Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters Premier Division] Predictions, Results, & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The pomo keeper issue. I don't care if he went last year and bailed them out. Some guys have commitments so going away for soccer can't be done. Games in town if your not on a masters team u shouldn't be on the masters list. That's like saying messi is selected to the league 1 allstar team. League 1 is French if u arnt aware, oh and messi plays in Spain for those who don't know either. See the conflict. Now defend away Yoda just take the choke chain off your neck first so you can talk better. Hahaha.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The pomo keeper issue. I don't care if he went last year and bailed them out. Some guys have commitments so going away for soccer can't be done. Games in town if your not on a masters team u shouldn't be on the masters list. That's like saying messi is selected to the league 1 allstar team. League 1 is French if u arnt aware, oh and messi plays in Spain for those who don't know either. See the conflict. Now defend away Yoda just take the choke chain off your neck first so you can talk better. Hahaha.

definitely agree.

#bringbackKevinUppal

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh okay so 7-8 from the actual Masters team and 2-3 from the Open premier team who aren't even registered in the Masters division, yeah so that makes a lot more sense now doesn't it? loll you are telling me there was not enough Masters guys REGISTERED in Masters to play?

Kevin did get bitched at on a constant basis but i'll tell you one thing, there was never talk of favoring certain clubs. From what I have heard, a couple clubs are getting together and there may be a possible exit from the FVSL. Its not just about complaining on TTP, its a lot more people than just myself.

Alright, @Stringer and @dopeashell, I'm willing to put an end to this "taking the piss" because apparently I missed it.

Is the team even as far as representing all teams equally? No
Did all teams submit players? No
Did they have enough for a full team? No
Did they pick up other players not submitted? Yes
Did they phone all the teams and ask them to submit more players or call players registered to FVSL Masters to fill remaining spots? Doesn't appear so. Maybe that could be done next year? Not sure what the best process for picking players is to fill remaining spots that would make everyone happy. Suggestions?
I'm sure the league reps would prefer not to have to phone team reps, have them submit more names, then phone those players to see if they are available or not. Then work their way down team lists until they have a team. Tedious I'm sure.

The system isn't perfect, I've never said it was, I was trying to answer questions on why the team was made the way it was and rebut what was said on the process is all. There was misinformation given, all I was trying to do was correct it. My apologies for that.

Can we still be friends?

As for teams leaving, Sad to hear. Having just made the move from the VMSL myself, things aren't perfect there either but sometimes teams just need a change. Are they Masters Premier teams? They'll have a tough go unless they're top 4-5. Likely won't be able to make the jump straight to Premier there.
Please read numerous posts on how FVSL Premier is equivalent to VMSL Div 1. :rolleyes:

there are things in the FVSL that are run or organized better than the VMSL. It's true!

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright, @Stringer and @dopeashell, I'm willing to put an end to this "taking the piss" because apparently I missed it.

Is the team even as far as representing all teams equally? No
Did all teams submit players? No
Did they have enough for a full team? No
Did they pick up other players not submitted? Yes
Did they phone all the teams and ask them to submit more players or call players registered to FVSL Masters to fill remaining spots? Doesn't appear so. Maybe that could be done next year? Not sure what the best process for picking players is to fill remaining spots that would make everyone happy. Suggestions?
I'm sure the league reps would prefer not to have to phone team reps, have them submit more names, then phone those players to see if they are available or not. Then work their way down team lists until they have a team. Tedious I'm sure.

The system isn't perfect, I've never said it was, I was trying to answer questions on why the team was made the way it was and rebut what was said on the process is all. There was misinformation given, all I was trying to do was correct it. My apologies for that.

Can we still be friends?

As for teams leaving, Sad to hear. Having just made the move from the VMSL myself, things aren't perfect there either but sometimes teams just need a change. Are they Masters Premier teams? They'll have a tough go unless they're top 4-5. Likely won't be able to make the jump straight to Premier there.
Please read numerous posts on how FVSL Premier is equivalent to VMSL Div 1. :rolleyes:

there are things in the FVSL that are run or organized better than the VMSL. It's true!

It may be tedious but its fair. They must've contacted Port Moody to confirm those players availability so why not do it for the Top 2. They didn't just magically get a "yes I'm available" answer out of thin air, did they?

Personally, no hard feelings towards you at all @Yoda, you just got a little brown stuff on the nose in all this lol

Seriously tho, everyone's entitled to an opinion and can believe what they want. TM may actually have nothing to do with this or the postponement of PMO games but its funny how it's being played out says otherwise.

It would be funny to see if TM steps down and all of a sudden PMO can't magically postpone games and have the all star team in their favour.

