Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier - Results & Banter 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They no showed in their makeup game vs temple today.

How can a club that has the draw of so many people be so brutal on the open men's side. I have a real hard time understanding how Coastal have a "premier" team and a division 3 team in the open men's only.

There are more master's teams in the club than there are open!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No active pipeline.

Unless you have a manager that has a vested interest in bringing along the youth, and a built in system whereby the pyramid is implemented and followed, this is bound to happen in the club system.

This isn't a criticism on Coastal...everyone just got older. Football becomes less of a priority...who has the time / motivation to stay in Premier when you have careers to attend to, or businesses to run, and / or a family that demands your time? I have no idea what is going on there, but am I surprised? No. Pretty much all clubs around here go through something like this. Knowing the history of Langley a bit, this was on the verge of happening when Rob Keam finally took over the managing duties of the Premier squad, and even then, it took a solid succession plan / implementation of having Mike Wagner continue to be involved. I believe- and many would agree- that without Mike helping out Rob, LUFC Premier would have collapsed about 4 years ago. Rob brought with him the coaching and pipeline of good & loyal youth players he’d had in Metro. Mike kept some of the capable hold-overs like Patty & Nukes on board, and through that timeframe, they have been able to transition from the old guard to the new while winning a couple of more championships. Rob and Mike really complimented each other well. You can also hypothesise (though you'd need to talk w/ him) that Rob had some motivation to be involved, considering two of his sons play for the squad.

But…it was tenuous, and the whole house of cards could have and likely would have collapsed had key parties not been able to work together.

It’s not always that way.

At some point, some of the younger guys involved in Coastal will take the bull by the horns and build it up again. It's the life cycle of amature football in BC.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coastal's open collapse wasn't Coastal's fault

Our Nomads D2 side basically ran it's course with some guys too good/young to stay playing in that side and more guys too old/slow to stay, we moved the guys on (to the club's D1 and prem teams) and tried to make it a go with guys other than @housearrest & I running it, bad choice in guys/guys not taking care of team and being "part of the club" = team falling apart.

At the same time the D1 team was promoted and their manager got into a power struggle with the Club Powers, moved to Temple out of Cloverdale and thus you were down your D1 and D2 team and about 35 players essentially in 1.5 seasons Pipeline = Bust as per Dude.

Also that D1 team had worked with the Coastal U-21 side. As of right now the only side seeming to be okay outside of Masters at Coastal is the U21 side.

A D2 and D1 mutiny in which there was no (or little) blood on club leadership's hands is essentially bad luck, not bad management so I feel bad for Mike Evans and co with the open teams at Coastal.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, you're pretty much spot on. North Delta went through it, a team on the bridge of collapse and a 5 year rebuild/regeneration when a whole team was a few years from moving up to Masters. Honestly from an outsiders perspective we all saw this coming, PAU had a heck of a group/team for many years. In that final 3-4 years they chose to be a little selfish and bring in 30+ year olds and went for a few more last trophies when they could have given those minutes to young players and rebuilt.

Can't say I don't understand it, of course in your 30's you would rather have your last few years in premier being successful instead of maybe more of a mentorship. However when you see this coming maybe the viable option was essentially handing the control over to the up and coming group and having one of the old guard be the Mike Wagner role. Don't know all the in's and out's but sad for the league really.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nd 3 - 1 westcoast

Delta are a top side. Very well organized from back to the front. I only recognized 4 or 5 guys from last year, or at least that's how it felt. And I wouldn't be surprised if they lift a trophy this year.

The game itself was imo a pretty decent one. I don't think we played badly, and could quite easily of gotten something from the game. It probably wouldn't of been deserved realistically, but still we had chances that could of gone in but that's football.

Not sure who #15 was on there team but he is some player, absolutely bossed the game scoring all 3 of theirs. The first being an unreal 30 yard half volley of a clearance that went bar down top corner.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND 3-1 Westcoast,

MB10, #15 is 18 years old and a very good player and only going to get better. His first goal was world class and as you said completely bossed the game. We have a few new pick-ups but the reason we looked so different is we were missing about 7 guys.
5 of our players ranged from div 3-div.1. They all stepped in and played great and didn't look below the level.

Huge win for us obviously as we've struggled to get something out of the west coast games over the last few years. Your goal was 5+ yards offside but the Lino unfortunately just got caught out of position and didn't see it, it happens. Ref was really good last night, for me the swearing policy just looked Mickey Mouse as that's the first time I've seen a ref really implementing it but he's doing as he's told.

matkinson

Nov 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coastal's open collapse wasn't Coastal's fault

Our Nomads D2 side basically ran it's course with some guys too good/young to stay playing in that side and more guys too old/slow to stay, we moved the guys on (to the club's D1 and prem teams) and tried to make it a go with guys other than @housearrest & I running it, bad choice in guys/guys not taking care of team and being "part of the club" = team falling apart.

At the same time the D1 team was promoted and their manager got into a power struggle with the Club Powers, moved to Temple out of Cloverdale and thus you were down your D1 and D2 team and about 35 players essentially in 1.5 seasons Pipeline = Bust as per Dude.

Also that D1 team had worked with the Coastal U-21 side. As of right now the only side seeming to be okay outside of Masters at Coastal is the U21 side.

A D2 and D1 mutiny in which there was no (or little) blood on club leadership's hands is essentially bad luck, not bad management so I feel bad for Mike Evans and co with the open teams at Coastal.

Not sure how anything that happened can be construed as bad luck, and that selfish "it's not our fault" attitude likely has a lot to do with the "collapse" of the open men's side of Coastal. I feel sorry for Mike Evans too as he got put right into the middle of a shitty situation and it's going to take years to build back out of it. On the bright side Coastal Prem is finally being forced to acknowledge that it's part of a club, and will have to develop young players and work with the other team's in their club (what's left of them atleast) to bring themselves back to the level they once were at.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or even if scores were updated through the weekend with goal scorers like they had a couple years ago. You can check Friday Saturday and Sunday night for VMSL scores same day.

Valley had it great when they would have premier scores and scorers on the home page over the weekend. What happened?

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
They do well updating the standings almost nightly but can't update even a golden boot page at all or even do reports on prem games or scorers like you said a few years ago....I'm dissapoint.

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
i agree.
they are trying to hold the league to a higher standard but can't even do basic stuff like this. i guess no swearing has taken priority...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys do know that the league administrator hasn't been able to do the job since the start of the season, no?

I heard something about being suspended by BC Soccer from all activities.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys do know that the league administrator hasn't been able to do the job since the start of the season, no?

I think that suspension ends very soon , end of August to end of oct not sure the exact date though.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
i agree.
they are trying to hold the league to a higher standard but can't even do basic stuff like this. i guess no swearing has taken priority...
And all umbro everything :rolleyes: if only Soccercity had a better agreement with Adidas Canada then we'd get the best game balls and not ONE person would complain and referees wouldn't be stuck with those hideous umbro kits ...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Was that for misbehaving at Nations Cup, or another incident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0