Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Merger Rumour - Abby & Central City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone explain to me how this merger was to be progression for the whole of BC Soccer?

By all accounts, you have 1 partner in the BCPL going rogue on all the others and for what reason?

Forget CCB for moment and ask why a founding franchise member is in the need of doing this in a manner that flies in the face of what they signed up for? Why does it appear that only a select few in the Mariners franchise knew anything about this?

Brings two clubs into fold that were outside of the model for one

Rogue? define rogue? where in the League constitution and bylaws is this direction defined as rogue?

Flies in the face of what they signed up for? Again, where does it say that adding partners to your Club is against the rules.

How do you know only a select few in the Mariners Club were aware of this?

Do you still play senior soccer for Surrey United, one of the BCPL franchises at the youth level?

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brings two clubs into fold that were outside of the model for one

Rogue? define rogue? where in the League constitution and bylaws is this direction defined as rogue?

Flies in the face of what they signed up for? Again, where does it say that adding partners to your Club is against the rules.

Do you still play senior soccer for Surrey United, one of the BCPL franchises at the youth level?

Colin,

As a coach in Surrey ( SGU ) and having observed all the different clubs for the last 7 years I can say that there is a diverse set of cultures, values and beliefs within the soccer community of Surrey. What you don't get out of some of the clubs is the willingness to integrate with clubs, players, teams etc. I have no knowedge of the BOG's opinion or the deal that was struck between CCB and MFMFC but what I do know is that it would not of been a holistic or equal partnership. There is only one motivation for CCB in getting their mitts on a franchise and that would be to rip it away from Abby.

I will say it again, there are two franchises within Surrey already...why didn't CCB promote their Elite players trying out for SU or SF?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh snap.

:D

Regs...My comment would apply weather CCBFC were called Girrafs-on-Iceskate-United (GOISU), and I was coaching in Nelson for Chomping River Beavers FC.

Point being...one of the strongest youth clubs in BC, who's proposal was rejected, makes a business deal to partner w/ one of the existing Franchises. Deals never come together because both parties are happy in their situation, they come together because each has a significant need that requires addressing. Acquisitions 101. From what we are able to find on the web, and by Elmo's comments, I'd venture to say there is no constitution that governs a deal like this from being brokered. So, to your question: "explain to me how this merger was to be progression for the whole of BC Soccer".

Well, I can't explain how it would be progression for all of BC Soccer, but I can explain how it'd be progression for one Franchise. What I can explain is how it is detrimental to ALL of BC Soccer, if we truly believe the concept of the BCPL is the way forward (even if the current model is fcuked). This deal being blocked, to satisfy political agendas and protectionism, sets a very dangerous precedence by allowing political interference to stand in the way of progression...no matter how big or small that progression is. It's the one step forward, two steps back scenario.

If we are to take baby steps in moving the game forward in BC, we can't be falling back into the same BS that has held us back.

Regs...you're welcome. You can take me out to lunch soon so you can bask in my brilliance.

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will say it again, there are two franchises within Surrey already...why didn't CCB promote their Elite players trying out for SU or SF?[/QUOTE]

Well Heanjob, whether it was their intention or not....they have now lets say "encouraged" their Elite players to try out for SU, albeit in an unorthodox way...by lighting their own clubhouse on fire...the parents and families did what most of us would....they ran.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW...we've all heard the accusations of CCBFC holding back players. I've never heard it first hand, just rumor mill. If this was indeed mandated from somewhere in the club, that indeed would be a shame, and totally against the concept of "developing" players. I know as a coach I am very proud when my players move on up to something better. It's awesome.

Heanjob...you can take me for lunch too. Next week.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My sources (whom so far have been more reliable than yours apparently :D) have told me as such.

Sure, I'll bite...

Yes I do.

I also am involved directly on a different level through work with the SU BCPL franchise as well as South Fraser and Thompson Okanagan.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
This deal being brokered, to satisfy political agendas and protectionism, sets a very dangerous precedence by allowing political interference to stand in the way of progression
I fixed your statement for you.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will say it again, there are two franchises within Surrey already...why didn't CCB promote their Elite players trying out for SU or SF?

