Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier Week #4 MOTW

Which do you think is this week's Match of the Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI:

Last week's version of this thread had dramatically less replies within it (3 to be exact) than previous editions. I offer this information simply because I'd like your input. Has this thread run it's course?.......or, does it provide some useful, and entertaining banter? I'm unsure whether to make the effort to start it each week if guys are really not interested. No hard feelings either way, trust me. Just let me know one way or the other. I will post this weeks edition, and await your feedback. If no feedback, I will assume it has lost it's appeal.

Week #4 Match-ups:

GEU vs Poco (Fri. 7:30pm, Albion)

GEU will have much to prove after a very poor start. This classic match-up pits two long time rivals against one another. Both sides with much success in recent years, and bragging rights on the line. Should be a gooder! Lots of kicking, and complaining I would imagine.... ;)

Chilliwack vs Whalley (Fri. 8:00pm, Exhibition Pk.)

After catching GEU at their weakest in week #2, I wonder whether this will be Whalley's first 'real' test. Chilliwack have proven to be a solid side, improving themselves and building on the successes of last year. Always tough to beat at the Ex.

Lions vs PAU (Fri. 9:00pm, Mackie Pk.)

La Rocca will be well staffed this weekend, as both PAU and the Lions will have their representative on the sidelines because of cards. Lions (0-3) will be desperate for a win to stave off early relegation talk, while PAU wish to build on early success.

SUFC vs GN (Sat. 6:00pm, Newton Ath.)

All the temples in Surrey will shut down early for this one! Always fun to watch two skilled, quick teams play. Looks like the Sikhs have made an attempt to turn things around with a good effort last weekend vs Whalley. GN most definetly the favourites though.

Langley vs Delta (Sat. 7:00pm, Municipal Ath.)

I guess Langley will be penciling in 3 points before the match is even played this weekend, as they have feasted on this Delta side in recent times. Psychological edge to Langley, as they seem confident at home, but never count Crafty's Crew out!

Which is the Match of the Week??........

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip,
Let me be the first to say that I look forward to your presentation each Monday. Much more entertaining than finding my way to The FVSL site to see this weeks matches.

My two cent's, from a Langley perspective of course.

GEU/POCO. As dramatic as our turn around last year, must say early on GEU looks to be heading in the other direction just as dramatically. This game may shape the rest of their season. Hard to know what's really going on over there as they are quite quiet on here. Where is Millsy? Never the same since been beaten late in the year out at the Oval. Forget who scored it, but I remember it being a cracker.

Wack/ Whalley. As tough as Whalley played us in the semi last year, it is a different story proving you have the horses to go 18. That said a great start for them. Got to give this one to the home side, but it will be hard fought.

SU/GN. The real GN in a romp. The 'wish we were somewhere else' GN in a tight one.

PAU/ND. Seems PAU has moved on from yesterday with little to say. A quiet respect maybe??? Still a very good side with not quite the youth movement and change of faces they may lead the community to believe. Still a team I respect because of the passion this group brings to the pitch every week. ND, not a clue. Collar up, collar down. 0-4 may make the college boys to start looking for a new home.

Langley/Delta. Always hotly contested, and yes even when we sucked we took points from Crafty's crew. Will not be taken lightly.

So in the end, no clear cut favorite this week, but nostalgia will get my vote. POCO/GEU in a slug fest. A tie would be appreciated.

Keep up the good work Skip. Let's support this thread.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skips first poll with-out my help... sniffle My skip is all growns up. Brings a tear to my eye really.

Skip, I think this is a tremendous idea despite what LFC thinks of it.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip, you have my support with this thread. I've always tried to add to it when I can.

GEU V. POCO
I'm not sure what has happened to GEU this year, but it sounds like a similar problem to what PAU experienced last season. Come out as defending champs and surprise everybody with the lack of form and poor results. I must say that the GN result last week was a real shocker. Not so much that GN won, but the score. I can't believe this lack of form will continue within the GEU set up for too much longer or we will have the Black Knights stepping up and playing Premier...God forbide. Anyway, enough said, I'm sure they will work through it as did PAU, but not in time for this fixture. POCO to take this one by a single goal.

