Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Upcoming weekend predictions...assuming games are able to be played:

Premier Division
Poco 3, White Rock 1. Definite MOTW:wa::wa::wa:
North DeltaA 4, Chilly-Mission 0.
Delta U. 4, Aldergrove 0.
South Delta 3, PA United 1.
PA Dragons 2, Brickmen 0.

1st Division
Dewdney 3, PM Saints 1.
Poco 2, SFC Caps 0. :knvb:
All-Blacks 3, GEU 1.
Athletics 3. South Surrey 0.
Temple 2, PA FC 1. 1st Division MOTW
North Delta B 5, FV Athletic 0.

One more prediction: The larger of Poco's Gray boys to swallow somebody from White Rock whole....

...much like Sid did the other night, but that's a different story.;)

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One more prediction: The larger of Poco's Gray boys to swallow somebody from White Rock whole....

This Gray Brother will likely have a yellow within the first 30 minutes which changes his effectiveness. White Rock are quick and crafty and Mr Gray will likely get caught and have to clobber someone. This could be the game of the year in the Valley Masters. White Rock likes to be pretty with a lot of quick passes and Poco I think are quick and smart enough to not get cought too often. I think Poco's more direct attack from turn overs will be their best formula for victory.

Tough game to predict. I am going with Poco just because I know more of their players :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Depends on the ref. I remember in Nations Cup one game where the ref (Joe B) was giving me every non verbal cue that I had to get the younger brother off, or he was going to get sent off (good on him for Joe for doing that). The younger lad was upset, but the kind of ref we had that day called a lot of fouls on tackles that other ref would not have. So if the ref if strict, it could be trouble, if he lets them play it will be fine.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict both Gray's will be sent off .... they're just goons ! ! JTL won't score, and Bored won't even see the ball !

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously Guru, this is a mature thread.

Fat Monkey, Sirem, or anybody w/ a clear understanding of the FIFA laws, and of the FVSL Yellow pages:

Is swallowing another player whole a cardable offence, and if it is, what color? Last question as it relates to the FVSL: if the color is Red, how many games? Is this considered something like violent conduct, and 2 games, or something really, really bad, like dissent (3 games minimum)?

Also, as a general question: if a fella gets a red for swallowing an opponent whole, does that person need to buy the lads a round after?

I guess that's five questions, total.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cardable.
Red.
2-4 games (see below)
Violent if bitten then otherwise a judgement call
Round is applicable, yes.

make it so...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's good to know. Rangerforever plays for us, and when he heard we had to play DFC Razorbacks, his mouth started to water with anticipation of a substantial pig roast.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Monkey, Sirem, or anybody w/ a clear understanding of the FIFA laws, and of the FVSL Yellow pages:

Is swallowing another player whole a cardable offence, and if it is, what color? Last question as it relates to the FVSL: if the color is Red, how many games? Is this considered something like violent conduct, and 2 games, or something really, really bad, like dissent (3 games minimum)?

Also, as a general question: if a fella gets a red for swallowing an opponent whole, does that person need to buy the lads a round after?

To quote Fifa law 17, amendment 41:
"Any player swallowed by another player on the opposing team shall be awarded a direct free kick from the point of swallowing. Prior to the free kick, the swallower must attempt to force themselves to cough up the swallowed opponent. If the opponent cannot be brought back into action in a time deemed appropriate by the referee, the a yellow card will be shown to the offending swallower. If teeth were used during the swallowing process, then, obviously, a red card will be shown and the player in question will be ejected from the game. Teeth should never be used while swallowing...ever"

FVSL Constitutional Amendment:
Swallowing an opponent - Fifa law 17, amendment 41 shall apply, unless the player swallowed is an ass and/or the referee just doesn't like him. Or it's Sid. Then all bets are off.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very nice Monkey, but really who would swallow Sid, think about it or even make mention of it.
And thus we return to the Pig Fcuker

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bit a player from Polonia quite a few years ago.... A straight red and a few games suspension - worst part, I'm still picking out peices of drywall from between my teeth!

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enough about your post game activities TR your wife may read them. Should be a good game I wish I could get to the field early to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0