Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier 2005] Pre-Season Games Banter/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
typical early pre-season game for both teams some no where near fit some not kicked a ball in 3 month, most never played together before, a couple of headless chicken's. so i good little get together and run out realy

the park keepr has his job cut out this morning sweeping up all the rust before the next team can go on :D

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The DFC Razorbacks play Douglas on Wed night.
Should be fun!!

Cheers
Rex

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Douglas 6 DFC Razprbacks 2

Fitness showed in this game in the second half !
At one point the game was 3 Douglas 2 Razorbacks . Early in the second half that was the score!

Cheers
Rex

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good things you guys weren't playing UBC or SFU :confused:
I don't see how a team readying itself for premier can let that many goals in. Do you guys have a defense, or just think you do? Maybe Wade was playing for Douglas.

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was our first game with a bunch of new faces. They were much fitter, and it showed in the second half. They picked up the pace of play, and we started to suck wind. Sure it was alot of goals, but we're not disappointed with the result. Douglas is a good team. They got goals off giveaways and breakdowns that hopefully won't happen during the season. We've had maybe 5-6 practices and 1 game. Hopefully it will get better from here on in. :( It better!

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rex said:
Douglas 6 DFC Razprbacks 2

Fitness showed in this game in the second half !
At one point the game was 3 Douglas 2 Razorbacks . Early in the second half that was the score!

Cheers
Rex
I guess douglas is a lot better than the valley teams,or you guys were out coached,who was the goalie for fuk sakes
:eek: :D

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me :mad: I'm the one to blame sid. Too much fishing, not enough soccer this summer so far.

I'll give Douglas credit, they got 2 great goals off corner kicks. One timers into the top corner. great finishes. Two mistakes by me cost 2 more. And 2 bad giveaways and defensive blunders for the other 2. The mistakes took place after we had no legs left. We'll get fitter so that doesn't happen again. But it's just the first game. They beat GEU by the same score I think. It's pre-season for the valley teams. Douglas has been going for a couple of months now. I bet if any of the valley teams played them, after 2-3 months training, it would be a different game. The skill level was fairly close, but quickness and fitness was on Douglas's side for sure.

Tough start for us, but I'm sure we'll get better.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know...soccer sense and experience, combined w/ a deep enough bench, should be able to prevent 6 fishing trips to the onion bag. In the many pre-season games we used to play against college teams w/ Langley, I don't remember one ass kicking. A bunch of ties, but nothing that high a score.

I blame Utah.

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We lost worse last year. So we're slowly getting better. I'm just trying to take the few positives out of a serious arse kicking. Not that there were too many positives. We have some work to do obviously.

I'm hoping that this was an eye opener for the guys. Al ot of them haven't played premier ball before. They learned that if you make a mistake, or leave your man for a second, the opposition gets a quality chance. In div. 1 you could make a mistake and recover most of the time. Not in premier. Mistake=goal.

Experience was an issue dude... we didn't field our full team. We wanted to give some new young guys we picked up a good run. We still have guys away on holidays and such. When the game was played at a slower pace, we started to take over and got the score to 3-2. They got crap from the coach and were told to pick it up, and we couldn't follow suit. Not enough fresh legs on the bench i guess. After they went up 4-2, we just gave up. Not what I wanted, or expected to see, but it happened. It gives us a lot of stuff to work on at training.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rex,
I noticed a few former GEU players wearing the Dewdney colors last night.
Are they signed or filling in?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Rex,
I noticed a few former GEU players wearing the Dewdney colors last night.
Are they signed or filling in?
like who?dfc will need a whole new face lift to become a top notch in premier & maybe a better keeper,mac is done from my standards,do a jog or 2 ,thats it no disrespect,just an opinion,fitness is key,mack doesent have that!too bad ,great keep 10 years ago ,but not no more,is meers going to win premier for you lads?count on it ,he propable is the most consistent player in the province at a whopping age of 43
cheers meers

ps : did rex start
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the vote of confidence sid! Hey, if there is another, better keeper available, bring him out for us. Right now I'm all we've got. We have a young kid playing CAT for us, but he needs a little more experience. So he'll play most of the games down there. If Perkins comes out, then we do have another, but with him you never know. He is signed, and if he makes it out to training, he'll play. I'm hoping he makes it out, I don't want to play all the time. But, we have nobody else.

The GEU guys are signed with us. Plus 2 of the guys on the Douglas team are signed as well. We picked up a guy from Columbus-Clan CAT team from last year, and a couple of U-18 metro players from last year. We will be drawing from the Poco defectors on the div.2 team as well from time to time. Hopefully we'll manage to avoid relegation this year. That's the goal. We're not expecting to be top notch, just competitive every week.

Hey sid, wanna go for a jog or 2 with me? I'm sure we both could use the run.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey sid, wanna go for a jog or 2 with me? I'm sure we both could use the run.

Trapper...don't do it...think of the pavement, and City of Port Coquitlam tax payers. ;)

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No kidding dude... i am a tax payer in Poco and I sure wouldn't want to pay the repair bills for the roads. We're already paying for that numbskull on Shaunessy who had a little landslide in his backyard!! Where do you live again?? :D

I wonder if the buildings around Reeves would need to be seismically (sp?) upgraded if i actually started to jog with sid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0