Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse, if I hear right it has nothing to do with your N/A's or how you fill out your rediculas hockey team sheet... did you or did you not have more than your allowable names on your permit sheets? 7 is the max, I hear you had 12 on one and 8 on another.

Hearsay, Rumours, Speculation... Oh My.

For a league in a transitional period by doing things half arsed to one trying to be more professional and better run probably should have instructed the ref's - no FVSL ID card on game day….No soup for you right from the very start. Full stop. We got screwed because we didn't know the rules which is compounded by the fact it would have been so easy for us to just walk over to the next change room and get our GK’s card knowing full well he was playing.

Should league common sense been applied here? Hell yes. To my dismay I agree with Dude. Minor infractions like paper work errors should have warnings or fines associated (or both) but before we so quickly affect (possibly) a season out come for easily avoidable managerial c0ck ups is not on. That goes for div 6, where Dude belongs to Premier.

Ya like im going to have 8-12 div 2 callups,,This is exsactly my point,,yes their names were on there but a bold clear N/A was beside the names of the players not playing ,easy enough for the Ref to understand,,but they are obviously smarter than the Executive. And again ive done this for 5 years without a problem and 7 games this year till they said something and YES it is thier job to tell me if Im doing the paperwork wrong,,How the fukc else am i supposed to know.

Feb 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
guys just so you know. I was told all decitions are final and if you want to dispute it. It's $500 bucks payable to BC soccer and they(when they feel like it) will set up a hearing. I called A friend at BC soccer today to inquire and his exsact words were. "save your money and don't waist your time". He also said if you don't like your leagues executives decitions. Vote them out.!

ghouse -you should get back the $1000 you put up in sponsorship for the cup and spend it on an appeal.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey regs when was the last time you got 146 replys and over 3,240 views by day 5 of a month ???:D

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got off the phone with PAU's master Manager. Hate to drag the refs into this, as I have the utmost respect for the hard work they do. And really I am not blaming the refs, but more the Admin. Every Pro league Commissioner hands down directives to officials all the time and apparently our refs didn't get one. The above manager asked a very senior prem ref in the system who happened to be working the line the day of the Chilli game if he wanted him to go home and grab Craig Edwards FVSL ID card as he just lived three mins from SSA. The Official declined and said it was not necessary. Ah fcuk it, take the four points...we cheated.:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the league needs to send out a Memo to the coaches and refs explaining who's job it is to do what, and instructions for that person as to how they require papers etc to be done.
Someone other than the executives need to know how to do this stuff.

51 points taken away from teams this year is embarassing as a league. There is obviously a wide spread misunderstanding of the correct way to do this stuff.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I say make a mistake on paper work and your banned from the division and relegated the following year.

Feb 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got off the phone with PAU's master Manager. Hate to drag the refs into this, as I have the utmost respect for the hard work they do. And really I am not blaming the refs, but more the Admin. Every Pro league Commissioner hands down directives to officials all the time and apparently our refs didn't get one. The above manager asked a very senior prem ref in the system who happened to be working the line the day of the Chilli game if he wanted him to go home and grab Craig Edwards FVSL ID card as he just lived three mins from SSA. The Official declined and said it was not necessary. Ah fcuk it, take the four points...we cheated.:rolleyes:

It just gets worse. So we effectively offered the officials Craig's FVSL ID on the day? And then we are docked 4 points for not presenting it?

51 points deducted. Wow. What a joke this league has become.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been thinking about ACBC's position, How do they lose just six points?? Shouldn't it be The points from Both games (not sure how many, wether they won or lost those) Plus the 3 points penalty from each game. Could be a total loss of 12 points. GHOUSE did you lose both games in question?? This would leave you with 2 points and in Ninth spot.... ?????????

