Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Group G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slav

Mar 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks BJB, I saw that too earlier but didn't feel like changing it at 4 in the morning. I wondered how long it would take for somebody to catch that.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
23 May 2002 (Teamtalk) -- Croatia's star striker Alen Boksic will miss his country's opening World Cup game against Mexico on June 3 due to injury.
The Middlesbrough hitman, Croatia's most influential player, was ruled out of the game after suffering an abdominal muscle injury in training at Croatia's World Cup camp in Tokamachi.

"Our medical staff said it's nothing serious, but we don't want to take any chances. Boksic will be back in full training in a couple of days," said Croatian national team spokesman Ado Kozul.

Croatia boss Mirko Jozic hopes that Boksic will be fit for the second group match against Italy, which is scheduled for June 8.

Boksic has scored just eight club goals this season, after being plagued by injury with Middlesbrough. He has not played for his club side since the FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal on April 14.

This is just getting annoying. :mad:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the Apprentice has chickened out of the offer so I guess it will be up to Zaurinni to step in. I have an old Croatia kit he can wear to the next TTP get-together.

The best part of this is that Zenga's fear of Croatia has finally silenced him.:)

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BIG PUSSY?

Heres my offer, should Croatia lose against Italy I will wear the I-Tie GK kit for all of the winter 2002-2003 season in the VMSL. Let me know if there are any takers. ie, Zenga or any other vertically challenged I-Tie GKs would have to do the same(wear the Cro GK kit in the 2002-2003 VMSL season). I will also wear the I-Tie GK kit in the summer Cro league should we lose to Italy. I would like to see Zenga or any other I-Tie GK willing to do the same, wear the Croatia GK kit in the summer I-Tie league(serie Z) and the VMSL 2002-2003 season. Any Takers? I suspect there won't be any. Let me know. ;)

PS, the winner must supply the GK kit to the loser. The loser must cough up 3 cases of beer, 3 cartons of cigarrettes and their girlfriend for a weekend.

soccerplayer13

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
there is about 35 more days till italy hoists the world cup over there heads and does the victory lap around the field!!!ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Read between the lines

NIIGATA, Japan (Reuters) - Croatia striker Alen Boksic is on course to make his long-awaited World Cup debut after recovering from a hang nail. The 32-year-old, who did not play in France four years ago because of a ingrown hair, missed Croatia's warm-up game against a local Japanese select XI. But Croatia coach Mirko Jozic expects the injury-plagued forward to be fit to partner Bosko Balaban in attack for Croatia's first game of the tournament, against Mexico in Niigata on June 3.

"Everything is okay with Boksic now," "I've picked him up some new clippers." national team spokesman Adolf Kozul told Reuters. "He is to take part in normal training again and we are confident (over his fitness)."

Boksic, who was also ruled out of the 1996 European championships through a nasty case of the trots, was not risked as Croatia beat a select side from Toyoma Prefecture clubs 4-0.

As well as Mexico, Jozic's side face Ecuador and Italy in first round group G of the finals, which begin on Friday.
I may of added some stuff, but you get the point :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by vratar
Heres my offer, should Croatia lose against Italy I will wear the I-Tie GK kit for all of the winter 2002-2003 season in the VMSL. Let me know if there are any takers. ie, Zenga or any other vertically challenged I-Tie GKs would have to do the same(wear the Cro GK kit in the 2002-2003 VMSL season). I will also wear the I-Tie GK kit in the summer Cro league should we lose to Italy. I would like to see Zenga or any other I-Tie GK willing to do the same, wear the Croatia GK kit in the summer I-Tie league(serie Z) and the VMSL 2002-2003 season. Any Takers? I suspect there won't be any. Let me know.
This could be interesting. Surly the must be a WOP out there with big enough meatballs to step up? Can Coppertone join? He won't be in net, but you could see that God awful Crotes jersey from the other side line for sure. Are you all talk boys?

I bet CDK could really pick up at the Milk Bar wearing a skin tight Italian kit. :D

Will Hill odds

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I do have a sculpted body. Thanks, Knvb!

You must've been checking me out while I wasn't looking.

But an I'tie shirt I will never wear...except for a Juventus shirt with Igor Tudors name on it.

