Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - October 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So true. A great game with tons of pace. I think.
As Joely said. We went down 2 within the first 15. So it was another game of catch up for PAU. We played poor in the first but dominated most of the second. Just like most of our games. I cant wait to win a game 1 or 2 nil. Langley style.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not being able to see all those Canuck players such as Broockbank,Brent Johnson and Josh Green.Pick it up Skippy.
I took Brookbank in my hockey pool, so f*ck off! :mad: :D

On topic:

The Lions are the real deal. They play with confidence, and their young, fast legs are well suited to the turf game. Simply put, we didn't match their energy, aggression or pace. What saved us IMO was our depth, and their lack of it. We were able to bring in quality fresh legs later in the game, when they started to slow.

A lot more goals being scored this year. I attribute it to the new rule changes. Taking out the red line, and coming down hard on the clutch-and-grab has really opened up game!

:D

~Skip

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier # Team GP W T L PTS
1 Chilliwack Rapids 4 4 0 0 12
2 North Delta Lions 4 3 1 0 10
2 LUFC United 4 3 1 0 10
4 Golden Ear United 4 3 0 1 9
5 Delta Metro United 4 2 0 2 6
6 Peace Arch United 4 1 1 2 5
7 Poco City Dominion 4 1 0 3 3
7 GN Sporting Club 4 1 0 3 3
9 Whalley Storm 4 0 0 4 0
10 Dewdney FC Razorbacks 4 0 0 4 0

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So how come there has been no comments on any of the games from the DFC camp? where are all of the "dewds :confused: " I havent seen Rex this quiet since his Espionage Mission in the woods of Westview at GEU try outs 2 years ago :rolleyes:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats even MORE strange to me is the lack of communication by anyone from the Delta Metro camp. I'm thinking Crafty's put the early gag order on the team.........if he even coaches them anymore.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Whats even MORE strange to me is the lack of communication by anyone from the Delta Metro camp. I'm thinking Crafty's put the early gag order on the team.........if he even coaches them anymore.

No gag order. We are very disappointed with our early performances and there really is fukc all to say except we must do better if we want to compete in this division.

First three games we have been 2-0 down. :confused: :mad:

Fourth game we had them and let them off the hook and walked away with squat. :eek:

Still driving the boat.

Cheers

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
in my opinion dmu looks very good this year and despite the lack of results early on will be near the top of the table come season's end

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Ok, definition of blowing load, [DMU] schooled [Wack] for 35 through fitness and pretty decent ball movement. Up 1-0 and if Becker had passed his horseshoe earlier in the day, 2-0,...

1st goal was on a PK...what looked like an unintentional handball...after a scramble in front of the net. Happens sometimes. It had nothing to do with being "schooled", though both sides played hard throughout.

Also, since when is making excellent saves supposed to be a fluke at this level? Horses had nothing to do with it, I'm thinking. Just something some people like to call "talent".

nuff said.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday 7-Oct-05 GN Sporting vs Delta Metro Mackie Turf 9:00 PM

Friday 7-Oct-05 Poco vs Dewdney FC Gates Turf

Saturday 8-Oct-05 LUFC United vs Chilliwack Rapids MAP Oval

Sunday 9-Oct-05 Whalley Storm vs North Delta Lions AHP Mathews

Sunday 9-Oct-05 Peace Arch United vs Golden Ears United SSA#1

Thoughts on the match-ups this week? Obviously, the Langley/Wack game is a big draw. Don't think Chilliwack's played on the turf in a while. Might be a factor.

~Skip

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
First three games we have been 2-0 down.
Know the feeling well.

Nice to hear from you Crafty, despite your strange choice of football clubs to support. :p

~S

Akipa

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the mediocre site, the links to the standings have been screwed up.

For instance, the Premier link goes to U-16 Bronze, lol.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That'll be a great match. Expect a big show of support from Langley.

Anyone else notice that it feels more like late October than early? Have the PAU boys started in with the GN impersonation kit yet (mittens)?

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN Sporting vs Delta Metro (Delta Metro 3-0)

Poco vs Dewdney FC (1– Nil)
The only real action will come @ ½
(THE MAIN EVENT / The Greco Roman Wrestling Championship) Fighting out of the blue corner in the red one piece spandex, BIG BAG… & the challenger fighting out of the red corner in the black leopard skin Y fronts, REXXXXXXX… (BIG BAG 3-0)

LUFC United vs Chilliwack Rapids (LUFC 3-2)

Whalley Storm vs North Delta Lions (North Delta 2-1)

Peace Arch United vs Golden Ears United (No Prediction)

Look forward to playing Peace Arch this weekend should be a good game, our first real test…

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Have the PAU boys started in with the GN impersonation kit yet (mittens)?

Despite strong persuasion otherwise, there has unfortunately been talk by our few GN impersonators regarding mittens. Oddly enough, this minority group all seem to herald from the ever-popular, and infamous "brat pack" downtown. :D

~Anti-mitten Committee Chairperson

Justsaynotomittens!

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jock said:
GN Sporting vs Delta Metro (Delta Metro 3-0)

Poco vs Dewdney FC (1– Nil)
The only real action will come @ ½
(THE MAIN EVENT / The Greco Roman Wrestling Championship) Fighting out of the blue corner in the red one piece spandex, BIG BAG… & the challenger fighting out of the red corner in the black leopard skin Y fronts, REXXXXXXX… (BIG BAG 3-0)

LUFC United vs Chilliwack Rapids (LUFC 3-2)

Whalley Storm vs North Delta Lions (North Delta 2-1)

Peace Arch United vs Golden Ears United (No Prediction)

Look forward to playing Peace Arch this weekend should be a good game, our first real test…

who's rex? I like to study my opponents in detail jock!

your 1st real test this week?
what was last week, a walk in the park? c'mon!

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bigbag said:
your 1st real test this week?
what was last week, a walk in the park? c'mon!

HMMM more of a stroll in a rose garden. The Parking Lot Player Picker a k a Rex will be your coaching adversary for the weekend.

TheRob said:
What would you call the game you lost? An experiment?

DMU were a good team, we lost because yes we did experiment! I how ever feel Peace Arch will be our first big game. They are the Pak Cup Champions are they not? Also it's away.....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to keep on topic...

Dude's mighty ADD FC finally won it's first game of the year Saturday, exploding (yes, exploding) for 7 goals in a 7-1 win. In a brilliant move, Coach Dude introduced a "Player of the Game" trophy to the little reta...I mean, angels...awarded to the game's hardest working player. The kids responded with easily their best performance of the season. POTG went to the little fat kid, who put away three goals, including the eventual game winner. LFK still owes a round, due the first day he turns 19. By my math, and compound interest, LFK should be buying about 108 for the lads in 13 years.

Liam played well, despite numerous reminders to stop pulling up turf. When asked why he keeps pulling up turf, Liam responded: "I'm catching bugs!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0