Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter October 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enrique

Dec 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
any comments on the POCO vs Delta game ..... heard it was 4 - begal ?

ACBC and GEU play tonight, should be a good battle ,.....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the matter didn't you, Dude and the rest of your team have a car you could stuff yourselves in on Saturday?

We were there in spirit KNVB. You know we're your best critics. We hate to miss a good show.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h15xIoVwWw]YouTube - The Last Laugh For Tonight[/ame]

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
peace arch loses and everyone's on about reffing, cards and dangerous play...
congratulations on the win langley

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 comments on the dodgy refs in Langley, but were still missing half the weekends scores.... any help out there?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It wasn't poor officiating that day per say, we can all bang on about what is and isn't a foul until we're blue. That's why the game has ref's and it has players. We (I) just feel it was bad precedence set in regard to protecting a goal keeper in obviously a very vulnerable position, which happened to be on the ground with the ball in or very close to his arms. It's not as if they clattered each other going for a cross.

"The Langley Player" took a shot at it and missed. Whether he meant to do is not the issue (I know he didn't) but the fact is, it was a very dangerous play and it warranted a red card. This has nothing to do with the game or score line or that we thought we could come back either. I wouldn't even care if I was involved in the game. You can't have people sticking their boots into the grills of anyone. The upsetting bit was the officiating crew had 15 minutes while we waited for an ambulance, to discuss it and could only come up with what they did.

I know everyone playing the game would see it that way especially if it was their GK's nose and eye splattered all over the shop. Langley of course were all class about it and only wanted to help.

I have no idea what Guinness is on about.... as usual.

Hall3

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 5
Delta Metro 2

This was a club win today with us calling up players from all three feeder teams. Little D with a cracker to open the scoring in the first half. Sean and Wes scored early in the second with Delta getting 2 quick ones to make it interesting. I guess we fell asleep for five minutes. Sean and Corky put it out of reach once we got our composure back. Special thanks to all of our call ups today, they made the difference with us missing 5 starters.

Sorry to hear about the peace arch goalie. Chatted with him the last time out. Hope he has a quick recovery.

Hall3

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I talked to a few masters teams recently and they have bbq's after each came and invite the visiting teams in for the meal at the home team's expense. Should we be trying something like this in the premier league. Chilli does something similar with Dukes after their home games. We tried to have a bbq a couple of times but the away teams didn't join in. Anyone else have an opinion on the subject.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geu 1 acbc 1, good job boys

tough game tonight thats for sure. GEU had lots of momentum early but we couldn't capitalize on our chances, ACBC pressured hard on the counter attack and slotted a breakaway. Holy fcuk can those boys run. We couldn't muster much in the second half and they were all over us, our right mid had a beauty shot but the ACBC keeps made an unreal save to keep it 1-bagel but we tied it up with about 5 to go on a beauty finish by huggy. Apart from the shocking jerseys ACBC is a very good team, fast, great first touch and moves the ball around very well. not very physicall but with the game they play they don't need to be. They got a little mouthy near the end costing them a few yellows and a red after the final whistle. Ghouse whats with #3 in the middle, ive never seen a guy whine or dive like that ever in all my years, he is something else, how do you deal with him week in week out:confused: Overall ACBC is a good team and deserve the results they got so far and the spot they earned in premier. Good luck the rest of the way. Cascade

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing against geu they kept running at us all game. But did we hand you that goal or what. What a gift. Some good plays both ways. Our # 3 rolled around cause guys kept clipping him. Ya he hangs on alittle long and that's why he gets clipped. So be it. Mabee he will learn to let go before his leg gets broke.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our # 3 rolled around cause guys kept clipping him. QUOTE]

i think thats the whole point, he got clipped and rolled arround its not like any one clattered him they clipped him and thats also why the ref started ignoring him but i better not get you started on the ref had i rich ;)

barnsey

Sep 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wanted to fire a quick post wishing the PAU goalie the best in recovering. I took a knock from him when we played Peace Arch a couple weeks back and he was a class act (as I limped to the sidelines :( )... good, young player and sounds like a trooper. Never want to see anyone get hurt - especially to a point they need plastic surgery!?! cheers...

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing against geu they kept running at us all game. But did we hand you that goal or what. What a gift.

I may be out of line on this, but I thought it was a pretty classy top corner finish Huggy slotted from the top of the 18. Maybe a poor give away but it was well struck...

I think both clubs would agree that it could have been 4-4 just as easy as 1-1.

no finish

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
not much else to say about the game with langley its all been covered. watched geu and acbc battle fun game to watch could of went either way. huggy with a majic goal to tie it up late. both keepers made some key saves to keep it exciting. goodluck to everyone next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0