As for the Milk Bar? I've never been there... What is it?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All right, enough is enough

Croatia WILL NOT make the second round!!! I'm not a wop waiver or a Mexican fan (although I do enjoy a few Corona's);) , but lets be honest here Croatians have bigger ego's than Yanks and what have they won??? Mexico will be better suited for the heat and conditions, while Italy has superior World Cup experience and knows how to win when it counts... (I can't beleive I just said that):rolleyes:

Mexico and Italy through to second round, Croats begin peace talks with the pig farmers in hopes of unification!!!:p

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slav

Name the bet pal, there is no way in hell Croatia will make it to the Final!!! How about something simple, I will change one of my avatar symbols into a "I love Croatia" or something to that effect for a year if you are right, BUT if you're wrong you will change your avatar to "Croats smell like pig farmers" if they don't make the final... What do ya think???;)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The bet is to get out of the group.

Croatia make the second round and Guinness has to come to two Croatia B practices. Croatia don't make the group and Slav trysout for Surrey United.

There ya go.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK

Who died and make you king pig farmer??? As Slav was saying
Croatia through to the FINALS!!!
BTW, nae chance I am showing up to that butcher practice session, unless of course you decide to strap on the white joma's again...:rolleyes:
Slav you may respond and talk for yourself unless CDK is responding for you @slick's house again!!!:eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chungers

I may be in for this one, but I'd rather see CDK "try out" for Surrey. We would even let him wear a Croate jersey :D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate betting on Italy

But I must say, you guys have come up with some great bets....

personally, I picked Croatia to win the group...as you will see when I finally get my WC pool in.

They will not beat Italy in World Cup play.
The last time Italy lost(not including PK's), was against Ireland in '94...Italy were caught napping...and before that '86!

I am into changing my AVATAR if Croatia beats Italy...as Guinness first came up with.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe you guys are offering to humiliate yourselves over a soccer game. For fcuks sake, anyone could win this group. It is being referred to as the "mini group of death." All four teams in this group have quality.

Croatia is very capable of beating anybody in the World as the list of teams it has kncked off proves the point. Holland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic...the list goes on. Italy is one of the glamour clubs of World Football and is one the favorites to go far. Mexico is no push over as they have had some success against European teams. Ecuador is going to be a skillfull bunch with plenty of strength to scare the other countries.

I'm only putting a $20 down Croatia to beat Italy...

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aguirre mocks Croatia's chances

Mexico coach Javier Aguirre has put down his side's first World Cup opponents Croatia, insisting they are not a "really strong team".

Aguirre's men take on Croatia in Niigata, Japan on 3 June and the Mexico coach is confident that they can impress against their European opponents.

"I think this Croatian team here is not as strong as the one that placed third in France in 1998," said Aguirre.

"It does not look like a really strong team."

Aguirre said that he expected Bosko Balaban to start the game ahead of Alen Boksic, who has been struggling with injury.

"Balaban has been playing most of the time," Aguirre added.

"He has played 53% of the time the Croatian squad has played, more than Davor Suker, more than Goran Vlaovic, more than Ivica Olic.

"My friend (and assistant coach Ignacio) Ambriz and I know the Croatians in detail."

Starting line-up

Aguirre confirmed that he had decided his starting line-up for the opening game, but would not publicly name the team.

"In the training session on Wednesday I will field that line-up, but I won't tell the press," the coach said.

Striker Cuauhtemoc Blanco limped out of Tuesday's training session and was later seen with an ice bag on his right knee, but team officials said he would make the opening match.

Blanco is widely expected to start against Croatia, partnering Francisco Palencia of Spanish club Espanyol up front.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe Javier Aguirre is willing to take you up on your $20.00 bet. As much as I hate the Crotes I have them winning this group and moving on to the Semi's. My lucky coin said so.

With my coin on my side how can I be wrong? :rolleyes:

Slav

Mar 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness

The bet is Croatia makes it out of the group. The wager? Like the one I have with Appy, if he still has the balls and didn't back out. If Croatia makes it out of the group, you my friend shall be banished from TTP. Example, never ever allowed to come back on. We'll even get one of moderators, not to all ow you entry on to TTP. And if Croatia doesn't make it, well the same goes for me.Ok? What else could we add in to the equation? I know TTP is very close to a lot of us. So are you up for it?

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's with all the 'Loser leaves town" nonsense?

The avatar change idea is excellent. Stick to that and we might start seeing some of these bets get made.

And some of these cheap bastards might become "better bastards".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0