Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2016/2017 - Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc4

Sep 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two good reads. @bulljive, appreciate you thinking of me. One word: homonyms, and try not to abuse them too badly. Their ≠ there. Sort that shite out, and you will be well on your way to a successful career in writing.
If you were teaching English, would you not send that back for editing? Thankfully he has his soccer career to fall back on.

langley played saturday we scored 7 highlight were the beers no flips to report

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you were teaching English, would you not send that back for editing? Thankfully he has his soccer career to fall back on.

langley played saturday we scored 7 highlight were the beers no flips to report

I'd have graded him a C, actually. Not bad. Not great, but I appreciate the effort.

There was once a time that bulljive would awkwardly trip over his poor punctuation, spelling, and of course, homonyms (then he'd get all angry about the implication that he was not a new age man, then we'd have to explain homonym-ism, and he'd get all defensive...repeat, recycle...), but these days, I will say his posts are quite readable, and informative.

Can't say the same for you, you have regressed into the acceptance of "text" writing. Capitals. Punctuation. Clarification. Please get to know these, they are your friends in writing, and frankly, I expect much better.

Also, it's not lost on me that I've been reduced to "grammar" piss-taking here, in arguably the worst thread on TTP- but I feel it is necessary. What truly is sad is that the single best piss-take in these treads was BigBag's adding me to the long term suspended list. We are now in a spot where we need to break this thing down to basics, get back to 2001 levels, where grammar piss-takes were the norm, because, well, we weren't very good, and there were a lot of Italians on TTP. If this thread is a total rebuild, we have to start from the beginning.

BTW, @utah, don't think I missed you bag-of-dicking me last page. It's you who is the Bag of Dicks, you Bag of Dicks. Fcuk off, I hate you, lose my number, Bag of Dicks.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude I will never sort out their and there. I've stopped caring. For some reason despite looking it up maybe 50times, the moment I start writing my brain just chooses either one for any circumstance. However now becuase of your criticism I will go back in my shell and hide. Their...there you happy. Thomas is right you are a jerk.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I sense some purposeful grammar abuse, there. See what I did? There? (rolleye emoticom)

It's when people stop caring about their written word when men like Donald Trump are elected to office.

In short, your fault. And Wagner's. His fault, too.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly I think it's just as sad that people actually feel Hilary winning would have been ok. Bill Clinton is just like Trump but wrapped up in a politician. I truely believe Hilary and Bill are just as bad of human beings as Trump, maybe worse. They are just wrapped in a politically correct bow. Yes the fact that a lot of racists are the reason he was voted in is a reality check on the depth of hate in the States. However I believe Donald will do a good job as he will want to be remembered for such. No I'm not a republican.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'll see. The people have voted. Yes Hillary is a snake in the grass. The Donald a less well concealed snake. Really wish the process would allow good politicians to make it through the leadership race.

KNVB made it through the FVSL election process, so I digress.

Countdown to me landing back on the long term suspended list in 3, 2, 1...

Last edited:

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
guys... since the FVSL Premier is kind of VMSL Division 1 and Campo is currently in top of Division 1, would you not love to have SoccerCoach in the FVSL?
I actually was offered the opportunity to coach a team in the FVSL, and move the team on the way to up to Premier. Maybe I should consider it. Or perhaps we could move Campo to Premier FVSL.
Would you not love it?
In fact, I do offer a challenge to a FVSL Premier team to play with Campo. We could have an exhibition game and have the matters settle to see how far behind is the FVSL compared to the VMSL.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
guys... since the FVSL Premier is kind of VMSL Division 1 and Campo is currently in top of Division 1, would you not love to have SoccerCoach in the FVSL?
I actually was offered the opportunity to coach a team in the FVSL, and move the team on the way to up to Premier. Maybe I should consider it. Or perhaps we could move Campo to Premier FVSL.
Would you not love it?
In fact, I do offer a challenge to a FVSL Premier team to play with Campo. We could have an exhibition game and have the matters settle to see how far behind is the FVSL compared to the VMSL.

I endorse this (which means it will never happen).

