Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier Week #9 MOTW

Which is the MOTW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week #9 represents the mid-way point of the season, and it has some great match-ups within it! Which is the MOTW?

Delta Metro vs GN Sport (Fri. 7:30pm, JO)

After an impressive 4-0 start, GN has come crashing down to mediocrity with 3 straight losses, making many recite recognizable phrases about their 'inconsistent' nature. These two teams are very close in the standings, and this match could have some implications for staying in the top 4, and in the hunt for a highly prized Provincial berth.

Chilliwack vs GEU (Fri. 8:00pm, Exhibition Pk.)

Chilliwack look to continue their fine form, and rise towards the top of the standings against a failing GEU side. Can the GEU defense hold off the unrelenting offense of the Rapids? Will Chilliwack's run-and-gun style leave them susceptible to the GEU counterattack?

ND Lions vs SUFC (Fri. 9:00pm, Mackie Pk.)

Aside from this being '"the battle of the bottom feeders", this match has some obvious appeal. :rolleyes: I'd be willing to bet that these two teams will find it easy to motivate themselves for this one, as the loser will almost surely fall off the face of the known planet! (or at least the standings), and that much closer to playing in Div. 1 next year.

Langley vs Whalley Storm (Sat. 7:00pm, Mun. Oval)

A re-match of last year's Pakenham semifinal if I'm not mistaken, which Langley won in unconvincing fashion IMO. Whalley did well to challenge the eventual Cup Champions, and were a little unlucky not to have scored late in the match. In any case, I suspect Whalley may be gaining some confidence after the last few matches, and especially after stealing points from Crafty's boys last week. Langley still clinging to the impressive honour of being unbeaten thus far, will look to keep the bagel in the loss column.

PAU vs Poco (Sun. 12:30pm, SSA)

Poco had their GA doubled in one match vs Chilliwack last weekend but still have only let in 6 goals in 7 matches. Definetly a challenge for PAU's strikers this weekend, as they look to somehow find a way through Poco's strength in the back. Always a great match between these two teams out at South Surrey. This week should be no different.

Comments, and predictions encouraged........

~Skip

Previous MOTW honours:

#1 Poco vs Delta Metro
#2 Langley vs Poco
#3 PAU vs Langley
#4 GEU vs Poco
#5 Langley vs Chilliwack
#6 Chilliwack vs GN Sport
#7 Langley vs GEU
#8 Chilliwack vs Poco

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DMU vs GN
GN will be looking to stop their plummet from the top of the table but in order to do so will have to overcome a surging Delta side. i think Delta's got this one by two.

ND vs Sikh
for the passed few weeks ND has fought hard against some strong teams and seems to be on the verge of their first W. as for Sikh, i'm in agreement with LFC2. ND to rise to nineth place with a one goal victory.

LUFC vs Whalley
i voted that Whalley would be the first team to hand Langley a loss this season. that said, Langley won't go down easy and Whalley will only fulfill my prediction with their best match of the season. Whalley by one.

PAU vs PoCo
this will be a lively bout. PAU would like nothing more than to ensure their spot as number one after nine weeks with a win over PoCo. however PoCo will also be focused and looking to move up in the standings after dropping points in the Wack. i like PoCo by one.
my MOTW.

Wack vs GEU
despite GEU's inconsistency to date, they're still a dangerous bunch. the Wack will be looking to finish the first half of the season strong and within striking distance of the top. a physical match resulting in a Wack win by two.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DMU v GN - Delta to win 3-1.

ND v SUFC - ND with their first win 4-1... Doubling their "goals for" for the season. Jesus... i just noticed they have been shut out in 5 of 8 games. Yikes.

LUFC v Whalley - Evidently Whalley was missing two key players against us... possibly why striker12 was seeing so much of the field ;) remain calm curtis... just a joke. The lack of a sandbox will likely through off the boys from Whalley (althought there is a long-jump pit you guys can warm up in if you like) I also heard that Sandro and Nick will not be available for the game. Langley 4-1.

PAU v Poco - MOTW - Poco to grind out a 1-0 victory. Should be a great game to watch.

Wack v GEU - Wack by a field goal. 3-0. Many pints to be enjoyed afterwards at Dukes. GEU lads to avoid eye contact with any other bar patrons.

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta versus GN: GN could have been contenders if they hadn't lost to Delta this weekend :D

Chilliwack versus GEU: I predict some somber faces in the Wack this weekend. GEU to win in the "Green Bay" of the Fraser Valley League...only instead of cheese heads they have cow tippers :eek:

ND versus SUFC: The battle between the best of the worst...no brainer...ND to walk away with their first win of the season...convincingly trampling the Suck it Up Futball Contingent.

