Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many games should Weight get?

How many games should/will Doug Weight get?

• One.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two or Three.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Four of Five.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Five or Six.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • None.

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem here is that everybody is so quick to look for swift judgement and punishment. Hell, the morons from Sportsnet (and, it seems, a certain TTP moderator) couldn't even wait until the first period was out before they started throwing about suspension theories. The first period had three goals, a penalty shot and a fight, but all I heard at the intermission was talk about suspensions. Then they started up on Jim Fahey slew-footing Marc Savard, which led to Savard slipping, which led to him going hard into the boards, which led to a shattered ankle, which led to Savard being out for 8-10 weeks. What should happen to Fahey, then?

It's quite fashionable nowadays to pipe up with ideas about how to punish cheap-shots. The "suspension should equal the injury" theory will never work. If Allen gets two games for knocking Zetterberg out 4-6 weeks, what does Weight get for knocking Sedin out for 4-6 minutes?

There isn't a forumla which will effectively work across the board. Suter's cross-check to Kariya went drastically under-punished given how badly it affected Kariya's season. Weight's cross-check was of the same ilk but it didn't produce anything remotely close to the same amount of damage.

Aside from looking strictly at the injury caused, you have to start looking at intent, and intent equalling injury. Marian Hossa didn't intend to gouge Bryan Berard, but he did, and the injury Berard sustained was arguably the worst of the lot. Hossa was responsible for controlling his stick and directly responsible for destroying Berard's eye, but he didn't intend to hurt him. But who starts to judge and evaluate intent? It's a tough fcuking job.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sens-able!

I couldn't agree more with this statement:
Aside from looking strictly at the injury caused, you have to start looking at intent, and intent equalling injury.

Hossa felt terrible about what happened... No intent = min. suspension or none at all... (accidents happen)
Suter is a cnut that also shortened Gretzky's career!!! Intent to injure = lengthy suspension... (cheap Yanky bastard):mad:
Allen was stupid and slashed a weaker kid... Reckless use of stick, but no intent to injure... (2 games was fair);)
Weight was deliberate and vicious... Intent to injure = lengthy suspension... (cheap Yanky bastard):mad:

As for the Captain admitting his TTPing, I've finally figured him out... He loves the Canucks and the Gers!!! It's all a piss take after all (a cover up if you will).

With love, Guinness:knvb:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is Zetterberg's punishment for having bird ankles?

A broken leg.

Allen shouldn't have to sit Zetterberg's full time out because he's built like a canary. Two games for being reckless is just. Hell, even 4, if you want to send a message.

Head shots: need to be treated more seriously. Ankles can be operated on, and patched together with plates and screws. I have some. Ask me. Go ahead, ask.

Anyhow, the league needs to send a message when it comes to cheap shots to the head. Even if it does improve KNVB's looks, Weight should still have to sit as long enough that it will hurt him and the team: 10 games.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ankles can be operated on, and patched together with plates and screws. I have some. Ask me. Go ahead, ask.

ok...do you have operated on ankles that are patched together with plates and screws?

how about an article?:D

by the way, i agree with your point, however 10 is pushing it...my money is still on 6

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From sportsnet.ca

League hits Weight with four game suspension

Weight will begin serving the suspension on Saturday, when the Blues host the Florida Panthers. He will be eligible to return on Nov. 19 when the Blues visit Phoenix.

Sportsnet.ca - Doug Weight's fancy stick work will cost him four games.

The NHL has suspended the Blues forward for high sticking Henrik Sedin in the face Thursday night.

The incident occured during Thursday's Blues-Canucks game in St. Louis. No penalty was called on the play.

"I was upset because I was watching the referee and I'm sure he saw it and he chose not to call it," Vancouver coach Marc Crawford said after his club lost the contest 3-2. "Those are the ones you get upset about."

The 32-year-old Weight has six goals and 10 points in 11 games this season. The Blues do not play again until Saturday night, when they host the Florida Panthers.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0