Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do we fix our National Program?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
He wouldn't be a bad choice. Forget he was out there. But, would he leave the MLS or do both. His current job seesm pretty stable and successful but i don't know if the CSA will hire a part-time coach.

And would BORA actually want to coach Canada?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bora has a history of taking dead programs and getting them into the World Cup. Throw the fcuking bank at him.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that I like to get political but

Usually, I stay away from this sort of thread but I thought I might make a quick comment.

I personally think that the CSA is in control and that Holger was a mere puppet. I think his hands where tied on many critical decisions. He really never did have full control as the CSA like many other areas of Canada, the power of Politics plays a huge role in the poor old Canadian athletics once again!

Justmyconceptofthings

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spend the Money on a Stadium

Originally posted by Dude
Bora has a history of taking dead programs and getting them into the World Cup. Throw the fcuking bank at him.

You could throw a ton of cash at Bora who would come in and motivate our top players who play over-sea's and possibly sneak into the next WorldCup if FIFA opened it to more teams. But you would do nothing to fix the long term problem, which is top coaching and training for young player between 12 and 19. It is said that a Canadian 12 year old player has all the same talent and ability as any other 12 year old in the world, it is from this point on, that the CSA and the BCSA fail for developing Canadian players. We need to throw the money at the coaching for these players or at least buy the kids a One-Way ticket to Europe to devolop in the great youth systems over there. The best recent Canadian player, Craig Forest, went to England at 15 or 16, and devoloped his skill from his raw talent with thier coaching.

OR

The CSA could put all OUR money into a 20 Million Dollar Soccer Stadium in Toronto, that will be used 6 months of the year because of the great winters in Ontario.

On a side note, I was having a conversation recently with a BCSA exec., and he informed me that this year at Burnaby Central High School there will be a program that involves BC's best young players going to school together, but also training on a daily basis together. What a great idea, where did they get that. Look at the Big Clubs in Europe, they all have youth programs that send kids to a school and soccer program that works together. In BC we do have this, but it is for our Junior A Hockey where the kids, 16 to 19, will go to school in the community where they are playing. I always wondered why we produced so many great hockey players.

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they should hire Dick Advocaat. Look what he did for Rangers. Perhaps John Barnes as his assistant? Great stuff.

It goes to show there are no good German managers. Vogts is shite and so it Olger. They should stick to starting wars and knocking down walls.

onelessstar

Dec 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Bora for Canada

Bora Mulitinovic (sp?), I believe, has recently signed on to coach Honduras -- for big-time cash, I might add.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hos,

You’re absolutely right. That is the best solution, long term. BUT…how do you kick-start this? The answer is to get Canada in the next World Cup. This could and would springboard a rekindled national interest in Canadian Soccer, and developing our players. It could be the push we’d need to establish a workable model for a domestic pro league, accompanied by a developmental system such as the one you’ve described.

So Bora is taken…get some other hired gun.

Alas, this is all really just a pipe dream. Until the bleeding the public decides to take athletics seriously in this country- as the Australians clearly have- we will always be a have-not nation for sports other than hockey and a handful of other fringe sports.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tee!!!!!!!!!!!

The rumor that I heard was that Yallop will be taking over the job.

Yes, but Tee, this lot is talking about who will replace Holger DourGerman managing the Canadian National side.

You, as usual, are talking about building your porch.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0