Premier FVSL Premier 2019/20

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both. It’s a step up from College to Prem, even FVSL Prem. Some schools like UBC and SFU, possibly UVic Maybe could step in and finish top half but uni kids always need grooming.

Fat.Ronaldo7

Est
Jun 26, 2020
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both. It’s a step up from College to Prem, even FVSL Prem. Some schools like UBC and SFU, possibly UVic Maybe could step in and finish top half but uni kids always need grooming.
VMSL sure, think you are severely overestimating the quality of the FVSL Prem, and also underestimating 3/4/5th year players on those uni squads who would easily deal with 28 year olds who train once a week and are on the piss 2-3 times a week.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m 15 years removed now and back then most college teams at Varcity level would not compete. Most reserve squads would be in tough in 1st. I’ll let current players comment.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Est
Jul 23, 2001
Reaction score
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I remember the first year Trinity played in the FVSL; their reserves and some guys on Varcity (after the season was over- their better players ended up either at Langley or elsewhere). I think they were unspectacular in 2nd division. Wasn’t that long ago. It’s not like USports has improved in the last 10 years, if anything its more wattered down in the West now.

The FVSL- it is arguably weaker at Premier than it was 10 years ago. It’s really only a five team division right now. That being said the league has also performed better at Provincials in the same time frame so really, all else being equal....a reserve team definitely would not survive and I’d be surprised if any Uni squad not named SFU, Trinity, or UBC were to finish better than top 4. That’s my honest opinion. Worth about as much as Bulljive’s Mom’s sandwich but there you go.

Members online

No members online now.