Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Galaxy vs Whitecaps 20071107

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LA Galaxy vs Vancouver Whitecaps PPV Webcast

Just a quick heads up if you are not going to the game on Wednesday for whatever reason but would still like to see it, the match will be webcast LIVE as a PPV initiative.

I'll have more details for everyone on Monday.

The match will also be available *I think* as a PPV archive.

Please note that the webcast will only be available to North American residents.

Cheers,

Regs.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, Didn't GolTV Pick up the match for the Tele?

On another note, I got two tix for the closed training session today at 3pm !!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Training session was a blast last night...except for the chicks next to me that were, not only extremely hidious, but dressed to 'the nines' or so they said ;) they took around 500 photos of Beckham in an hour, and at one point he was stretching and I guess they were sick of taking pics of his ass...the one whale says, "oh look, his shorts are riding up, maybe you can see his wiener":rolleyes:

Of the 1200 or so there, maybe 200 had ever seen a soccer ball before.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The way the ball is rolling/bouncing around on the pitch is shocking. I wonder if watering it would've made a difference...?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Training session was a blast last night...except for the chicks next to me that were, not only extremely hidious, but dressed to 'the nines' or so they said ;) they took around 500 photos of Beckham in an hour, and at one point he was stretching and I guess they were sick of taking pics of his ass...the one whale says, "oh look, his shorts are riding up, maybe you can see his wiener":rolleyes:

Of the 1200 or so there, maybe 200 had ever seen a soccer ball before.

By the sounds of it, a few of them had eaten soccer balls before..........

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking display out there on the pitch. I can see why neither team went anywhere. Definitely didn't help being indoors on the rug, nobody seemed interested. Beckham definitely was hurting after the one tackle, he never really played after that -- second half he hardly moved on the pitch.

At the end of the game the keeper went to punt the ball into the stands and sent it down the tunnel, kind of summed it all up.

Good on Vancouver for showing up and having fun. Thank God for the girl screwing up Oh Canada and the streaker... Bobby owes them a dinner. We all had a laugh, good event in the end.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Caught the last 30 minutes... the pitch looked shocking, which is a shame because everything else looked good.

Heard Beckham post-game and the man really is class... the jersey to the little girl - how excited will she be for the rest of the school year :D

NobbyStiles

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
its actually being replayed right now on GOL - have to say the pitch looks bloody awful - did they just lay it?? it looks like green tiles!!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will have to ask Mauritzio what Becks had to say after Little M didn't call the foul against Sir B early in the second half -- looked like he gave m an earfull.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The turf was attached to 8x8 plywood.
Must have felt weird on the feet especially where the boards met up.
What took the refs so long to come out for the second half? Both teams were standing around waiting for Maurputzio to show up. I even think the Galaxy goalie went to get them.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Becks chilled most of the game.. It was what it was for him.
I couldn't believe everyone trying to keep the ball. Almost embarrasing when the announcer had to go on to tell everyone to give back the ball or security will come find em'. I thought Harmse was the Galaxys best... and who was that huge defender that came in for the Caps around the 60th... at least 6'4" , 230 pounds. Big man for soccer, but he did well.
All in all a decent event. The streaker made everybodies night.

also, another fan tried to get in there at the end of the game, security got em' before he got to becks. Aggresively dealt with him, Becks saw this and walked over, tried to give a guy a quick handshake, as becks reached out, the kid tried to reach up to him, but the security guard slammed down his hand,.. poor kid... so close...

It would have been much better if the caps got the P.K. and everyone went home after a win... don't think many non footballers enjoy the ties.

done.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
And how about the long delay in waiting for the ball to be returned from the crowd? Bobby couldn't have sprung for a few more match balls? They actually waited for the ball to be returned at one point before resuming play.
And did anyone else catch the idiot who tried to get near Beckham at the end ofthe game. He jumps down on to the pitch, runs accross it gets with in 4 feet and then a suit tosses his ass to the ground and lays a few shots on his melon. And what about the fact that there were no bubble-shelters for the 2 teams? This didn't look like a professional match. At half, the subs came out for some touches and were practically begging the ballboy to spot them a ball to kick around. I have to say, it looked like the whole thing was slapped together. They've only had this planned for 5 months. Micky Mouse operation, the Whitecaps.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hype = to promote or publicize extravagantly

Doesn't actually mean to provide. They (organizers) have to get people in the stands, they can decorate all they want but ultimately it is up to the players in this case to provide the entertainment.

45,000 plus I hope they at least made some money.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched bits and pieces of this on the tube. Absolutely awful. Way to go Lenardfcukhead. As someone said earlier, you've only had 6 months to prepare for this, perhaps someone could've run out to North American Sport and picked up a ball or 2 as spares. Bye Bye MLS in Vancouver!!!!!:bronco:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Harsh Words for Bobbo Bronco....

Honestly, Stevie Kindell was MOTM in my opinion, kept streaking down that left flank and did well on most of them.

Nash was quite good too.

Harmse was the best Galaxy player by a long way

It's too bad Levesque didn't do better on the Ball JJ heeled to him about ten yards off the net...That was a nice bit of build up by the Caps.

What was Sebrango doing on that PK!? That was a shocking effort... Did the turf move? :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0