Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - March 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
League standings as of March 1

1 LUFC United 15 - 37

and the rest, not that it matters...

2 Chilliwack Rapids 15 - 29
3 DMU United 16 - 28
4 Peace Arch United 17 - 28
5 GEU Ultra 17 - 26
6 PoCo City Dominion 16 - 24
7 GN Sporting Club 17 - 21
8 Whalley Storm 15 - 18
9 North Delta Lions 16 - 8
10 Sikh United Red Devils 16 - 8

March... go

PS. Feb stuff here: http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/showthread.php?p=151334&posted=1#post151334

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
but I could name 3-4 back lines I would consider stronger as a group. POCO when they are on are very tough to break down, the Lions for a last place club are very stingy.

As the back-up keeper for the lions I can say that despite some of the injuries that have riddled the backline, The defence always to play well. Now only if someone could put the ball in the net...anyway in the game against Chilliwhack a couple of weeks back, the defense really shut down the chilli forwards quite well, keeping everything to the outside and making some huge blocks.

Turns out Joely the goalie hurt his knee on sunday, wasn't at practice on monday and I am wondering if I will get the call again against langley on Saturday in a huge game for the lions. Last time, i shut-out langley for 90 minutes...too bad they scored twice in injury time for the 2-1 win. But that is what we call the luck of the LIONS.

memyselfandi

Sep 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meaningless - I don't think so. Langley can officially clinch the league with a win on Saturday. Don't be thinking we will be taking it easy in this one. The only distraction will be Chuck's engaging stories about the first trimester. Can't shut up the proud Papa to be.

B

BADCALL

Champlain's Keeper said:
Whalley 2-1 Poco

We were missing three starters (two due to cards) and it was a good even game but we wanted it more in the end. POCO scored in the last minute of the first half from a delflection from a corner. We tied it up 15 in from an amazing crack by Valcamp from 18 yards out top corner. We got the winner off a with 15 minutes left......Poco looked a little tired tonight.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow... i guess our two ties against whalley this season arent as bad as we thought...

Big Ern

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wack 4 - GN 2

Chilliwack up 2-0 at half, 4-0 at the 70min mark, before GN got 2 in the last 15. The result was not really in question that late in the game, but I was very impressed with GN's persistance to get back into a meaningless game. The old GN would have packed the tent at halftime. Great see them fight til the end!
The Wack is starting to find the net again and having some fun doing so.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Impressive Whalley.

3rd place still up for grabs, especially if Delta craps the bed today.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes well done Whalley.
Osame, what was your take? No late night posts?

Come on man, that stuffs gold baby!

Skip how can you boys qualify for the B C 's. Do you need to make the Pak cup final?

One more week til the young boys "Shock the World" ! :D (Newton Sat 2:15)

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Impressive Whalley.

3rd place still up for grabs, especially if Delta craps the bed today.

Thank you Skip for those kind words.. I'll be sure to pass on your best wishes to our boys prior to kick off.

All the very best of luck in your game to.. ;)

Cheers

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, and a pleasant good afternoon to you as well Crafty.

I'm sure you're inspiring the boys in the dressingroom as we speak, quoting my 'powerfull' sentiments. :rolleyes:

Coach,

There is still a chance that 3rd in league will gain a berth, but that would only occurr if Langley were to make it to the final of the Pak Cup. So, for obvious reasons, 3rd is still an appealing spot.

Let me say this: If we don't get 3 points tonight vs the Sikhs, I'm a HUGE Rangers fan! ;)

~Skip

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Accurately described 6'5".
It would have been nice to field our usual team. Missed 6 usual starters, but our under 21's and CAT filled in for us great today. Unlucky game for our under 21 keeper. Tough goal on his first 5 minutes in.

Not sure if Delta even fielded their usual team either but it was great to see the finally got rid of that lame as keeper they had.
Sitting on the sidelines where he belongs.

Broken Toe Yoda

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair result at the end of the day considering neither team was playing at full stength. I'm sure if we meet in the Cup, things will be different. Good to see some of the lads at GEU again and I sincerely hope things work out for you guys next season, I really do.

That sews up third spot for us regardless, and we shall see if that is good enough to see us through to a provincial berth.

My apologies to Skip for not shitting the bed ;)

Cheers

hosebag

Nov 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty, PAU won tonight so dont you guys have to win one game before you clinch third spot? Still one more chance to crap the bed?

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
That sews up third spot for us regardless

FVSL Premier - GP W T L GF GA Pts.
DMU United 17 9 4 4 39 27 31
Peace Arch United 18 10 1 7 44 29 31

Please enlighten me as to how you have already sewn up 3rd place. We are tied in points. PAU have the better head-to-head goal differential (game #1: PAU 3 - Delta 1, game #2: Delta 3 - PAU 2). PAU have the better league goal differential (PAU +15 / Delta +12). As I see it, you need a point against Poco to secure 3rd place, and that game was called with Poco up 1-0 as I recall. Have I missed something? .......and, will the league maintain consistency and have the 2nd half played, with the score the same, just as they did with the Delta CAT/Highlanders fiasco?

~Skip

P.S. Did anyone pick up a lost kit bag at Newton tonight. If so, I think I know who the owner is. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0