#FcukThomasMills

#bringbackKevinUppal

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It may be tedious but its fair. They must've contacted Port Moody to confirm those players availability so why not do it for the Top 2. They didn't just magically get a "yes I'm available" answer out of thin air, did they?

Personally, no hard feelings towards you at all @Yoda, you just got a little brown stuff on the nose in all this lol

Seriously tho, everyone's entitled to an opinion and can believe what they want. TM may actually have nothing to do with this or the postponement of PMO games but its funny how it's being played out says otherwise.

It would be funny to see if TM steps down and all of a sudden PMO can't magically postpone games and have the all star team in their favour.

#FcukThomasMills

#bringbackKevinUppal
On the Allstar front...Port Moody have six players from our masters team on it. Coastal has seven so maybe someone else is pulling the strings. Is TM representing Coastal now if so that's not cool. What will we Port Moody Rangers do now

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does it feel? TM's hand up your ass?

I joke, I kid. I would never, ever, EVER imply you are puppeting for (is that a word? Muppeting maybe?) anyone with the initials TM. To do so would risk suspension, and as we know, one has to be very careful in disparaging one particular man with the initials TM these days.
30f3-38bf-47c2-9f78-dd43cfc631c5.jpg

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the Allstar front...Port Moody have six players from our masters team on it. Coastal has seven so maybe someone else is pulling the strings. Is TM representing Coastal now if so that's not cool. What will we Port Moody Rangers do now

Does Coastal have players not registered in Masters on the Masters All Star team?

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does Coastal have players not registered in Masters on the Masters All Star

Those other players are not affiliated with the masters team in any way. Yet you keep saying that we have 10 players on the Allstar team and how can a team in 4th place have that many on the team...we'll we don't! I'm not sure if your hate is directed at the masters team or TM or both. I will let you know that the masters team is completely run independently and in No way affiliated with TM team. The only thing is the Port Moody Club name. We don't train together or loan any players out. I'm sure it's hard for you to probably believe this but if you have many friends in this division I'm sure they would confirm this for you... you just can't let that Temple postponement go can you! Lol!

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what I'm trying to say is why would those other guys not affiliated with your club but from a Port Moody team be invited to play masters All stars? See how those guys not registered in this division are not from anywhere else but Port Moody? I don't have anything against your club at all actually, only TM and his "favours"

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what I'm trying to say is why would those other guys not affiliated with your club but from a Port Moody team be invited to play masters All stars? See how those guys not registered in this division are not from anywhere else but Port Moody? I don't have anything against your club at all actually, only TM and his "favours"
Fair enough.. I agree that the masters Allstar team should be masters players only.. I myself have no idea how this was put together..I did receive a call asking to partake in the Allstar game and accepted and that's all I've heard except for the rumbling on here. Our top goal scorer is not even on the team. I'm assuming he declined or maybe someone from the other Port Moody teams got in before him...go figure! So if your issue is with TM and not our masters team ....as you were then.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

#FcukThomasMills

#bringbackKevinUppal

No but it was probably done by that new fast communication thingy the kids are using these days, I think they call it texting? Didn't have to make 3-4 phone calls to guys they don't know to ask, then wait for a call back and answer.

There's no hard feelings, I know how it works, you think you know. It's cool. ;)

I believe what I believe because I know what's going on and chose to get the facts first. It's easy really.

It would be funny, I'd have to stick my nose up someone else's ass then.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well @Yoda I did actually try getting the facts straight from the FVSL but they had no answer for it. I asked why they didnt ask Temple or ND for more players, no answer. I asked why choose guys who aren't even registered in Masters? They said that's not my decision to make. So thats what leads people to believe what they believe

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Might have been a better idea to contact them before all your posts here. Jus' sayin'

Tell you what, if I can pull my nose out of TM's ass for a few minutes this weekend, I'll see what I can find out for you.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Might have been a better idea to contact them before all your posts here. Jus' sayin'

Tell you what, if I can pull my nose out of TM's ass for a few minutes this weekend, I'll see what I can find out for you.

I did contact before I posted here lol thats the problem mate

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Getting Picked to play in the all star game looks more like a form of Punishment to me.

1) Its in Surrey
2)Bridge tolls
3)Its In Surrey
4)Your forced to share a field with a group of arrogant to good for the mainland islanders
5)Its in Surrey
6)Weather forecast for Jan 7. Snow and -5 Temp
7)Bridge tolls and ice bombs
8)Did I mention its in Surrey?

Ummm...looks to me like only one compelling argument, but it is ONE HELLUVA COMPELLING ARGUMENT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0