Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Goltv hd?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw an advert on GolTV last night concerning the TFC vs Madrid game.

Presented in high definition really grabbed my attention so I did some googling and it appears that the CRTC recently accepted some sort of application for GolTV to operate as an HD channel.

Another article stated that MLSE (owners of GolTV) were moving the production studio to Air Canada centre with HD capabilities.

If this goes through and all the various carriers pick it up (Shaw, Bell, Telus) I think this will be HUGE here in Canada - 24/7 soccer channel in HD!

Of course, this assumes that the source feeds of the properties they have rights to include HD... does anyone know if La Liga and/or Bundesliga are in HD?

Emirates Cup is on today/tomorrow which I would think would also be available in HD if this channel was a go right now (Real Madrid, Arsenal, Hamburg, Juventus)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
BTW the TFC Real Madrid match is scheduled for August 7th though they might have to reschedule if Ronaldo or Kaka pick up their kids.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantastic news !!

A buddy of mine lives in Madrid and he says that all La Liga games are presented in HD over there.

I believe the Emirates Cup that they're showing is from last year Regs, pre-season for most clubs I believe start this week and this year's Emirates Cup is slated for August 1 & 2nd. Teams that are in it this year are : Rangers, Paris Saint-Germain, Arsenal & Atletico Madrid.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
believe the Emirates Cup that they're showing is from last year Regs
I just came here to post that after seeing Robinho sub in :rolleyes:

On an HD related note, Fox Soccer Channel is rumoured to be going HD in January 2010... I wonder if there is any chance FSWC would make the move to HD as well? Terri Leigh in HD would be nice :D

Terri Leigh.jpg

Also, GolTV has the rights to Italy & Germany WC 2010 qualifiers.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantastic news !!

A buddy of mine lives in Madrid and he says that all La Liga games are presented in HD over there.

I believe the Emirates Cup that they're showing is from last year Regs, pre-season for most clubs I believe start this week and this year's Emirates Cup is slated for August 1 & 2nd. Teams that are in it this year are : Rangers, Paris Saint-Germain, Arsenal & Atletico Madrid.

Nice to have a punching bag in the tournament. :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I'm sure there is a BJ joke/answer to that question but I'm too mature to go there.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0