Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - March 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Mo... whats the matter??? PAU got no pull at the roxy??? saw your sorry lot walk away from the lineup and 2 mins later, me and 7 mates strolled in.

thought you guys were regulars??? :rolleyes: :D :wa: :bronco: :knvb:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip... since the game was called due to inclement conditions... and NOT due to a timer issue with the lights... i am confident the game will be replayed in its entirety. You can't blame God... but you can blame the city, you see.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Langley!

Congratulations to LFC2 and all the Langley boys, League Champions!

An unreal season boys. Everyone else faultered here and there, but your lot remained focussed and strong the entire season. A true indicator of a Championship team. Well done.

~Skip

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
You can't blame God... but you can blame the city, you see.

Fair enough I guess. I'm still curious to know about 3rd apparently being sewn up though. Crafty?? Is there some tie-breaker that has come into play that I am not aware of???

Burkee&nonis,

Cheers for picking up the kit bag. Those damn rookies!.....so stupid, and forgetfull!! :(

P.S. What do you drink? I owe you a bottle.

~Skip

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think the league title can officially be Langley's with-out Utah fist fcuking something small and rodent like first. Cainy, are you free? Sincerest congratulations to LFC2, Teddy, Nukes, Memyselfandi...errr Dude and the rest of the LFC clan. A title I'd have to say is well earned and certainly didn't come from a lack of effort. Well deserved.

So this begs the question... if they lose now does it matter?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley United FC - Champs

KNVB: You fcuking kill me sometimes. :D

burkee&nonis said:
I picked a bag up just before we left.

Good thing Skip came on first - I was about question why you would make public the Rangers fund raising 'cafe' at Newton.

Well done Langley on an unquestionably consistent year.
If they doubted you before the Pak Cup win, they ain't doubting you now boys.

You're still going down next weekend though. ;)

RF

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip....

Great question about the Delta/Poco game. However, I wouldn't invest any more time in figuring out what the league will do as Delta will WIN that game hands down. With the amount of protests they have up their sleeve they've all but won the BC Championships!!

I'm actually surprised that TTP is still in existance. I thought by now someone from Delta would have protested this website for all the banter on their protesting skills.

Delta, all the power to ya'. Most teams train twice a week in the snow, rain or sleet just to have a chance to win come Sunday. Rumor is you guys spend half your time reading case studies on previous events looking for the loop hole out of a loss. Interested to see what protest you will use after next weeks loss to PAU...eeerrr....I mean "win".

GO DELTA....you're my favorite team. BTW, I would like to congradulate you in advance, on your Championship rings for 2005.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Langley United FC - Champs

Rangerforever said:
Good thing Skip came on first - I was about question why you would make public the Rangers fund raising 'cafe' at Newton.

Bastage! :D

Seriously though, I'm quite sure some ratty 'ol PAU kit wouldn't fetch much in the auction.

KNVB,

A good question indeed with regards to Langley and how they choose to proceed with their final league games. Do they continue playing their 'A' squad, in an attempt to complete the league schedule undefeated ? (A feat not equalled since the Surrey United dynasty years I believe), or do they sit players in card trouble, and save them for the Pak Cup games? A tough decision, and and yet and enviable position to even have the luxury of making the decision at all. LFC2???

~Skip

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, pretty easy decision, given the timing of the games. Our next game is Pak, so we will throw everything we can at that, if successful, it will be the semis the following weekend. If we get through that and play a league game before the Final, then I think obviously we would not risk anyone on 2 yellows. But, there is a ton of pride in this group, and we will do what we can to finish the season without a loss no matter who is available. Evident last night with very much a makeshift line-up.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
KU... your material is getting old and tired... kinda like you game.
We protest ONE game in the history of our team, and you cant let go of it. See you next week.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
your material is getting old and tired... kinda like you game.
See you next week.

Thanks for the 'inspiration'. We'll be sure to quote your every word in the dressingroom prior to the big match next weekend, much like Crafty claims to do with mine. :rolleyes:

Noaddedinspirationrequired

~S

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Our next game is Pak, so we will throw everything we can at that,

No, no, no, no, no.
Go undefeated baby, more prestige in that.
You've already won the Pak man.
No glory whatsoever in winning that thing two years in a row.

LFC2 said:
(A feat not equalled since the Surrey United dynasty years I believe),

Ah for Christ's sakes.

Here comes Cainy....

:D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
That sews up third spot for us regardless

Crafty,

You still haven't responded to my inquiry mate. I'm wondering how you could make such a statement, given what's written in the FVSL Constitution regarding tiebreaks:

The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

(i) record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(ii) goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(iii) a playoff between the team or teams.

Unless I've had too many Bods tonight, this would mean PAU have got you on tie-breaker (ii): PAU +1 / Delta -1

You need a draw against Poco at the very least to "sew" up third spot.....or maybe you've already pencilled in the win. Tough to say whether Poco will choose to show up for this match, seeing as how it has no meaning for them, BUT it might be a bit presumptuous to assume they'll gift you the points......much more voice it in a public forum such as this.

I await your response with much anticipation.

~Skip

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So a big relegation battle to come between the Lions and SUFC. So who deserves to stay up? Which side has the most potential to do something with the premier spot?
My vote is for the Lions. SUFC just too disorganized from the outside and I am not sure they really care.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 - First off congrats to the Langley boys on winning the division. Quite a feat to go through this many games without a loss.

As for us.....are we disorganized ? No, there are other factors that hinder us and one of them has been our player's commitment level. We as a club have made some mistakes and those have cost us dearly. Our club needs an overhaul for the upcoming season, and if we retain the premier spot you will see just that. We have a good group of young player in u-21 who are headed to the provincials and if those guys want it bad enough, they could be our nucleus for years to come. Do we care as a club, you damn right we do.....no question about that, and it pisses us off every time we lose. :mad:

Yes the game this weekend is huge and with us getting some our suspended players back we will feild a solid lineup. However we think we may have lost our keeps for the year in the game against PAU on sat night. might have tore something in the knee.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Fc - 2004/2005 League Champs

Sincere congratulations to all concerned with the club. Great achievement for a club that had a struggling Premier side only two seasons ago and now have a League title to add to last years Pakenham Cup victory.

Great job lads.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0