CHILLIWACK V. WHALLEY
Great start for Whalley thus far, but I believe the Lions did a similar thing last season and we all know what happened there. Having said that, lets hope they are a real addition to the Premier division and continue to improve. This is a tough game for any team on the road at the Wack. Though Chilliwack are very one dimensional in their build up, if they catch you knapping you will be punished. The Wack have some clinical finishers if given the opportunities and it sounds like Whalley have some key guys that can score goals too. Should be a decent game of football and this is my MOTW. Another close one with CHILLIWACK taking the points here.

SUFC V. GN SPORT
I'm sure this game will probably draw the largest crowd this weekend. GN are the most inconsistent team in the league as you never know week to week how they will perform. SUFC will be out to prove that they are Premier calibre and will have to play well to beat a very talented GN team. Very similar styles of play with lots of silk but know bite. Tough call, but if GN show up they will win this one. GN SPORT it is.

PAU V. ND LIONS
If PAU take these guys lightly they will lose. The Lions are not a very good team at all and are easily distracted, but if you let them get some rhythm and momemtum they can be dangerous. PAU are on a roll right know but they have experienced, not so long ago, how easily it can all slip away when the wheels fall off. Take it one game at a time and don't lose your focus. Skip, Cainy, I hope you are listening to me. PAU by two goals.

LANGLEY V. DELTA METRO
This is always a tough game for me. I thought I had Langley right where I wanted them last season in the Pak and still lost. All credit to LFC2 and the boys over there who have turned that club around. We ourselves need to turn things round in a hurry right now and the players are fully aware of that. I firmly believe that the Delta team this year should improve on last years results, but it needs to happen for us this Saturday. DELTA METRO by one.

Cheers Skip, keep up the good work.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers skip, enjoy the read, but just don't have the time at work for lengthy posts. Can't afford the net at home.

PAU x 3
GN x 2
Wack X 1
LUFC X 2
Poco x 1

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll have to agree with Crafty's pick this week. CHILLIWACK V. WHALLEY get's my vote as MOTW.

yes Skip keep up the good work with your weekly write-ups. I'm sure most people read them, it's just that lot's of folks like myself don't post a lot.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers for the feedback boys. It's great to hear from respected FVSLers like Sliver, and Crafty......as well as others of course. I too enjoy reading through the analysis myself.

Poco / GEU MOTW in my mind, just because I feel GEU must make a statement........and soon. Crafty is right, last year we had the same type of let down, and we never really worked our way out of it. Tougher to repeat as Champions than to do it the first time. Hats off to Poco, who have accomplished this feat not so long ago.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just let me know one way or the other. I will post this weeks edition, and await your feedback. If no feedback, I will assume it has lost it's appeal.
New Mod fishing for compliments 101. Well done Skip. ;)

I'm going to go with GEU vs. Poco. The rivalry alone makes this one MOTW material.

Chutney Bowl would be the runner up, although I believe it will be a slaughter.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep it up skip, even if you're supposed to be working:) I am having a tough time picking a MOTW this week there seems to be some great match-ups.
Chilliwack vrs Walley
I think this will be a spanking for Chilli. Those boys are strong, fast and experienced, not to mention tough to beat in the Wack. Whalley will have their first real test.
Wack by 3

SUFC vrs GN
Again, depending on which teams show up it could be close or a blow out. If GN shows without their "A" game it will be close but SUFC will out work them and take it by 1 goal. If GN realizes that they need to perform each week and they show up, then I pick them to win by 2 goals.
In a pinch, GN by 2

PAU vrs Lions
PAU will school them by a hat-trick (even without the guy with the "Gene Simmon" hair-do).

