Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter November/December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: [FVSL Masters] Results & Banter November/December 2009

HOS, did i say anything that wasn't true?
We played average in first ( a quote from one of your players) and shocking in the second. Unless you thought we looked spectacular in the second and you guys were just that much better.

We paniced in the second and you guys had the run of the play.

But nobody can argue that the ref was shocking, can you?

The only "dirty" play may have been when your player was kicked after the Poco player was fouled, but it was the same player that got whacked in the head previous to that. Come on, it wasn't pretty either way in alot of those tackles.

PS: still waiting in the changerooms for you to buy me a beer. Cheap bastard.
PSS: Give my wife her pants back.
;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You were average against 10 men, come on, you guys went forward and scored 3 while we sat back and defended, yes you guys were not strong in the second and it was physical, but the ref wasn't that bad, both teams made it bad with some terrible tackles.
Sorry about the beer, we only had imports, didn't think you Poco boys drink that stuff, and those are "Manpries" great for diving around on the turf, or an afternoon out with coach.
You guys deserved the 3 points based on the fact we showed up with 10, had we had 11 or 12, it could have been a better game.

hos

fatnugly

Sep 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think Yoda has always been a little delirious in his assessment of games.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Then we agree i guess HOS.

I did stop by the PA changeroom for a bit and let's just say that the refing last night brought about some stories of some pretty bad reffereeing in the past.

We were discussing in our changeroom that the ref was egging guys on to take cards. He'd tell them to shut up, and then continue to have a conversation with them. WTF?

Outside of all your clean and perfect tackles, don't forget the elbow to the head that got no call, as well as #10 who deliberately took a run at our defender in the air because he lost the last header. Come on, who's delirious here?

Yes, it could have been different had you had 11 to start, but you didn't we took advantage. When you did it was a different game for sure. Result, we scored enough to win, you didn't.

What's the rule on players showing up after the game starts? Are they allowed to come on the field when they arrive to make 11 or do they have to wait for half? ;) Cheating bastards. i was smelling protest. :)

Ladnerdad

Oct 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

More details for you about the Delta United - South Delta game.

The game was a good one between two evenly matched teams. Both teams had complaints about the ref, but at least the poor calls were split evenly between the teams.

The first half had the two teams feeling each other out, one team would surge for a few minutes then the other team would respond. Both teams were trying the long ball a lot, but the field was greasy so most balls that were not headed away by the defence ran through to the keepers. Delta United hit the post, South Delta missed on a breakaway. 0-0 at the half.

The play was a bit more structured for the second half. South Delta struck first on a goal that was disputed by Delta United. A high ball was played in from the right. The Delta United keeper did well to play it up off the crossbar, however his momentum carried him into the post which jarred the goal off the line. The ball was volleyed in by South Delta, Delta United felt that the play should have been stopped because the goal was out of place as would happen in a hockey game.

About 15 minutes later Delta United struck back. They had a corner. South Delta got possession after the cross, but the attempted clearance was deflected right in front of the net to a Delta United player who slotted it home.

The turning point of the match came about 5 minutes later. A high ball was played through for a South Delta player and the Delta United keeper charged out to get it. At the top of the box the two players met, technically the South Delta forward got to the ball first, but because he did so with a foot that was at chest/neck level and that foot subsequently rammed into the keeper, the South Delta player was red carded.

Now South Delta is basically playing for the tie. With about 5 minutes left Delta United plays a nice through ball from their left, their forward is able to split the defence and tap it past the charging keeper, and it has just enough momentum to get into the net before a defender is able to reach it. Nice goal.

Delta United is able to run out the clock from there.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The ref was very poor, equally for both teams.

I was called offside IN MY OWN HALF! 20 seconds later PA scored.
PA second goal was a result of a bit of a scrum. The ref was close to me, 1/3 up the park when it was going on - he exclaimed, that is offside and didn't call it then awareded a foul to PA.

2 minutes left he called PA offside when it clearly wasn't - could have been the equalizer.

The Effing tit was wearing a grey jersey, PA were in blue and it was a poorly lit field. Apparently not the first time he has been nearly the same color as one of the teams on the field. PA passed to him once and he was 'marked' a few times. When I asked him to change he said "yeah, thats the problem'.

He was not just poor - nice dirty sanchez.

To the game - really felt like the first game of the season. We have had a tough time getting any momentum because we are playing every second or third week.

We will take the points.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

More details for you about the Delta United - South Delta game.

The game was a good one between two evenly matched teams. Both teams had complaints about the ref, but at least the poor calls were split evenly between the teams.

The first half had the two teams feeling each other out, one team would surge for a few minutes then the other team would respond. Both teams were trying the long ball a lot, but the field was greasy so most balls that were not headed away by the defence ran through to the keepers. Delta United hit the post, South Delta missed on a breakaway. 0-0 at the half.

The play was a bit more structured for the second half. South Delta struck first on a goal that was disputed by Delta United. A high ball was played in from the right. The Delta United keeper did well to play it up off the crossbar, however his momentum carried him into the post which jarred the goal off the line. The ball was volleyed in by South Delta, Delta United felt that the play should have been stopped because the goal was out of place as would happen in a hockey game.

