Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Masters Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just checked the FVSL schedules page and it says that Temple and PAU are replaying their game next Tuesday at 8:30. Both teams play Sunday, so I guess it's fair from that perspective, but the whole game? Really?

That seems a bit extreme considering they went through 10 penos after finishing locked at 2 apiece. But I guess there's no other real fair way to do it.

Talk about bizarre circumstances.:confused:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just checked the FVSL schedules page and it says that Temple and PAU are replaying their game next Tuesday at 8:30. Both teams play Sunday, so I guess it's fair from that perspective, but the whole game? Really?

That seems a bit extreme considering they went through 10 penos after finishing locked at 2 apiece. But I guess there's no other real fair way to do it.

Talk about bizarre circumstances.:confused:
that's fuken bullshite
Someone kick bigbag in the heed
WTF
I would be looking up the constitution rule
That would suck for my butter chicken lads to lose in reg.

Gurps
Start a war with fvsl

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are we positive it's the whole match? As much as I like seeing a Big Bag linching (couldn't happen to a better douchebag), let's not hang the league before we know all the logistics and rules.

That said, maybe it has to be...there's no way of knowing who was on the pitch at the end of the game...or is there?

Monkey- if they went through 10 rounds, would the official have been recording the players who'd stepped up?

My bet is likely the only people to blame are those at the city and the scheduler for not thinking of this scenario. Unfortunate for Temple...sounds like they played a hell of a match.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are we positive it's the whole match? As much as I like seeing a Big Bag linching (couldn't happen to a better douchebag), let's not hang the league before we know all the logistics and rules.

That said, maybe it has to be...there's no way of knowing who was on the pitch at the end of the game...or is there?

Monkey- if they went through 10 rounds, would the official have been recording the players who'd stepped up?

My bet is likely the only people to blame are those at the city and the scheduler for not thinking of this scenario. Unfortunate for Temple...sounds like they played a hell of a match.

The referee does record who has taken the PK's, but does not record who's still on the pitch. All the players are instructed to stay on the field afterwards so that there's no confusion. There would still be six players left from each team to potentially take a kick, but if they were just to replay the PK's, then only the 11 players would be allowed to participate. What happens if some of these players couldn't make it that Tuesday? Do you now include people who were on the team list for the night but not on the park? Do you include anyone on the roster? Now rules get "fuzzy" and it doesn't work.

The full replay may be the only fair way to do it, despite the ridiculousness of it at first glance.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is what I was thinking, too. As unfair it is to both teams, there really is no other way. Not like it's the league's fault.

Can we still lynch Big Bag over this?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is what I was thinking, too. As unfair it is to both teams, there really is no other way. Not like it's the league's fault.

Can we still lynch Big Bag over this?[/QUOTEsybe we will gave to get cloughie involved instead
Take the spotters
That's the only fair way
Rematch gurps army loose 4-2

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't heard anything yet about this...guess we will find out the details tonight at practice...

Having said that replaying the whole game seems a bit much....but not sure what else the league can do??? Play two 15 min halfs then on to pk's?

Peace Arch only had one or two subs so there lineup was pretty much on at the time...I know for our team the lineup we had on at the end would pretty much be the same retaking the pk's.

Tough decision for the league...

Guess we better lay off the butter chicken on Tuesday....

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The PAU keeper was none other than TTP legend HOS aka Hands of Stone.....

Good idea by the way. That stuff makes you sleepy!!
cj comes from the Land where butter chicken was invented ....

Glasgow . Scutterland

In 1977
I'm sure hos will love some:cool:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The referee does record who has taken the PK's, but does not record who's still on the pitch. All the players are instructed to stay on the field afterwards so that there's no confusion. ....
The full replay may be the only fair way to do it, despite the ridiculousness of it at first glance.

used to be that if there was a reply, it was only the people on the GAME DAY roster who could play it... don't think that's the rule anymore.... Also, you'd think the league would take this game as an indication of what could happen in the future, and have the ref take names of everyone on the pitch eligible to take a PK PRIOR to the first shot... that way they could have just had the PK's taken another day... Also, it used to be a FEFIFO rule that in the group round of world cup, if two teams tied in every category, they would have the teams meet just for PK's and the players on the park at the end of the game when they played originally, were the only eligible players to take them... replaying a full game, and allowing players who weren't there in the first game is ridiculous!

Personally, I think ifthey couldn't establish a winner.... they both default... PA Dragons should get the bye ... and who wants to play that game anyway..... Sunday 8 pm, or 10 am ... seriously... worstest stooopudist times for games ever...

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I think ifthey couldn't establish a winner.... they both default... PA Dragons should get the bye ... and who wants to play that game anyway..... Sunday 8 pm, or 10 am ... seriously... worstest stooopudist times for games ever...

Candidate for dumbest comment of the year....

t united 99

Feb 3, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got notice from the league that the game will be played in full with any registered players. Oh well, another night to have a few pints with the boys.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got notice from the league that the game will be played in full with any registered players. Oh well, another night to have a few pints with the boys.

Interesting Decision. While different league I recall a decision in the VMSL this year where a team played 45mins before a field conflict and the game was to be continued where it left off which directly contradicts fifa abandonement rules although I have heard the VMSL has a 70min or so rule (not sure if true). I know games in the VMSL in the past no where fully played have been restarted. I also recall a College Championship game years ago having just the penalties replayed after there was an issue of an ineligable player involved.

Seems like when an issue of abandonement arises regardless of league there appears to be no clear rule applied and rather it is decided on a case by case basis which has to be quite frustrating for teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0