Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter Oct '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True, but I am still playing Masters, so the playing days are only partially over, as in over the hill.
Two big matches back to back at home for PAU against the two top teams.

hos

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS, what is the CAT rule in Fraser Valley, ie do the Prem guys not have to be over 35 to CAT anyway? Or is it a different rule...?

M.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, they must be O-35 to play up with the Masters, but the Masters teams can sign 3 O-30 players, but they can not play in Provincials. Not many Premier teams out in the FVSL with guys O-35 anymore, more and more are going to Masters early.

hos

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rule is the same as in VMSL then. One other question, with all of these PA teams in Masters can the Prem guys CAT with any of them, or just one?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont think it matters what division you play. You can only be cup tied to 1 team.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats true, but that is not what I was asking. I was asking about the CAT system. Specifically, if there are three Peace Arch Masters teams (which it appears there is from up north here), and if there is a Premier Div Peace Arch player, who is over 35, can that player play (CAT) with any of the three Masters sides in league, or must that player be tied to one specific Masters side? This is kind of a unique situation, and it would be interesting how the league polices it.

Sir M.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, that player can play with any or all the Masters teams in the club, plus if a player is signed Div. 1, they could go up to Premier or go up to any Masters teams as well. I am hoping to play three Masters games in one weekend coming up, I just need to book the 2 weeks holiday that I will need following the weekend.

hos

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored,

It doesn't matter who we have in the line-up these days...we're so bad and disfunctional, it's become comical.

I guess that's what happens when we get three guys out consistently to training.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is tough to be moitvated for O-35s if the team isn't committed.
It is also much more fun when Langely just barely loses.
Are all those PA teams in the same club, or just from the same city?

40+

Sep 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
All same club. For a Premier or Div 1 to play Masters, they must be 35 before Dec 31. If they sign to Masters at say 32, they can play that Masters team only, but can play Premier or Div, within the same club. All up to I believe Jan 15 when transfers, if any, have to be completed. No movement after that date. My understanding also is that any under 35 as of Dec 31 signed to Masters is not eligible for cup either. Does anyone understand different ?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
(2) massive games this upcoming weekend.

Delta United vs Peace Arch United, Peace Arch wins and these (2) teams are tied.

Peace Arch FC vs Poco Castilians, battle of the undefeateds.

I was expecting a good game out of Langley and South Delta BUT not anymore.

Delta wins.
Poco wins a tight one.
South Delta wins one they are badly outplayed and have no business winning (3-0).

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess that's what happens when we get three guys out consistently to training.

Training that's what your doing wrong for sure! Do you know in our "storied" 4 year history that we have never had a single "training" session once the season begins.

Bored,

Can you imagine how good we would be if we trained what finely tuned atheletes we would become. Instead of losing the league last year on the last play of the last game we would have plundered the league with a well oiled machine "trained" in all the nuances of the game of Football. I guess all of the long hours of training the Castillians put in is really paying off for you guys this year.:D

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored,

I having trouble saying this word can you please give me the phonetic spelling so I can use it at home to tonight with the kids, my 4 year old loves new words.

undefeated - 1775, from un- (1) "not" + pp. of defeat (v.).

Use it in a sentence:

The out of shape, past their prime, indifferent Mission old boys were undefeated until they played the finely tuned, obsessively hard training Castilians.

If you need help with anything else like proper use of an apostrophe:

Example:

I having trouble
Or
I'm having trouble

Also correct is: I am having trouble

So other new words for your 4 year old:

Jog, Fitness, Salad.

An archaic or antiquated phrase you may want to teach him:

Cake for desert? No thank you.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard rumblings that Peace Arch is determined to beat us next weekend and are talking of pulling from Premier to do it.
Those players will all be O-35 and they are getting sent down for some conditioning after a tough loss to Poco.

hos

Peace Arch FC has 2 dozen guys signed and they still pull players from the Premier team to play. I'm sure all those guys who signed early are having a good time watching from the side lines while the Premier boys get some conditioning in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0