Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Group G

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Fifa Rankings

Nice one, Guinness. Looks like the Surrey Educational System wins out again.

Anything below New Mexico is bloody South America,
-Sensei.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those that understand, will like this.

For those that don't...you'll just have to trust me. It's fcukin hillarious.;)

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HAHAHA

Sweet, i wonder if prosi actually does smoke at the break, or fkcu even during game. u never know. :confused:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cannavaro still wary of Croatia threat

Wednesday 5th June 2002

Italy defender Fabio Cannavaro has warned his team-mates not to read too much into Croatia's opening game defeat to Mexico ahead of their Group G showdown on Saturday.

Mexico won a lacklustre game 1-0 on Monday and Croatia looked a pale shadow if the team that finished third at France 98.

However, Cannavaro is aware Mirko Jozic's men still pose a threat and must not be taken lightly.

"Croatia are a team that we have to be very careful of," he said. "They have a lot of expert players, very technical, and we know them very well.

"Even though they are older than a lot of teams they are very talented, good at keeping the ball and then breaking quickly.

"(Robert) Prosinecki doesn't play in a 'big league' anymore but he is still the most charismatic and talented player of the entire Croatian team."

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bjb

Next time a penalty shot is awarded I will let you go in net(upon watchers approval) and do all the idiotic guessing my patriotic friend. Tink before U speak, there is a golden rule for GKs on PKs which I will not disclose. You said "hit it hard and near post, goalie has no chance", I suppose those two saves Pleti made in Champs league he had no chance eh? Anyways I dont even know why Iam responding to you, your knowledge of Goalkeeping is obviously greater than mine.

As Boksic goes, ya he is a good striker, but when a guy plays with no enthusiasm and energy what makes you think he has the pace to run with a youngster. He probably is not in top shape thats why. The air quality and humidity in the orient is to harsh for Boksic to play 90 mins. Use him as a sub in the second half. I would rather see Suker and Boksic split the game and have each of the two play like theres no tommorrow against Italy.

Perhaps I was too harsh on Zivkovic, he hit the panic button and made a mistake. N Kovac needs to play tougher against the I-ties, they will run over him if he doesnt.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your A GK???

Your a GK u must be kidding me, even with the smaller nets we use in summer league my team was able to get 3 past ya. don't even start with your gk knowledge with me. Or i might have to teach u another lesson like in our 1st game. :D

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahahaha bjb

What a laugh, for a guy who rides the pine you sure talk big. Why dont you start training and prove you can crack a starting line-up. Even in summer league they use you sparingly.

hahahehe hehe hahahahaha:D

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dont' even start biatch

Vratar u are a waste of space, and i'm not even gonna start with ya. You are one of the worst goalies i've ever seen. Never seen so many rebounds in my life given by a goalie. The only reason u were still onk team was because nobody else could play net and the watcher couldnt'find anyone else. but u know what tha'ts enough i dont' need to waste my time with ya.

As for summer league we all share duties, unlike yourself where nobody wanted u, and u were lucky enough somebody picked u up.

Taht's enough bout u. Back to Group G thread.

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
First I would love for watcher to find a young goalie for the team. An old GK like myself only has a 1 more season left. You see for a young lad like yourself you should start training and leave the stone throwing. then you may get some respect before criticising others.

In so far as my decision to play for the team it was only as a backup role initially, when no.1 had an injury I was given more games than expected.

Ya Iam very gratefull the team I am with in the summer league picked me up, at least they are not throwing stones at me publicly like you are Dufus.

Waste of space??? hahahah hehe

:D

Enough of Dufus once and for all, back to group G.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Veterans Axed

IBARAKI, Japan (Reuters) - Croatia coach Mirko Jozic has axed midfielder Robert Prosinecki and striker Davor Suker from the starting line-up ahead of Saturday's World Cup group G game with Italy.

The big name pair, members of the side which reached the semi-finals of the World Cup in France four years ago, were both substituted after poor showings in Croatia's 1-0 opening defeat to Mexico.

Suker was top scorer in the 1998 tournament with six goals.

Jozic said he had a list of 14 players who were in contention for a starting place against the Italians and Prosinecki and Suker were not in the list.

But the Croatia coach said the duo could play some part in the match as substitutes.

'I didn't say that they will not play some part in the game,' said Jozic, 'They could play a part, it depends on the situation.'

