Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Golden Ears bridge

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I ran the bridge, it was alright this morning.

Went back with parents and wife later and it was a fukcing mess, people yelling at each other, babies getting over heated...a fat women with chains around her trying to lock her fat ass to the bridge to protest..:eek:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you didn't show up at 1:45, 15 minutes before the official opening then everything was fine. It was the mass of people that thought they'd just show up for the ceremony of the opening and all would be ok that got screwed.

We walked on around 11:30 and walked all the way across and back with no issues.

Seriously though, if you can't handle crowds, busy gatherings, and some minimal chaos, why would you go in the first place?

It'll be nice to hook up with some friends we hardly see any more that are over there.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
just remember to cover your license plates before crossing. No tolls we pay a gas tax for what??? a 72 year old bridge to get new pavement?? Bullshit.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got back with the family from the pedestrian opening of the bridge and we never even made it on?
They closed the bridge as their were so many people bunched together that people were passing out from heat and the close bodies. Along with Fire trucks and ambulances /cops on the bridge attending to the injured people.

To top it all off someone even went into labour on the bloody thing!

Their were no traffic cops holding back cars using side access rodes mixed in with all the people wondering around. What a total mess!

One word "Disaster"

Translink / Maple Ridge / langley you screwed this one up.

My guess they didn't think there would be that many people pathetic enough to spend the afternoon walking across a bridge. I mean is that familiy entertainment in mapleridge look Joe-Jack they built them there a bridge. I honestly couldn't believe when I heard about this, who does that..seriously.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My guess they didn't think there would be that many people pathetic enough to spend the afternoon walking across a bridge. I mean is that familiy entertainment in mapleridge look Joe-Jack they built them there a bridge. I honestly couldn't believe when I heard about this, who does that..seriously.

Too funny! The place was a gong show! They apparently had lots of family/kids stuff/entertainment going on ...not that I'd know.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive...my thoughts exactly. When the wife asked me if I wanted to go, I think I said something like "I can think of 83 other things I'd rather do than go walk a crowded bridge."

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive...my thoughts exactly. When the wife asked me if I wanted to go, I think I said something like "I can think of 83 other things I'd rather do than go walk a crowded bridge."

For those of us on the Pitt-Ridge side who work on the other, this day was kind of important. For more reasons than you're giving credit for.

I live in Pitt Meadows and work in Gloucester Industrial Park, just off the freeway at the 264th exit in Langley. Because the Port Mann is an impossible mess more days than not and the Albion Ferry often had an hour wait or more, I opted to drive the Mission Bridge to and from work each day. While the distance was longer (50 km), the drive was always the same and took about 50 minutes.

I expected the new bridge to cut 30 minutes off my travel time each way (which it has the past two days), giving me an extra 5 hours per week home with my family. That improves my quality of life dramatically, which gives me reason number one to want to be there.

Reason number two is the historical significance of the day. I have seen old pictures of the Patullo and the infrastructure on each side of the bridge in its day. My grandma beams when she tells us about the events that led up to the date it opened and subsequent growth, more than 70 years ago. Her recollection of these times is as sharp as if it happened yesterday, even though other memories have faded. Is that not an impact?

This bridge will greatly improve many, many things in Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge, Langley and Surrey. My five year old daughter will be able to tell her grand children that she walked on the Golden Ears Bridge the day it opened. I think that's enough to warrant not doing the 83 things more important this past Sunday, even if it turned out to be chaos.

Fat Monkey - Official Golden Ear Bridge Spokeperson

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh shut up you hairy old coot. I understand how important this bridge is, for many reasons both business and personal. I can also think of 83 other things I'd rather do on a Sunday afternoon than walk that bridge, including trimming Todd Ailey's ledgendary moustash (RIP).

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
trimming Todd Ailey's ledgendary moustash (RIP).

Wow, that is so 15 years ago. I don't know anyone with moustaches anymore, except for half of the Mullet Infested Over 35 division teams in the Valley.

And that's Mr. Old Hairy Coot.:mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can kick me in the Masters division next year, if you're playing that is, Mr. Hairy Old Coot. Or, I supose you may be a ref, in which case I can expect to see color as payback for all those card related headaches I gave you 15 years ago.

~Dude- no moustash, but great hair.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drove over today. It's a lot bigger than I thought.

Pretty amazing to think how close Maple Ridge is now to both Langley and Surrey... for the good and the bad! ;)

Will cut down significent time playing school teams from Langley and Surrey. Wonder if that will change school boundaries for school leagues. Maybe not with the toll...

Maybe BC Soccer should look at the boundary of Alouette and bring Langley into it?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drove over today. It's a lot bigger than I thought.

Pretty amazing to think how close Maple Ridge is now to both Langley and Surrey... for the good and the bad! ;)

Will cut down significent time playing school teams from Langley and Surrey. Wonder if that will change school boundaries for school leagues. Maybe not with the toll...

Maybe BC Soccer should look at the boundary of Alouette and bring Langley into it?

A common statement in the Jones' bedroom I hear. :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Ballbaby must have set a goal for himself: No posting on TTP until I'm 44!

Congrats, you made it! Well done! (World's best cup of coffee - Will Ferrel in Elf)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0