regarding Whitecaps PR stuff, there was an interesting thread started here that I immediately deleted due to it's content (it was in my judgement, a blatant advertisment). Even though what I'm about to post amounts to free advertising anyways, it's needed in order for you to judge for yourself. Here's the post/thread that was deleted:

oliver4whitecaps said:
Oldtimers Teams save 50% on Whitecaps
We have selected the oldtimers league for a special offer. If you want to attend any of the listed games

July
Men Fri. 16 7 pm Portland
Women Sun. 18 7 pm Fort Collins
Women Mon 26 8 pm Mile High
August
Men Thur 19 7 pm Minnesota

Email me ocorona@whitecapsfc.com to get the form and fax it once completed or call me at 604 669 9283 Ext. 225 to get your Whitecaps tickets at 50% off.

Cheers,

Oliver
ocorona@whitecapsfc.com

So after I deleted the post, I immediately phoned the number in the ad. Apparently, "Oliver" was on the phone and couldn't take my call (even though he showed up in the who's online feature as starting another thread in the nations cup forum) so I left a message. Surprisingly, I was pretty calm in my message and only stated that posting of free advertisements on the site is not permitted and added that this was especially so for the Whitecaps organisation as they expressed previously in the year that they were not prepared to pay the advertising rates they were given in order to advertise on TTP (it's the same rate for every advertiser you see on the site).

I did not leave my name or number.

About 15 minutes later, I received the following email submitted through the contact us form found on TTP:

The following message was sent to you via the TTP Community Forums Contact Us form by oliver4whitecaps.

--------------------------------

I just got a message from ? in regards that I am free advertising for the Whitecaps on his website. I work for the Whitecaps and my posting is not a form of advertising. I am communicating a benefit that the members of the Oltimers League Teams and the Nations Cup teams have.

I am not seeking any benefit to my postings other than commmunicating the option that the players of these leagues and ttournaments have. The 50% offer is something that we do for specific tournaments and leagues. It is not an open offer to anyone. We actually promote those leagues and those tournaments at the stadium during our games.

It is really sad to see that mutual support is not encouraged through your site. We are promoting their tournaments, their leagues and the benefit of getting tixs at lower prices.

Too bad. Shame on you.

Oliver 604 669 9283 Ext 225

--------------------------------

Referring Page: http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=167
IP Address: 207.232.107.47
User Name: oliver4whitecaps
User ID: 1922

So, shame on me.

Because I feel shame, I'm putting this out there for the general TTP population for direction:

Do I

a) Write an open letter to the Whitecaps and ask if their sales staff has a different view on what constitutes advertising than the rest of us?;

b) Pick up the phone and see if the Whitecaps have changed their mind about advertising on TTP and see what "mutual support" amounts to these days?

c) Wallow in my shame for the rest of the year.

Feel free to suggest any other options you may feel may be an, erm, option.

Also feel free to phone the number listed in the quotes above, ask "Would you like a TTP Premium Membership for $50?", and post the response here. :D

Cheers,

~Shamed.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd wallow in shame for the rest of the year. You , the man, have been putting the rest of us down for years and it's time you get some back in return. :rolleyes:

It is really sad to see that mutual support is not encouraged through your site.

This is quite shocking considering all the support etc. that you put out through this site and your work with the nations cup etc.etc.. There can't be many people who support leagues tournaments etc more than you.

I would perhaps phone them and see if they want to turn down the chance to hundreds of people who are involved/interested in the local soccer community. On a serious note: Maybe you can work a deal to give them some ad space in exchange for some ad space of your own at swangard.

Perhaps, with the proper encouragement you can arrange for some of your own free advertising at one of their future games. A streaker with the website across his body, perhaps :D . Unfurling of an unauthorized banner in the beer garden. Pamphlets on the cars in the parking lots in the area. Whatever.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No benefit to the Whitecaps? Are the TTP members such bottom feeders (granted RF would feed off of any bottom) that this is an act of benevolance. Get tae fcuk. Shame on him for being a cnut.

With that said, take the high road and ask for contra "promotion", as you are creating an "awareness", also.

Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll just call Lenarduzzi and sort things out. No wonder it is a mickey mouse set-up when you look at the man at the top.

For the record, you should feel shame, and perhaps you can send an Oliver Heald blow-up doll to the lad. He seems to have a fancy, at least according to his moniker.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Paying advertiser/sponsor begs to agree - SHAME!

Captain Shamrock said:
I'll just call Lenarduzzi and sort things out.

I absolutely LOVE this site. :D

And, BTW bucky, you've been on fire lately my son. :D :D
But, you're being warned. ;)

I like Blaze's idea on the contra too.

Oh, and a big hello to Sweet Fanny Adams.

RF

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who needs 50% off, I just sit with a case on the Tree Stump in the south east corner of the Stadium.
Feel Shame and Fight the Man.

hos

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Who needs 50% off, I just sit with a case on the Tree Stump in the south east corner of the Stadium.
Feel Shame and Fight the Man.

hos

Let me guess your Scottish!!!! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0