Feb 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC and Chilli must have lost the games in which they have been docked points. Like you says Studs, it would have been really ugly for ACBC had those been games they had won.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been thinking about ACBC's position, How do they lose just six points?? Shouldn't it be The points from Both games (not sure how many, wether they won or lost those) Plus the 3 points penalty from each game. Could be a total loss of 12 points. GHOUSE did you lose both games in question?? This would leave you with 2 points and in Ninth spot.... ?????????
According to Ghouse, he's done the same thing for all the games, so if the league thinks that he did something wrong then theoretically all the results should be overturned,,,no?:confused::confused:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shedding some light

posted by: GHouse
Actually its $500 and I havent paid it yet and Im thinking just that
Actually, it was $1000! I was at that meeting and specifically said you'd match the $500 in prise money to give the winner $1000 aaand put up the $500 for the teams entry fees! Thanks :)

On this topic of the witch hunt.

It is pretty clear the president of the league does not determine the outcome of these issues in question. Why would he really want to win the league this way? I'm not buying it and don't like the fact everyone is pointing the finger directly at him. He has done many good things for this league in a short time and must know to stay away from decisions involving poco. However, the group of board members have the ability to resolve the conflicts that arise and ultamitely decide how to dish out the punishment for infractions to the constitution. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and common sense will eventually win in our situation.

Peace Arch Soccer Club has a growing reputation in the community and has represented the FVSL admirably (making the BC semi finals twice in 5 years). We have never been deducted points or been penalized for not abiding by league rules. The one thing we were guilty of is misinturpriting the "FVSL ID rule". Hopefully we will be awarded a hearing within the league to plead our case and do not need to go to BC soccer? This is a definate black eye for the league and I'd assume no one wants to win the league this way.

As for our guys having a go on TTP, I know they are just gutted because of all the hard work they have done. Unfortunately, all of this would have been avoided had an opposing player not put his studs through the face of our young keeper and not get punished for it. Right or not we feel very short changed by the league right now.

Peace what?

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC and Chilli must have lost the games in which they have been docked points. Like you says Studs, it would have been really ugly for ACBC had those been games they had won.

Ghouse, which games did you have the "illegal Players" on the team sheet and what were the results???

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Shedding some light

Actually, it was $1000! I was at that meeting and specifically said you'd match the $500 in prise money to give the winner $1000 aaand put up the $500 for the teams entry fees! Thanks :)

On this topic of the witch hunt.

It is pretty clear the president of the league does not determine the outcome of these issues in question. Why would he really want to win the league this way? I'm not buying it and don't like the fact everyone is pointing the finger directly at him. He has done many good things for this league in a short time and must know to stay away from decisions involving poco. However, the group of board members have the ability to resolve the conflicts that arise and ultamitely decide how to dish out the punishment for infractions to the constitution. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and common sense will eventually win in our situation.

Peace Arch Soccer Club has a growing reputation in the community and has represented the FVSL admirably (making the BC semi finals twice in 5 years). We have never been deducted points or been penalized for not abiding by league rules. The one thing we were guilty of is misinturpriting the "FVSL ID rule". Hopefully we will be awarded a hearing within the league to plead our case and do not need to go to BC soccer? This is a definate black eye for the league and I'd assume no one wants to win the league this way.

As for our guys having a go on TTP, I know they are just gutted because of all the hard work they have done. Unfortunately, all of this would have been avoided had an opposing player not put his studs through the face of our young keeper and not get punished for it. Right or not we feel very short changed by the league right now.

Peace what?

this is the second post of guinesses that i almost totally agree with and its creeping me out ..... i was happier when you just slagged me and my guys off ..... please get well soon short arse

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
it was $50 bucks a team $500. If I put more in,, it would be more than Soccer Express and we would have to change the name to the Ghouse Cup. LOL
I'm really not sure which games they were as I didn't make notes or keep copies. I just handed all info In at gametimes. Again I've been doing this the entire time ACBC has been in the league. There is NO place that shows you what is right or what is the wrong way to fill out the gamesheets so how can you punish teams for filling it out wrong. It's stupid and nothing will change so I'm kinds sick of talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0