Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - October 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Very easy game to report on. Delta blew their load in the first 35, and the Wack got through it. Second half much slower and their experience and will eventually won the game. You can tell they just expect to win. Very good place to be.

Now more importantly goaltending. Becker pulled a couple out of his arse, and the Delta keeper six fyv'ed one in the last couple of minutes. Why he was where he was was baffling. Simply the difference in the end, goaltending is huge at this level.

Thought this post might need some responding to. Sixfyv? :D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know Skip... it really is a thankless job (sniff, sniff).

We had some injury trouble at the back, and we were unsuccessful in winning anything in the air in the second half. I did my best to come out and pick off every ball i could... extending my range past my comfort level. And it worked... for a while. Chilliwack was smart... and started dropping them further and further out.

On "the goal" they dropped a ball from about 45 yards out to approx. 16 yards (LFC2 can give better details, i am sure :rolleyes: ) where we were beat in the air and the ball was flicked over me with a header. I was caught in no-man's land at about 8 yards. I scrambled back and got a hand on it, but not enough to knock it over the bar.

It's funny that LFC2 can only remember that detail about the game, and forgets about the sitter we missed late in the second, and the BRUTAL 2 foot tackle in the box in the first half that was deemed to be clean. Obviously it is hard for a ref to give to penalties in one half, but on a play like that, the whistle needs to be blown.

For the record, no one is more disappointed with the loss than I am. Our young squad played hard all night, and deserved better IMO.

Sep 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The wacks 3rd goal, I have seen better attempts at saving the goal from 5 foot 5 goalies not 6 something. It most bring back memories of last year when you were also chipped. You couldnt even tip the ball over your head let alone over the cross bar, better luck next time. :bronco:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't take it personally, did not even think it was you.

Now if you want details, ball was skyed into the box and yes to be about the 16. Now if it had been stroked and came toward the box on a line I can understand why said goalie may have made a judgement and come for it, but this was a balloon into the box. Just my opinion, but I would want my keeper closer to his line at this point and not outside his 6. Keeper's are a funny lot, maybe you will be still be thinking about it when we put a balloon into your box in the weeks to come. It's all head games, or piss taking. All one and the same.

Ok, definition of blowing load, you schooled them for 35 through fitness and pretty decent ball movement. Up 1-0 and if Becker had passed his horseshoe earlier in the day, 2-0 , and if the referee had the nuts to call 2 PK's, which looked like it was, perhaps 3-0. You never broke their spirit or buried them when you had a chance. Then you died. Found it interesting that your big boy who ran up front with said brilliant goal guy got pulled at the half. Those two were working very well with each other. Definately changed your attack in the 2nd.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright, well......Sixfyv, definitely feeling the heat, and taking it like a man. Let's start to look at other possible scape-goats, shall we?

Found it interesting that your big boy who ran up front with said brilliant goal guy got pulled at the half. Those two were working very well with each other. Definately changed your attack in the 2nd.
Crafty,

Have you got anything to say about this obvious coaching blunder? :D

~Stir

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Results and Banter thread.......

not

CAT Carpool thread.

evenasinterestedasweare :rolleyes:

BSLU

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 3 Whalley 1
Whalley up one early in the match, then reality set in. Whalley's keep played very well, and made the score look respectable. Langley goals on a corner kick, penalty kick(by moi) an a lil scramble in front of their net. Whalley looked alright in the first 30 mins of the match, and then they just started to bitch at each other and the ref. Ended up losing a player bout 80 mins in the match after two ugly late tackles. Ref sucked both ways, but nothing you can do about it. Langley still undefeated, onto the WACK next week! Good luck to all!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SixFyv,

Time to hang them up. We have an opening on the Div. 2 LUFC Castaways for a back-up. Call Utah.

Roll on Langley. Another 8 games or so, and that will be two years of undefeated league play.

Softhead

Jul 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
October discussions here please.

Reference to Sept. banter here:

http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/showthread.php?p=173420#post173420

Fukc, I'm sure looking forward to playing at 9:00pm on a Saturday night! Especially since Sage and I had to give up our Canuck tickets to be there. Good times. :rolleyes:

~Skip
Way to show your commitment to your team son.Giving up exhibition tickets is a huge sacrifice.Not being able to see all those Canuck players such as Broockbank,Brent Johnson and Josh Green.It's very apparant there is a certain individual in Brett Jeffrey holding your side together son.Pick it up Skippy.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions 3-3 Peace Arch

We were up 3-1 with 15 to go, so we are obviously not happy with the result, but they kept coming at us, and capatalized on some miscommunication on our backline.

Neil Martyn with 2 in the first 15 min. 2-0
Cooper with a well struck ball at the start of the second half. 2-1
Scott Gaull witha cracker that the keeper either 'could' only watch or just decided to watch into his net with 15 left. 3-1
PA come down and score a minute or two later (not sure who notched it). 3-2
Cross played into our box, keeper comes to play it, fully stretched, with ball in hand, one of our d-men hits his back, ball goes lose, Billy Jackson lays it in with 5 min left. 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0