Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter November/December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: [FVSL Masters] Results & Banter November/December 2009

Exactly FATMONKEY! And, don't even think about trying to catch me... I've got it locked!
Need I remind you who started in the 15-0 game?? That's right, THIS GUY!

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Pipes......you haven't changed your avtar:D

Cheers!

Wonder how BK7 is feeling today:eek:

Feelin' great.Once again an enjoyable evening of piss-taking.Acid Tongue you rock!! Soooooo photogenic!! Liked to have stayed longer at Schank's but being a responsible parent is top priority......shouldn't have brought the cell phone.

fatnugly

Sep 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

PA FC 5 Aldergrove 3.

Saw some of the game...Aldergrove scored once early and twice late while PA Fc had 5 unanswered and controlled most of the game ....somehow they keep winning.

between the pipes

Aug 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

This better S-Shell!! Sure liked the 6pm kick off instead of the late night games!! Gave more time for pints. HAve to give the nod to NAP for some of the best rooms in the league!!If walls could talk...

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Should be (2) beauties this weekend.

Peace Arch FC (3rd) v Delta Utd(2nd)

Poco FC (4th) v South Delta FC (1st)

Which is the match of the week.
There could be a lot of movement at the top.

fatnugly

Sep 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

South Delta has gained most of it's wins from the weaker teams and have already lost to Delta and PAFC.....I don't see them challenging Poco.

PAFC vrs. Delta definitely MOTW.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Typo on the FVSL site - we're first right now - Poco may have something to say about that but at this time we'll lay our claim.

So the games are PAFC (3) vs Delta (1) and Poco (4) vs SDFC (2)

:D

4ST OUT!!!

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
POCO vs SDFC

POCO vs SDFC

This game is really the same M.O. for both teams.

South Delta - shut down the two front men (JTL and Bored) and you'll have success.

Poco - your task is made a little easier with Hudson gone (red card) but Halsey, Myers and Atkinson are a handful - all 6'2"+ that can all run.

Whoever can man-mark the best Fri night will win.....

Having that said - come on you South Delta!!!!:D

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Delta, PAFC definitely match of the week. First vs third. A loss by either team most likely puts them out of contention for the league title.

South Delta, Poco is also a strong game. A must win for both teams.

JTL

N

NDU Alumni

Should be a great weekend of soccer!!! South Delta losing one of their top scores with a red vs. Delta may hurt them a little vs. the Mighty POCO!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thinking Poco SD. Poco wants and badly needs these points to stay in shopping range of the top of the table.

SD is a very good squad, and they will give Poco a great match.

The deciding factor on this may well be the home team location...where's it at again?

sinpa01

Feb 4, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

PAFC (3) vs Delta (1) MOTW

I am sure they would want revenge - Last year we were away and took 3 points.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 1, South Delta 1.

South Delta are definitely better than we gave them credit for. Tough match to play. We had more chances - other than their goal, which deflected off three Castillians before finding the back of the net, I'm hard pressed to remember any other real chances for SD.

Having said that, we were pressed and were scrambly in the second half. We generated very little flow. It didn't help getting two deserved late red cards and finding a way to hold on to the point with nine men on the pitch.:eek:

Two sub-par results back to back from our perspective. We weren't happy tonight.:mad:

Pissed Monkey

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
just wandering in from the NDU Alum vs PA Rangers game.....lack luster game but great banter and spirit in room after.... HUGE beer cooler full of pints....plenty o laughs! BK7 is in fine form and MRS BK7 better be ready for overtime....:eek:

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy sh*t it was a cold night, Like 5lumpytoes say's not really the best soccer tonight but the Ranger team where good lads. There goalie with some very good saves and the closed us down very quickly.

Ladnerdad

Oct 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is my perspective on the South Delta - Poco game.
Completely agree that Poco was the better team in the first half. They had much more possession, had some nice attacks, forced our keeper to make one nice save on a dangerous cross, and scored a good goal. We were having a tough time stringing any passes together, nor were we effectively using our height advantage up front to set up the forwards.
In the second half we started playing better, Poco's level fell off. Our big boys up front were starting to wear on their D which lead to more play in their end and some more chances for us. Our goal was fortunate with the deflections, but we also had a later chance where our player was not able to get any part of his body on the ball from one yard out so the ball skidded wide by a foot (A "How'd he miss it" moment). Poco only had one really good chance, where their player shanked a volley from about six yards out. The two reds came really late in the game so did not really affect the outcome at all, though the two players ejected were really good players so whomever Poco plays next will have a little bonus in not having to face them.

From our perspective we were happy with the result. We got a point from a really good team in an away game. We also feel that with the results of the last two games that we have proved to ourselves that we belong in the upper eschelons of this league and can compete with anyone.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, and don't forget the one we had inside the six that was passed back to your keeper cuz our player didn't expect it to go right through the box and get to him. :)

I agree, South Delta definately deserved to be in the "upper eschelons" of the league. Well done and good game.

The cards will hurt next week.
Enough reading, need to go ice my nose some more.

PS: whomever the ass is that said it was my fault that i got hit in the nose, that i was all over his back all game, is a ****ing moron.
There is no way i could headbutt an elbow that hard to break my nose. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0