Langley versus Whalley: Langley's first loss of the season...enough said LFC2... :mad:

PAU versus POCO: Match of the Week . POCO's defense versus PAU's offense? PAU doesn't have many goals and POCO has only let in 3 less than PAU but has played one less game. PAU to take the honors in this affair... :wa: :wa: :wa:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta - because they always thump GN...
Chilliwack - as the above mentioned Lambeau Field on Monday nighters!!!
Lions - over due after a few unrucky bounces...
Whalley - the brother combo of Nukes & Utah eat too many chicken pies!!!

MOTW = PAU in a convincing fashion!!! (Lion to net first goal with the Rock)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See that might be funny if Nukes looked like he ate any chicken pies, ever, but the guy might weigh in at half a Cainy. Doesn't fly.

Nothing jumping out at me as a MOTW, but PAU /Poco. I can see Poco pulling off an upset here, but it could be a scoreless tie.

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta vs GN - GN's luck is up Delta to come flying, eyes fresh from crafty's hanky, wiping tears after dropping points :p

Chilliwack vs GEU - Chilli fo sho, if the GEU of last year shows up then anything is possible if not...no one beats these boys at home.

Langley vs Whalley - Tough to call Langley has to lose one here eventually i mean even the Patriots lost...and Whalley is my favourite team in the valley :cool: If the bros are on the back line they may be able to pull it off. GO WHALLEY!!

PAU versus POCO: PAU got this in the bag definetly, i know these things trust me... :cool:

ND vs SUFC - A must win, a will win...

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN to beat Delta, i just can't see GN winning 4 straight then loseing 4 straight. Sorry Crafty :(
GEU to beat Chilliwack, Geu may be inconsistent, but they will always play well against the top teams.
SUFC to beat the Lions, Sikhs will get some inspiration from the LFC2 scolding
PAU to get 3 points against Poco in a toight one ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How come nobody told me? I've been calling this rubber sheep (the Luv Ewe) Whalley all this time for nothing then?

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty???........where are you mate!?

This thread just isn't the same without your two-bits.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Read between the lines Dude (stop using them)

I was mis-quoted!!! (bloody tabloids at it again)
Origianlly posted by Mr. Whalley
See that might be funny if Nukes looked like he ate any chicken pies, ever, but the guy might weigh in at half a Cainy. Doesn't fly.

What I meant at press time was Nukes and Utah are a Brother combo... Utah loves combos, chicken pies and also eats everything Nukes leaves on his plate (which is quite a lot)...

In a nut shell ("how did I get into this nut shell, what a crazy nut shell, someone please get me out of this nut shell!") The pair of them eat too many chicken pies!!! See??? I know you've got it all sorted now... Right??? :rolleyes: :D

HowdoesNukescarrythatfatbastardeverymatch???

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip, sorry for the delay, but since dropping points against Whalley last week I have just got my blood pressure back to normal and am probably going to subject myself to the same torture all over again in about 3-1/2 hours. Anyway, for those that care, here goes with this weeks predictions;

DELTA METRO v. GN SPORT

Lets start off with this one rather than leaving it to the end. Watched GN last week against PAU in the pissing rain and they are a good side. They gave PAU problems on the break and had some good rotations through the middle of the park that kept Hozz busy all night. We will have to play much better than last week to get anything out of this game. This team come out flying from what I've seen and the first twenty minutes or so will be key for us. Will GN go four games without a point.? I fukcing hope so.!

CHILLIWACK v. GEU

I think this game will be real close. Chilliwack unbeaten at home will have too much pace for GEU and will be able to pick them apart. The one bad thing about Chilliwack is they are very one dimensional and GEU are a smart team who could close that down if the Wack don't mix it up.

ND LIONS v. SUFC

Big battle of tackles with cards of various colours being dished out like Halloween candy. Don't expect a great game of football, just good old muck and grind. Lions to creep of the bottom this week and keep my suicide pool rolling along another week.

LANGLEY v. WHALLEY

Whalley getting some key starters back this week and they will need them to get something here. No one more than me would like to see Langley slip up, with the exception of the whole PAU nation, but they are still unbeaten. Will this be the week that it all comes undone for them.? Probably. Is that just wishfull thinking? Probably.

PAU v. POCO

These two teams are more alike in styles than anybody else. PAU are younger on the whole, but play a very similar game. This all makes for a good match up, which will end up more like a chess game than a football match. I don't see PAU scoring this week at all unless they get a spotter and I don't see Poco breaking down Aves, Skip and the rest of the PAU backline. Simply put, the points will be shared on Sunday.

Cheers

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see you back Crafty. Hope you bring your heart medication with you to the pitch. Good luck tonight.

Hmmmm....no LFC2 sounding in yet. I wonder if this week's banter has left him somewhat gun shy. :D

Koooooookaneeeeeeeee..........where aaaaaaareee youuuuuuu?

~S

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0