GEU vrs PoCo
This is a clash of the titans. 2 Teams that need a win to stay in the hunt. Both teams are old, physical, and bitch a lot if they get down (that goes for just about all of us!). I am picking this to be the MOTW simply because it would be fun to watch from the safety of the sidelines. I am hoping for a live simulcast of this one.
In the end GEU 2-1

LUFC vrs Delta
This is a tough one to call, both teams are hungry and can't afford a loss at this time. Langley will needs to stay focussed and play for 90 minutes at the pace that they can, unlike last week. Delta is always a talented group and not only are due but wanting revenge. Didn't Langley do them a favour at the end of last year??
Against my superstition to predict this one, sorry

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
The Lions are not a very good team at all and are easily distracted,

Please tell us how you really feel. If I go sliding out the sidelines in a few weeks and accidently :eek: take you out crafty we'll know it was from that comment.

Yeah we are struggling right now and we are yet to get it going but not a very good team at all, dem be fightin words. We have reached a stage of growth that we are struggling with. Many of the boys are starting careers and we're just tryina find that balance. Matter of time until it comes back.

Chilli
GN
The team that is not very good at all
GEU
langley

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When was 'it' there in the first place? Don't get me wrong you've had your days, none that I've ever seen, but the standings say you've been good enough to win a few along the way, but really now, you guys have never been good...

Or did I miss a season?

I'm going to try and take in the Langley game, but my MOTW vote went to the Whack Vs. Whalley.

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco over GEU by 1
PAU over ND by 3
Langley over Delta by 1
Chilli over Whalley by 2
MOTW
SUFC over GN by 1
and there is no way I can lose to my brother. :p Alot at stake here. Looking forward to the afterparty. :knvb:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmnn, I have to go with Whalley and 'the Wack'
Close second, Poco and GEU (don't worry if you get into trouble in the standings, you have the best Div 1 team in the universe to take your spot....just ask one of them.)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
......as well as others of course.

Don't think you got that one by me Skip, love reading between the lines, usually due to the fact I don't understand what the hell is going on at face value!

Joma007

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU vrs Lions
Lions look like a desperate group trying to get on the right foot. Doesn't look like it will happen this week. PAU looks very strong and motivated.
PAU

GEU vrs PoCo
GEU will rebound after that embarrasing loss to GN. PoCO will come out hungry but nothing will be solved in this one.
1-1 Tie

LUFC vrs Delta
Tough one to call her. LUFC definately has Delta's #, and they look like a definate contender for the title.
LUFC

Chilliwack vrs Walley
This match is Chilliwacks to lose. We've played against both these teams this season. Both teams play a 3-4-3 system. The only difference is Every member of Chiliwack is fast and fit. :eek: Whalley Does have some speed on defense which is their strenght and some good skill up front. (Especially the big guy) he can put on some moves for a 240 + pounder.
Chiliwack

MOTW

SuFC vrs GN
You can throw out all the stats for this one. Both teams have members that played for the opposite teams and play against each other all summer long.
This one is gonna be a battle. GN has had a great start to their campain going 2-0. But was it a fluke? SuFC had a terrible start but has played better with the squad that finished last season finally back from injury.
Upset SuFc

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knight Rhider said:
If I go sliding out the sidelines in a few weeks and accidently :eek: take you out crafty we'll know it was from that comment.
If you are really lucky, you might actually slide ONTO the field...
:D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Don't think you got that one by me Skip

Oh, I got it LFC. Of course your words are ALWAYS well respected here. Just couldn't mention everyone.....

So, who (other than PAU and the Lions) will be missing players due to suspension this weekend? Will this be a factor in some of the matches? Of course, in an attempt to conceal information for the advantage of your club, no one may wish to share such information, but I thought I ask none the less.

Guinnesswithanundisclosed"upperbody"injurythisweekend

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I too, Skip, enjoy this thread and your write-ups.
Although, I couldn't give a rats ass about this crap division. :D

The Chutney Bowl - My choice.
I still chuckle at that. :D

Best of luck lads,

RF

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU vs POCO MOTW big game for both teams, huge game for GEU after a very rough start to the season. If we get a good result it will change our season drastically. Time for GEU to get the balls out of the purse and nut up, common boys this is a huge game for us, lets get focused and play like we can. :knvb: GEU 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0