As much as I believe you are an idiot, an idiot, an idiot, the truth is the activity on match reports would skyrocket, and you are actually not a blatant abuser of the English language- at least written-wise. This counts for a lot in the FVSL Premier Thread re-boot.

Also, I'd love to see a Campo road trip out to Townsend Park, in mid November, for an 8:00 PM Sunday kick-off (arguably the single worst home game time between Squamish and Hope, and a complete advantage to the home squad). Talk about your culture shock. You think there are racial undertones to the Commercial Drive squad vs. West Van match-up? Wait till the toothless farmers get a hold of you.

I'd imagine Campo would have to make an overnight road trip out of it.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo would lose to the top 4-5 teams in the valley.
The bottom 4-5 perhaps give most of them a game.
So don't go taking coastal as a measure.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo would lose to the top 4-5 teams in the valley.
The bottom 4-5 perhaps give most of them a game.
So don't go taking coastal as a measure.
Can you prove it with an actual game?
Remember guys, you were predicting big losses for Campo in Division 2 and 1 and they did not happen?
I know that we can beat the top FVSL Premier teams. I would be happy to show it to you and you might not even aware how it happened.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I endorse this (which means it will never happen).

As much as I believe you are an idiot, an idiot, an idiot, the truth is the activity on match reports would skyrocket, and you are actually not a blatant abuser of the English language- at least written-wise. This counts for a lot in the FVSL Premier Thread re-boot.

Also, I'd love to see a Campo road trip out to Townsend Park, in mid November, for an 8:00 PM Sunday kick-off (arguably the single worst home game time between Squamish and Hope, and a complete advantage to the home squad). Talk about your culture shock. You think there are racial undertones to the Commercial Drive squad vs. West Van match-up? Wait till the toothless farmers get a hold of you.

I'd imagine Campo would have to make an overnight road trip out of it.
I am trying to expand my horizons. I drove the other day past the Port Mann bridge and it was a bit of a shocker. Almost everybody looks Caucasian, dress differently and speaks differently.

I do love this country, and perhaps it is time for me to get to know it better. I am not kidding when I tell you that for five years I did not have to speak English other than in school or college.

Seriously guys, why we do not arrange an exhibition match? It can be good for everyone. We are trying to build bridges and not barriers. I hope that you realize the irony.
The name of the club is "Campo" which means rural. We do actually idealize and appreciate rural life.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remember guys, you were predicting big losses for Campo in Division 2 and 1 and they did not happen?
I know that we can beat the top FVSL Premier teams. I would be happy to show it to you and you might not even aware how it happened.

I think everyone on TTP was predicting big losses for Campo in Div. 1, it was not exclusive to FVSL folks. And really, you were gifted the spot due to Surrey United leaving the VMSL Premier.

The fact you have established yourselves near the top of the table is obviously a testament to your squad, nobody can call it a fluke at this point, but don't go clouding what was and wasn't stated, and who / who didn't state them.

If you want a friendly, suggest you start by contacting the managers, because, as is quite obvious, none of them post here on TTP, and you are just shouting into the wind.

If you are successful, please don't pick Coastal, Tigers, or PMO Rangers FC...pick at least any one of the squads from Abby up to the top of the table.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would love to see it, so you can be proved wrong about the valley. But how would it be good for them, or you? Mid season exhibitions...Not sure that's beneficial for anyone.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps during the Holidays or at the end of the season. We really would like to play with the tough Valley boys.
You know after a while it can gets boring playing the same teams/managers/clubs. We had Rinos X 3 this season, and other than them and Norvan we do not have any other real rivalry. We had some players visiting from Africa today, and it was nice to see the intensity with those players. Really good / hardcore intensive duals and football. My players need to toughen up a bit and I have not seen a VMSL team with enough grit. Perhaps only Harps and Greencaps matches this fighting spirit.
Are these the teams from your league?
I am pretty sure that we can beat them on a good day and if we have our full roster.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would love to see it, so you can be proved wrong about the valley. But how would it be good for them, or you? Mid season exhibitions...Not sure that's beneficial for anyone.
I have sent a request to the league. Perhaps we can even arrange a mini tournament with other teams in the VMSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0