Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results, Banter & Predictions September/October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastermind

Nov 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Masters] Results, Banter & Predictions September 07'

Did you guys in Langley sign the old fella Mark from Sapperton?? We want him out here in Golden Ears.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

When I spoke to Thomas in the summer, he was mentioning he'd probably go into O-40s with his buddies (Freddy, Neville & Co.) if Sapperton folded.
Man, if I could be as fit now as that guy is at his age...
Go get him MM - I think he lives in Fort Langley and is just a ferry away. ;)

I just saw the name of the new Abby team.
They've taken on the traditional name from Abby being the 'Mariners'.
However, they made it Abbotsford 'Ancient' Mariners.

Brilliant! :D

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

First run of the new year last night and for fukc sakes do I feel old today ! Lived up to the name last night, phatanslow ! The all-blacks have the making of a decent team this year with the additions of the Sapperton boys. No matter how old or slow or sore I feel I must say " there is nothing like knocking the ball about then a few pints " that will never get old.

mastermind

Nov 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

When I spoke to Thomas in the summer, he was mentioning he'd probably go into O-40s with his buddies (Freddy, Neville & Co.) if Sapperton folded.
Man, if I could be as fit now as that guy is at his age...
Go get him MM - I think he lives in Fort Langley and is just a ferry away. ;)

I just saw the name of the new Abby team.
They've taken on the traditional name from Abby being the 'Mariners'.
However, they made it Abbotsford 'Ancient' Mariners.

Brilliant! :D

It would be a shame to see Mark leave the league and go to over 40's. I have to agree with you, I don't think there are too many guys in our league that come close to the conditioning that he possesses. He could certainly compete with us still. I wish him luck if anyone sees him. He is a hard ass, raw boned mother f*&*er.

mastermind

Nov 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

First run of the new year last night and for fukc sakes do I feel old today ! Lived up to the name last night, phatanslow ! The all-blacks have the making of a decent team this year with the additions of the Sapperton boys. No matter how old or slow or sore I feel I must say "
Well said:eek:

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

MarkT signed with AllBlacks for one year plus an option...good guy to have on the team and just glad hes on my side this time round.... AllBlacks have reason for optimism this year with MANY new faces...we'll just have to see how everyone fits in...a good problem to have at any rate and looking forward to the season.

TLF

mastermind

Nov 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Same out here in the Ridge. Good luck this year and I guess I will be battling with Mark :cool:again. DAMMIT

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes all looked well at the Oval on Tuesday night. 21 guys out for a scrimmage. No drills, no team talk, just footy and beer. The new boys are fitting in nicely, the only rukus was PeeWee and Kemper swapping elbows; you just have to love that kind of intensity. Great to see Springer and the best of the rest from Sapperton. I'm looking forward to a season were I don't have MT sticking his elbow in my ear! Still waiting on JC, I think just slipping into a player roll will let the boy consentrate on ther footy.

:cool:The Black-Sapp are back.:cool:

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

RF,
Now I remember, M.Braun; W.Rock car dealer.
He still thinks I stole his missus in '82?
We know the English have charm but he's sadly mistaken.:D

BTW, Nice result in Paris.

The Judge

Oct 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rangerville
Is the champagne on ice?With the knew teams it'll be more competitive but still its a no brainer.Handy,shoey,kaiser Octoberfest starts eary in Winnipeg,good luck should be a walk in the park.Coach,who's signed nial and woodsy?To bad Surrey United went to the B league,oh well.Silver fox,MT are legends,good to see them playing at a high level.Old brownie wants to play,after a few beers that is,well see ?Good luck this season.:D
cheers.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow - Well done Sikhs...

Friday result:
Rangers 3 Delta 1.

We went up by two right at the half with Bailey coming out of nowhere to drill one home with his noggin off a corner to send us to the dressing room quite stoked.
To be fair, Delta had more in the play at that point but both sides going at each other hard in a fast 45.
Wilkie with a sweet free kick around the wall to make it 3 at about 60 with them never stopping after that to get one late.
Parno was a machine out there - Great game by the marathon man.
Klaassen with a top job done in the back as well.
Delta, much like those PAU fcuks last week ;), are going to nick a lot of points off of a lot of teams this year.
Very solid side with some young signings.

Honestly glad we've played both those teams off the bat not to just have them out of the way early but excellent prep matches for our trip to Winnipeg.

Judge:
Great to hear from you bro and unlucky being the Bride's Maid in Alberta this year.
Another great year for your team.
You wouldn't have won your third Western medal in a row anyway. ;)

Cheers,
RF

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

GEU 5, Abby 1.

Caught the last thirty minutes of this game.

While GEU are an improved club without a doubt, the past two scores (by a total of 9 goals to 1) are definitely more a result of the teams they have played against. For example, I'm sure Peace Arch will have spent the bulk of the second half this morning trying to find ways not to score against White Rock. As for the Ancient Mariners?

Yeesh.

That could be the worst back line ever assembled. In the thirty minutes I watched, the mighty offensive juggernaut that is the Thunder could have scored five or six more on top of the three that they did get. It was embarrassing.

Having said that, I really believe the Thunder will be much more competitive this season. The pick ups they made have added strength and the losses (like dropping the Monkey like yesterday's paper;)) clearly haven't affected them....

....yet.

It's a long season. The first real test for these old buggers comes next weekend against a clearly tough SIKH team. WE'll see what they're made of then.:cool:

Group 6 Monkey

popbitch

Sep 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peace Arch United 9 White rock united o_Oh dear,was'nt big ,was'nt clever and was'nt that much fun.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why did they bother joining the league then?? White Rock that is?

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Now RF, enough of that kind of talk. Some of us happen to have some influence with the authorities over in the prairies, and it could easily be arranged that there is a sudden shortage of perogies, kolbassa, cabbage rolls, borscht, etc in the not too distant future. All it would take, actually, is a dispatching of my old Ukrainian friend and former bench press/hammer throw champion "The Human Chest" back to the lapland, and then you are all out of luck.

Ask Five Big Toes: The Chest is a force to be reckoned with.

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's an embarrassment!! Do the rock and Abby think their playing 3rd div caliber!! Hell ,we'd sh%&t kic them!!!

cunning stunt

Dec 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

apparently after we took it easy on them 9-0, they had a short team meeting afterwards and committed to practicing once a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0