About 15 minutes later Delta United struck back. They had a corner. South Delta got possession after the cross, but the attempted clearance was deflected right in front of the net to a Delta United player who slotted it home.

The turning point of the match came about 5 minutes later. A high ball was played through for a South Delta player and the Delta United keeper charged out to get it. At the top of the box the two players met, technically the South Delta forward got to the ball first, but because he did so with a foot that was at chest/neck level and that foot subsequently rammed into the keeper, the South Delta player was red carded.

Now South Delta is basically playing for the tie. With about 5 minutes left Delta United plays a nice through ball from their left, their forward is able to split the defence and tap it past the charging keeper, and it has just enough momentum to get into the net before a defender is able to reach it. Nice goal.

Delta United is able to run out the clock from there.

Fair assesment. Good battle and an emotional game. Funny how everything evens out over the course of the season. Tough test next week for us v PAU.

fatnugly

Sep 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

The ref was very poor, equally for both teams.

I was called offside IN MY OWN HALF! 20 seconds later PA scored.
PA second goal was a result of a bit of a scrum. The ref was close to me, 1/3 up the park when it was going on - he exclaimed, that is offside and didn't call it then awareded a foul to PA.

2 minutes left he called PA offside when it clearly wasn't - could have been the equalizer.

The Effing tit was wearing a grey jersey, PA were in blue and it was a poorly lit field. Apparently not the first time he has been nearly the same color as one of the teams on the field. PA passed to him once and he was 'marked' a few times. When I asked him to change he said "yeah, thats the problem'.

He was not just poor - nice dirty sanchez.

To the game - really felt like the first game of the season. We have had a tough time getting any momentum because we are playing every second or third week.

We will take the points.
I know exactly who you're talking about....he talks the whole effin game about each and every challenge....he's an A hole!!!

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Both of you have got to be kidding, PAU show up with 10 men, try to defend against a very quick Poco team, and do OK for about 30 minutes. Poco get a great first goal on a nice run down the touch line and quick cross, goal. Sumner scores a goal of the year on a 30 yard strike into the top corner, then a crap scrample goal to make it 3-0 at the half.

PAU get one more player at half to make a full 11 and the match changes, we get a early goal on a long ball from half way on a knock down to make things interesting. Keep pressing and get a second 15 in on a cracker free kick for the top of the 18, 3-2 and Poco are shocked, so what do they do. Become the dirtiest team in FVSL Masters, some of the tackle and challenges were terrible, from both teams, but mostly Poco, the ref has a word with two players, but nothing comes of it, Poco still plays reckless.

PAU coulda/shoulda have tied it up at the end, but the Poco keeper made a cracker save on a free kick, and then the ref called a off-side on a header that went in, both teams saw no off-side.

Fun game to be apart of, glad I wasn't involved in some of the dirty stuff, still think this Poco team is a little over-rated, perhaps we havn't seen everything they can do, but I know for sure they don't like dealing with the long ball at the back.

Well I get to see them one more time with the PAU Rangers:eek:

hos

Poco needs to sign someone who likes to crash the Goalie;) then the posts would be interesting:D A Goon for JTL & Sumner to allow them to play more freely.

Reckless is good Hos, i understand how everyone has to get up and go to work the next day. But really a little cheap is a good thing just ask Schuweee;) you hate and admire these players all in the same breath.

$$$MAN

N

NDU Alumni

Schueee is not only cheap when he plays but the beer fund takes a huge hit when he is on your team!! I don't think I have seen him pay a pint ever!!!!

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well so much for the transfer after the break,but really how many times can you prop up a spazz.:rolleyes: Beer is so yesterday tis the season for the Captain..... Now fukc off I,m busy.....

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well so much for the transfer after the break,but really how many times can you prop up a spazz.:rolleyes: Beer is so yesterday tis the season for the Captain..... Now fukc off I,m busy.....

Look to the other side of the rainbow......the Captain is there:eek:..but only for those who play for the "right" team;)......rethink the transfer......the road trips will be a blast:bronco:

Cheers!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes it was 9-1......could we have played the last 10-15 and possibly added more....yes...but when asked if GF count:confused:.....who cares!!!!.....:eek:...Sikh were a good bunch of lads who kept playing.

Cheers!

between the pipes

Aug 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Easy JTL do not believe everything you read on TTP!! BK7 only had one!!! And we kept it under double digits. And was it not you who said goals for may help settle a tie in the standings!!! Who guys every going to play two weeks in a row?

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm glad to hear about all the goals you snipers are ringing up! Finally, I can focus my attention where my heart is, defensive strategies and tacticts! Is there an award for "Most Efficient" player? He who runs the least, touches the ball the least and barely breaks a sweat? You can't teach that....
You can have your Golden Boot.... It's just been a distraction for me... I was just thinking about turning it up a notch too... So, your lucky....

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Pipes......you haven't changed your avtar:D

Cheers!

Wonder how BK7 is feeling today:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet