Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier Week #10 MOTW

Which is the MOTW?

• GEU vs SUFC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ND Lions vs Whalley Storm

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Half the regular season done, and we find ourselves at the very beginning again. Curious to see how the voting differs the second time through.

GEU vs SUFC (Fri. 7:30pm, Albion)

Shouldn't be too much of a surprise in this one, as most would assume that GEU have enough firepower (even running in mid-gear) to get a result vs the lowly Sikhs. An identical re-match in that the first meeting was also played at Albion. My bet is the Sikhs will be trembling before they even set foot on the pitch.

Delta Metro vs Poco (Fri. 7:30pm, JO)

It will be interesting to see how Poco respond after having the rug pulled out from under them last weekend. Doubling their GA in one game, they will most likely be questioning what was praised most about them: Defense. Delta on the other hand, rebounded well last weekend to get a result against GN. They currently sit in 4rth place, and with a win (and help from other teams) could find themselves tied for second place! A loss could see them in the bottom half. The standings are tight, and every point has implications.

Chilliwack vs PAU (Fri. 8:00pm, Ex)

Chilliwack look to build on their impressive unbeaten home record, having only dropped points to GEU with a tie. Always tough at the Ex. PAU might prove to be a worthy adversary this weekend though, coming off of an offensive explosion last weekend vs Poco. Could this be a double-digit affair!?!? :eek:

ND Lions vs Whalley (Fri. 9:00pm, Mackie)

The appeal of this match lies in the fact that it pits two youthfull teams against one another. Lots of piss and vinegar, at a million miles an hour! Both teams will be licking their chops at the very real chance at collecting points this weekend. With a win, the Lions would climb to within a point of the Storm, and also closer to winning the fight for respectability in the Premier league.

Langley vs GN Sport (Sat. 7:00pm, MAP)

No need to get too hyped about this one, as I'm fairly confident the Langley turf will once again be closed due to someone spilling a beer on the sidelines! :D In all seriousness though, these teams have not seen one another yet, and should this one be played, will almost certainly prove to be an entertaining match. GN's record has plummetted to .500, after an excellent start. Langley still have yet to suffer a loss.

Comments, and predictions encouraged........

~Skip

Previous MOTW honours:

#1 Poco vs Delta Metro
#2 Langley vs Poco
#3 PAU vs Langley
#4 GEU vs Poco
#5 Langley vs Chilliwack
#6 Chilliwack vs GN Sport
#7 Langley vs GEU
#8 Chilliwack vs Poco
#9 PAU vs Poco

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suck it up FC better start buying straws in bulk...GEU to win

Can't see Delta losing to POCO...it looks like the POCO goalie just came back from vacation cause he's got a nasty burn on the back of his neck

Whalley to win in a kick fest...sorry ND but Whalley may be too tough for you guys this week...as oppposed to better footballers

Langley to get beat by GN...unless the turf is closed..oh it's not in Langley

MOTW...PAU trying to win in the Wack. Your guess is as good as mine...I pick the lads from Langley (LFC2) to win

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU over SUFC 4-1
Delta over PoCo 2-1
Wack over PAU 4-3... always a tough road game.
Whalley over ND 3-2
GN over Langley 2-1... it has to stop sometime for GN (and for Langley). Dude will be worthless all game due to "distractions".

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU vs SUFC
Geu will romp over SUFC with no worries... I call 4-0

Delta Metro vs Poco
Tough one to call...after the way POCO played against us, they will look to rebound in a big way. Delta is on a good run, and Crafty will have the boys ready... but I'm calling Poco by 1

Chilliwack vs PAU
My MOTW for sure... both teams will play attacking fitba, and it'll be down to which team can defend better. I'm predicting us in a toight one. :D

ND Lions vs Whalley
Another battle to avoid relegation... I'm calling a tie since both teams will play scared in case they lose.

Langley vs GN Sport
GN are a very good team, tons of skill and pace...which is why I don't understand how they can lose some of these games :confused: Langley are playing well, and have yet to lose...But I'm calling a rebound in form, with GN winning 1-0

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU over SUFC 10-0 look for Big T to have his make-up kit giving makeovers :p
Delta over PoCo 3-1 Poco to fall to the pretty boyz
PAU over Wack 4-3... always a tough road game, but the PEEU Nation will do it, trust me i can tell these things
Langley to wallop GN 3-1... I don't care if Phili lost these clowns arent gonna lose until they meet up with us again...
Whalley game will be tough as we have beaten these guys maybe twice outta 50, one win came when it counted the most, remember...but i know we'll win I'm positive...i think

Knight Rhider got turned down by ABC... :p

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easily PAU vs. the Wack. Should manage to venture out to the East Valley for this fixture. Do I have to buy tickets now or will they be available at the gate?
Any way this game finishes will help Langley in one way or another, so just looking forward to watching a good game.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL Div 1 Week #10 MOTW

Match of the Week:

Without a doubt DMU vs Aldergrove.

Any time you have two undefeated teams half way through the season, that's exciting....

Ohhhh this is the Premier thread...never mind :wa:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse,

You threw me for a fukcing loop there! Though I entered the Twighlight Zone when I read the Div. 1 stuff. :D

This looks like a landslide folks..........

