Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Merger Rumour - Abby & Central City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I imagine MFMFC had much to gain from this merger or it would not have been worked. I'm only guessing, but MFMFC would have gained an improved player pool, more technical depth, and likely more financial support in exchange for a sharing of club control/direction.

Soccer in BC would have gained by having more key clubs actively involved in and supporting BCSPL. Right now there is only partial support from the community and BCSPL is suffering by not having consistent support at the grass roots and tier 2 level. I think the Surrey rivalry would have only made soccer in BC stronger.

Abby clearly felt they need the support and there will still be BCSPL soccer in Abbotsford. In a pay-for-play environment BCSA has to start allowing Darwinism into the local soccer infrastructure. Why keep sustaining mediocrity and limiting consumer options?
So 8 or so odd months after putting a proposal together and winning a franchise based on this proposal, suddenly MFMFC needs improved players, technical depth, and financial support? What about the current supporting partners - were they in the loop on this?

For ADD posters, I play for SU Masters.

glonq

Sep 4, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like EGO to me.
Yeah, I suppose it does.

So we're back to BCPL is bunk as the CCB company line? 2 days ago, paying $2K/yr to beat the same teams wasn't an issue I thought?
I've never been told "BCPL is bunk" by the CCB, but I've never been told "Hooray, BCPL is great; move your kids there", either. Well, not until last week at least. As of today, I have no idea what the club's new message is.

This whole thing has gone pear-shaped, and a lot of kids are getting screwed over.

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So 8 or so odd months after putting a proposal together and winning a franchise based on this proposal, suddenly MFMFC needs improved players, technical depth, and financial support? What about the current supporting partners - were they in the loop on this?

Can you think of some other plausible reasons for proceeding with a merger? This was no small step for either party. You really think it was a "hey, you want join up? Um, sure what the hell." scenario? My comment was pure speculation, but I gave both parties credit for proceeding based on some sort of win/win scenario. What do you think the rationale was?

You really want the skinny? Aren't able to deduce anything on your own? Here's the phone number for MFMFC (604) 859-3033. Give them a shout.

You can also try: Magnuson Ford Mariners FC

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lets be honest, the whole process was flawed. Told them so at our Sportstown FC feedback session with BCSA. They should have created a transparent minimum criteria, and kicked back a bunch of the proposals because of this. Start the whole thing out with 4-6 franchises. What they ended up doing with sticking with 8 was take the best of the shite(or who fit in geographically). Many of these entities could have handed their proposal in on a match book cover. Most of this was well and decided in advance of any RFP I can assure you

I had a copy of the Van/Rich proposal in my posession since well before the decisions were made. Could have been a dick head and put it out for public consumption in advance of the decision but didnt because my assholeness only goes so far. Flipping through it today for the first time in months and still not overly impressed.....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you think of some other plausible reasons for proceeding with a merger? This was no small step for either party. You really think it was a "hey, you want join up? Um, sure what the hell." scenario? My comment was pure speculation, but I gave both parties credit for proceeding based on some sort of win/win scenario. What do you think the rationale was?

You really want the skinny? Aren't able to deduce anything on your own? Here's the phone number for MFMFC (604) 859-3033. Give them a shout.

You can also try: Magnuson Ford Mariners FC
Meow :rolleyes:

:D

I can deduce quite a few things but don't wish to come right out and say it bluntly, thus I throw questions out there on TTP so at least there is a chance of a free lunch from Dude.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets be honest, the whole process was flawed. Told them so at our Sportstown FC feedback session with BCSA. They should have created a transparent minimum criteria, and kicked back a bunch of the proposals because of this. Start the whole thing out with 4-6 franchises. What they ended up doing with sticking with 8 was take the best of the shite(or who fit in geographically). Many of these entities could have handed their proposal in on a match book cover. Most of this was well and decided in advance of any RFP I can assure you

I had a copy of the Van/Rich proposal in my posession since well before the decisions were made. Could have been a dick head and put it out for public consumption in advance of the decision but didnt because my assholeness only goes so far. Flipping through it today for the first time in months and still not overly impressed.....
Agreed 100%, see first post of this thread, i.e.:

SU Masters Player said:
Can't say I didn't see this coming at some point for Abby and should raise some questions about the franchise selection process (not that there weren't any before).

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude:

FYI - If you make a lunch date with Heanjob you should be forewarned he sometimes bails on lunch dates at the last minute.

Buckfast, I and Carlo Marini got right stood up today at 12:10 as his Mum (Yes, his Mommy) apprarently carries more rank for a Friday bite.
That, and unbeknownst to us he had a hard days work on TTP ahead of him as well due to recent developments on this inflammatory thread.

Carry on...

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude:

FYI - If you make a lunch date with Heanjob you should be forewarned he sometimes bails on lunch dates at the last minute.

Buckfast, I and Carlo Marini got right stood up today at 12:10 as his Mum (Yes, his Mommy) apprarently carries more rank for a Friday bite.
That, and unbeknownst to us he had a hard days work on TTP ahead of him as well due to recent developments on this inflammatory thread.

Carry on...

Made alternate plans when Rocco bailed and I knew it would would be 2 v 2 ( Catholic vs Proddy's )..as we clearly can't win these days unless we have an extra. I also knew that with Rocco out of the picture that I would clearly be Bucky's target.