While Jozic was tight-lipped about the 11 players who will face Giovanni Trapattoni's side, forward Milan Rapaic and attacking midfielder Davor Vugrinec look the most likely replacements.

iron mike

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB , I am disappointed in your comments towards Vratar and the NK goalkeeping situation. Don't take shots at a guys ability on the pitch, at our level it is very easy to do so. Get creative and slag the other guys sister or girlfriend.
As for you Vratar, slamming Pleti on the PK was wrong. Any ball that came to the middle to the left of him was his. He guessed the wrong way. If Blanco shoots the same shot as Beckham did he's a hero.
Now, I want you to play nice with each other or Iron Mike will have to talk to you personally.
Srce, Srce, that's all I want to see for the game tonight. If Cro lose, do it with pride and heart!!!!!! If we show up ready to play we can give the I-ties a major headache.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Albertini wary of Croatian rivalry

Friday 7th June 2002

Injured Italy midfielder Demetrio Albertini admits the Azzurri face a severe test against near neighbours Croatia.

"Since the draw was made their players have been thinking just about this match. They feel the rivalry," he explained.

The rivalry is spurred by the fact the Balkan nation is only a short distance away from Italy across the Adriatic Sea - and a number of players, including Internazionale's Dario Simic, have close connections with Serie A.

"The Croatian trainer is also a Milan trainer," added Albertini. "Obviously, against Croatia it will be very difficult. It is the most important match for them because they have to win."

Nevertheless, Albertini is confident the Azzurri with progress and is enjoying life back in Italy after injury ruled him out of the World Cup.

"It's the first time I've been a supporter since I was a boy," he explained. "But I call Paolo Maldini, Rino Gattuso and Filippo Inzghi every day and it seems they are very confident."

Uhm...sounds like Italy is still...uhm...scared. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hate to say this but i fear this game is going to end in a draw.

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Iron Mike, I suppose Pleti guessed the wrong way, however the reason I was pissed is because how he done it. Moving before the penalty shot is taken along the goal line is legal. I saw Graig Forrest do this at a Gold cup a few years ago with success. Since then I've hardly seen any Gk attempt this, because it is foolish. Think about this, a right footed shooter favours towards the GK right side(80% of the time) and a left footed shooter towards GKs left side(80% of the time). This is something I learned from a pro GK as a teenager. If you dont beleive me a replay of 10 penalty shots at any pro level will confirm this strategy. That shot was very saveable if Pleti adopted this golden rule. Anyways I wish Pleti and the rest of the team much success tonight/this morning and Iam praying they can pull it off.

BJB needs to assess his talent before taking shots at teammates. Anyways comments like that go in one ear and out the other. Your right at our level never take shots at a guys abilities, just be thankfull guys are willing to come out and have some fun.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia axe veteran duo
Simon Evans

IBARAKI, Japan (Reuters) - Croatia coach Mirko Jozic has axed midfielder Robert Prosinecki and striker Davor Suker from the starting line-up ahead of Saturday's World Cup group G game with Italy.

The big name pair, members of the side which reached the semi-finals of the World Cup in France four years ago, were both substituted after poor showings in Croatia's 1-0 opening defeat to Mexico.

Suker was top scorer in the 1998 tournament with six goals.

Jozic said he had a list of 14 players who were in contention for a starting place against the Italians and Prosinecki and Suker were not in the list.

But the Croatia coach said the duo could play some part in the match as substitutes.

'I didn't say that they will not play some part in the game,' said Jozic, 'They could play a part, it depends on the situation.'

While Jozic was tight-lipped about the 11 players who will face Giovanni Trapattoni's side, forward Milan Rapaic and attacking midfielder Davor Vugrinec look the most likely replacements.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I appologize

I appologize to vratar and any member of NK who was offended. BUt i was in bad mood after the mexico defeat. and Vratars comments of pleti's what the fcku was he thinking just got to me. First of all u must know Pleti plays for my fav team Hajduk split and i will bash anyone even if i know them if they bast my team, and anyone who shoots him down like that deserves a piss taking. yes i did go over board and i do appologize. and vratar if u there on sunday i'll buy u a beer. but we did woop your ass last sunday!!! :D

As for Croatia tonite. i'm starting to get a lil pumped. like the change to the lineup. i'd still like to have vlaovic or balaban up front and rapaic instead of vugrinec. but a change has been made lets hope it works out for the best.

time to get ready it's almost game time.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Credit goes to the Croates, they attacked after they scored and and got VERY lucky oh well not a good way to start the day but what can we do. Now this makes the group very intresting.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great fight back by the re-organized Croats.

The Croatians might pick Rapaic or Olic as the deciding factor in this game although I'm sure the I-ties will say that Croatia's best player was the linesman who chalked off two perfectly good Italian goals.

I'd like to thank him though as he obviously knew that I needed that result for my WC pool, probably.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Italian's really screwed up by having two players mark Boksic, though it could be argued that is the only way to mark Boksic, this left plenty of room for Rapagoooool and Vugrinec (later Olic) to break through.

Now we just have to play like that against Ecuador...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0