LFC2, I'll leave a ticket at the gate for you. ;)

~S

Flash20

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUFC to turn their whole season around...2-1 for SUFC
Whalley to easily handle the ND...3-1
GN..well what can i say...it all depends on whether they call up those kids...if they do...GN to win 2-1 otherwise Langley 4-0
Delta over Poco 2-0
MOTW has to be Wack against the Nation...sorry studsup(COACH) but Chilliwack to win 4-3

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Halfway mark for half the league with the balance having one make up game except Langley. We start to repeat fixtures, but will history repeat itself as far as the results. PAU looking good right now at the turn taking 22 points from 27. Only Langley can do better if they win their games in hand against GN Sport and Whalley.

GEU v. SUFC

5-0 to GEU the first time out this season and I don't see much changing this week. GEU will get stronger this half and put more than three wins on the board as they challenge for a provincial berth. SUFC have major troubles that Big T and the boys are well aware of. Halfway and winless is also Big T (Big Trouble) and we will see the SUFC team relegated if things don't change in a hurry.

ND LIONS v. WHALLEY

Close game the first time round with history repeating itself here in this one. I think Whalley will find a way to stay up in their first season and beating the Lions is a must. Good win for the Lions last week will give them some confidence going in as they also try to maintain their right to remain in the top flight. All in all a very close game that could go either way.

LANGLEY v. GN SPORT

These two teams have yet to play each other this season and I do like the match up. GN will be getting some additional strength from their College players returning, but will it make a difference. Langley looking to maintain their unbeaten status and challenge for this years title will remain nervous until the points are in the bag. Langley haven't played anybody in the top half in a month and need to put in a very good performance this week to take any points at all.

DELTA METRO v. POCO

Great rivalry over the past four years with the results pretty even. We did play each other for one half before the game was cancelled this season and again it was pretty even. Poco losing their last two games and conceding nine goals will be looking to plug the hole and get back to winning. Delta moving slowly back up the table week by week after a slow start will need to bring their "A" game to continue their run of good form.

CHILLIWACK v. PAU

PAU suffering their only defeat this season against a three forward formation in the GEU game will have them thinking as they head to Exhibition Park this week. Chilliwack unable to crack PAU the first time round will be looking to improve on their current position in the league and get a better result against the Nation this week. This should be a cracker and another game that will be very close.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
OK.
Look to the left of me.
See it?
See my Avatar?
Wait til you see Caretaker Willy.
See him bust his fcuking chest out?
I wanna be like Willy.

Here's my call lads for the weekend:
Watch and fcuking learn.

Because of it's sheer greatness, I give you permission Skip to also copy my post into the MOTW thread for all to see.
I imagine word of this will get out anyway, and droves will flock to this thread threafter, but just in case, you have the blessings from my legal team.

GEU Ultra SUFC Red Devils Fri 7:30PM Albion Sports Comp NW

Home win
Plain and simple:
I love ya Big T but don't fancy you getting more by Millsy than what last year's champs will get by you.

North Delta Lions Whalley Storm Fri 9:00PM Mackie Park

Away win
Nice to see Knight Rhider and Joely's crew get the job done last week, but I'm calling Mack Jacket FC to pull the full three points.

LUFC United GN Sporting Club Sat 7:00PM Mun Athl Park - Oval

Tie
GN to battle well against Langley on the turf and get the fcuk out of Dodge with a point in hand.

Delta Metro United PoCo City Dominion Fri 7:30PM John Oliver Park

Home win
Home field an advantage always but this one will be close.
Depite what most people think though of you Crafty, I do think you know what the fcuk you're doing out there and feel you'll have your guys up for it.
PoCo smarting from last week make's this my MOTW runner up.

Chilliwack Rapids Peace Arch United Fri 8:00PM Exhibition Park - Chilliwack

Tie
This is your MOTW ladies.
I feel PAU is the fave here but for some reason got a sense this could be one of the biggest games of the year for both teams.
Home field HUGE for Chilli and they have the horses this year as already seen.
PAU is in top form and my hunch is both sides will bring their 'A' game.
Gotta love the atmosphere the Rapids are providing for it's Friday night fixtures too.
Top notch kudos to that club.
Edge to Cainy's army but I'm calling tie.

BRING IT ON.

RF

Classic stuff RF, and as always, well worth the read!

Fitting to have the two 'finalists' opinions back-to-back in this thread as well.

~S

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilli vrs PAU has to be the match of the week. I am predicting a high scoring, fog-bowl. Either result will be fine, I hope it will be a good one to watch. These 2 teams have quite different styles, the run and gun - kick and run (perfected by the Williams boys in the 70's) versus a slower, more methodical approach. If I had to guess I think Chilli is gonna take this one by brute force.

As for the other games

GEU to pound SUFC 6-1.
The Lions to beat Whalley 2-0.
Delta and POCO, a scoreless draw.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy's in
Geu to win over SUFC
Lions and Whalley to tie
Poco to beat Delta in a toight one
GN to beat Langley
MOTW PAU vs CHILLY.. PAU has suffered some key losses this week, not just Studsup, and Harry Birdi, but Aves, Lenzi, Kegan, are all doubtful. In any case Big team win for the deep PAU nation :wa:

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU will rough up Sikh
Whalley to end ND's win streak at one
DMU and PoCo will battle to a draw
GN to stun the undefeated Lanlgey boys
MOTW Wack and PAU will slug it out till the end with the home team getting the job done

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU to thump SUFC
Lions to squeek past Whalley
Delta to beat PoCo
Langley - GN to draw

MOTW = PAU to prove it's top of the table perch.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0