...and yes I did take my Mom to lunch instead....Moxie's 200th....not of the Cactus or Earl's quality and not the place to have lunch with one's mother.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Much of the league documents are available on the league website; as for the BOG minutes, I dont know if they are posted or not. The eight member franchises have access to them; beyond that I cannot say.

Yes, the BOG is one person from each of the eight franchises. I am the rep from MUFC...

BC will be posting the singular response to the issues as from the BOG perspective.

MTKB- when might we be seeing this announcement?

A

AMA

This is a shocking decision to block this merger. Had it been any other club involved rather than CCBFC there would never have been any opposition .

Michele

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a shocking decision to block this merger. Had it been any other club involved rather than CCBFC there would never have been any opposition .

Hopefully the communication promised will throw some light on what this is really all about. I am sure somone will post it on here when it is finally put in to print.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully the communication promised will throw some light on what this is really all about. I am sure somone will post it on here when it is finally put in to print.

Hearing that Magnuson has told CCB/Surrey FC that Magnuson Ford Mariners Board has pulled the plug here.

Strange that all this has kicked up immediately following a BOG meeting for BCPL on Wed.

CE speculating:

I think that the BCPL BOG has no documented recourse on this type of partnership formation( ie nothing in the rules and bylaws/constitution to officially stop it). But they have made something very compelling to Magnuson that the Club has now insulated the BCPL in the process. So in the public domain, this is not a decision by BCPL (because there is no mechanism to stop the Mariners from forming a partnership with whomever they choose)but by the Board of Directors of one of the founding franchises. Basically, BCPL has not intervened here because the issue never got that far.......;)

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing that Magnuson has told CCB/Surrey FC that Magnuson Ford Mariners Board has pulled the plug here.

Strange that all this has kicked up immediately following a BOG meeting for BCPL on Wed.

CE speculating:

I think that the BCPL BOG has no documented recourse on this type of partnership formation( ie nothing in the rules and bylaws/constitution to officially stop it). But they have made something very compelling to Magnuson that the Club has now insulated the BCPL in the process. So in the public domain, this is not a decision by BCPL (because there is no mechanism to stop the Mariners from forming a partnership with whomever they choose)but by the Board of Directors of one of the founding franchises. Basically, BCPL has not intervened here because the issue never got that far.......;)

and in response to AMA: "This is a shocking decision to block this merger. Had it been any other club involved rather than CCBFC there would never have been any opposition."

There may very well have been opposition from local clubs and or the BOG, this I don't really know but...I can say that from the CCB families I have spoken to, albeit within a specific age group, this was not a largely supported idea by the membership and the implosion had begun before this merger went awry. It's almost just an additional kick in the nuts but not the only news story.
So to think that this was just a grand and sweet idea that was simply quashed by competing clubs for self interest, I really think may be a limited view of what's transpired here.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the end, there is nothing to stop those from CCB/SFC that support the merger to go play Mariners, and those that don't....don't. Now that CCB/SFC have twice (the North Fraser bid, now MFC) supported BCPL they can only encourage their players to move on when it is best for the player and family. Of course they can also play for any other franchise, in the same way Langley United's players can't be told "you must play for Surrey United." Anyway...

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cant see this merger lasting. I cant see the teams getting overly better. At least on the boys side. Parents wont be in to all that driving to be a part of an average program.

A

AMA

In the end, there is nothing to stop those from CCB/SFC that support the merger to go play Mariners, and those that don't....don't. Now that CCB/SFC have twice (the North Fraser bid, now MFC) supported BCPL they can only encourage their players to move on when it is best for the player and family. Of course they can also play for any other franchise, in the same way Langley United's players can't be told "you must play for Surrey United." Anyway...

I,m sure every place has its rivaleries like the different clubs in Poco, Burnaby etc .In Surrey the main rivals are SU and CCBFC and neither would willingly send players to each other if they could help it.There is a huge difference between the 2 clubs . SU is based in a mainly Caucasian area while CCBFC is based in a mainly Indo-Canadian area. There are coach,s from different backgrounds at CCBFC while SU coach,s are mainly Caucasian. Its the same with the Executive positions @ both clubs.
Both clubs have alot of talented players .
In an ideal world both clubs should work together but it gonna be very difficult especially now as its felt that SU were totally against the CCB merger with Magnuson.

Michele

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I,m sure every place has its rivaleries like the different clubs in Poco, Burnaby etc .In Surrey the main rivals are SU and CCBFC and neither would willingly send players to each other if they could help it.There is a huge difference between the 2 clubs . SU is based in a mainly Caucasian area while CCBFC is based in a mainly Indo-Canadian area. There are coach,s from different backgrounds at CCBFC while SU coach,s are mainly Caucasian. Its the same with the Executive positions @ both clubs.
In an ideal world both clubs should work together but it gonna be very difficult especially now as its felt that SU were totally against the CCB merger with Magnuson.

As a parent, you have to bypass the politics between clubs and do what is right for your daughter or son. The politics is shocking. No club would tell me where I could take my children to play soccer, and I truly believe at the end of the day, that if they have some noticeable talent, that a decent coach will give them a hand up.

Further though, it has to be said, that a club where the key members are arrogant enough to think they can make decisions without consulting their club committee, risk their own reputation and unfortunately, that of the club they represent.

A club with coaches that are focused on improving how your children play soccer, is financially sound and has decent training facilities that will not be impaired by the rain would be high on my list. Enough said.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what?

Fcuk you.

I refuse to let this shite permeate into TTP.

No more fcuking youth talk/discussions on TTP, it's not fcuking worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0