Wonder about the current U12 players in CCB who are facing HPL, Metro as a choice next year?

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW...we've all heard the accusations of CCBFC holding back players. I've never heard it first hand, just rumor mill. If this was indeed mandated from somewhere in the club, that indeed would be a shame, and totally against the concept of "developing" players. I know as a coach I am very proud when my players move on up to something better. It's awesome.

Heanjob...you can take me for lunch too. Next week.

Well let's merge our calendars or is it sync our calendars and make a date.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My sources (whom so far have been more reliable than yours apparently :D) have told me as such.

Sure, I'll bite...

Yes I do.

I also am involved directly on a different level through work with the SU BCPL franchise as well as South Fraser and Thompson Okanagan.

You are bastion of youth soccer knowledge. In future I will default.....

Please sign below.

I Robin R declare my conflict of interest is it relates to my opinions on current, past and future BCPL discussions on this wonderful soccer blog. This conflict comes from my playing with Surrey United( who's Club success is close to my heart) and my business dealings with three of the current franchises.

Transparently yours,

_________________ REGS

;)

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Colin,

As a coach in Surrey ( SGU ) and having observed all the different clubs for the last 7 years I can say that there is a diverse set of cultures, values and beliefs within the soccer community of Surrey. What you don't get out of some of the clubs is the willingness to integrate with clubs, players, teams etc. I have no knowedge of the BOG's opinion or the deal that was struck between CCB and MFMFC but what I do know is that it would not of been a holistic or equal partnership. There is only one motivation for CCB in getting their mitts on a franchise and that would be to rip it away from Abby.

Well, that in the end would be Magnuson Fords problem.

And thanks for declaring your conflict as well....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are bastion of youth soccer knowledge. In future I will default.....

Please sign below.

I Robin R declare my conflict of interest is it relates to my opinions on current, past and future BCPL discussions on this wonderful soccer blog. This conflict comes from my playing with Surrey United( who's Club success is close to my heart) and my business dealings with three of the current franchises.

Transparently yours,

_________________ REGS
The only thing I can take from that Elmo is that you obviously have issues with people in authority, decision makers, people who make things happen, and beautiful bald men.

:knvb:

krutov

Dec 14, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I may be a bit naive on this topic but now that CCB has declared that the best route for player development is through the BCPL, can they just send their players to Abby to tryout anyway? It is borderless so is this not in the players best interests? Was this all just a way to have CCB personal on the MFMFC HPl commitee and now that that has been squashed, should they still not be playing their anyway?

Like I said I am naive

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I imagine MFMFC had much to gain from this merger or it would not have been worked. I'm only guessing, but MFMFC would have gained an improved player pool, more technical depth, and likely more financial support in exchange for a sharing of club control/direction.

Soccer in BC would have gained by having more key clubs actively involved in and supporting BCSPL. Right now there is only partial support from the community and BCSPL is suffering by not having consistent support at the grass roots and tier 2 level. I think the Surrey rivalry would have only made soccer in BC stronger.

Abby clearly felt they need the support and there will still be BCSPL soccer in Abbotsford. In a pay-for-play environment BCSA has to start allowing Darwinism into the local soccer infrastructure. Why keep sustaining mediocrity and limiting consumer options?

glonq

Sep 4, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some elite CCB teams voluntarily decided to remain at metro level because of (1) loyalty to their teammates, coach, and club, and (2) who wants to pay $2K/yr to beat the same teams that they already dominated at metro level?

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only thing I can take from that Elmo is that you obviously have issues with people in authority, decision makers, people who make things happen, and beautiful bald men.

:knvb:

No, just stupid people in authority(dont have to look to far in our game), decision makers who got there who the hell knows how and cant see the forest for the trees, people who make things happen( do you mean like a small group of people who invested $5million in a soccer facility 11 years ago?) and I thought you got over your baldness anger years ago......

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some elite CCB teams voluntarily decided to remain at metro level because of (1) loyalty to their teammates, coach, and club, and (2) who wants to pay $2K/yr to beat the same teams that they already dominated at metro level?

Sounds like EGO to me.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we're back to BCPL is bunk as the CCB company line? 2 days ago, paying $2K/yr to beat the same teams wasn't an issue I thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0