Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL MASTERS CUP 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy_Mexy

Jan 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what happens when the top 6 teams are drawn against each other in the first two rounds of the cup. Depending on the draw should be a cake walk for Poco and PA to the final. Hope at least the final is between two premier teams. Would be an absolute joke to have any div 1 team make the final.

the fact of the matter is you have to win the games are dealt to you. you have an entire season to win or earn a spot for the provincials. if you rely on a cup run to get your ticket there is not logic. most teams are somewhat water down during the season. for cup games you know everyone is going to show up.

would you like to see a Masters Prem cup instead?

all teams have about 12 games to use the club system. pick and choose who you need for a cup run.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Aldergrove - Great game, could have gone either way, and a classy, clean bunch of lads.

Props to the guys on our Premier Team who continue to show up and play their asses off each week.
They don't deserve what's happening to them right now.
Not to take anything away from the Caps though - They worked very hard and deserved the result.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would be an absolute joke to have any div 1 team make the final.

If they win their way in, which I think is the only way to get there then they deserve it.
That is the luck of the draw and (as someone mention earlier) you have to beat the teams you are matched up against.

in the wings

Jan 20, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
If a div 1 team makes the final.....hopefully they finish strong as it is there 1 & only chance to
pull off a provincial berth from FVSL Division 1 Masters division . good luck all !

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons win a barn burner by the looks of it of over PAU.

I wonder if that means anything for cup tied players.

mastermind

Nov 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what happens when the top 6 teams are drawn against each other in the first two rounds of the cup. Depending on the draw should be a cake walk for Poco and PA to the final. Hope at least the final is between two premier teams. Would be an absolute joke to have any div 1 team make the final.

Don't think that "joke" is an appropriate description 4St. Never underestimate any opponent my friend. Truth be told that the top 5 or 6 Div 1 teams could all compete in the Prem Div. Whatever team you are on, I hope we get the chance to prove that. BTW all, BRING ON THE DRAGONS!!!!!!!

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't think that "joke" is an appropriate description 4St. Never underestimate any opponent my friend. Truth be told that the top 5 or 6 Div 1 teams could all compete in the Prem Div. Whatever team you are on, I hope we get the chance to prove that. BTW all, BRING ON THE DRAGONS!!!!!!!
I'm
Sure your squad are the favorite to win this one…
Anyhow at least NSF have one team still in the cup,good luck against whom u draw!hopefully it's not poco Castillions but dominion as you own them

Sid

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If they draw Dominion things might be worse for them than if they drew Castillians. They got a lucky draw and are playing Langley B by the looks of it.

Good game between Dominion and Peace arch United could have gone either way but Poco with a missed PK came up on the wrong side of a 1-0 game. Good luck to Peace arch United they are going to need it against the much better Castillian side.

BrianPicard

Feb 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers RF! an absolute disappointment but not a surprise based on our numbers all year. To the guys that played short all night well done! F@$king sucks being apart of a trial run and a building process and getting the shite kicked out of us every week certainly isnt selling next year at all. Well done to the Div 1 boys fun game to watch and a spirited 90 it was for sure over a good Aldergrove squad. Looks like Golf season starts a little earlier this year, Good luck to all remaining!

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I assume you play for the Thunder.

Let's review your cup draw so far....first round bye, 2nd round you played the mighty PA Rangers and now in the 1/4's you play the juggernaut (Langley M1).

You'll get to the semi's without playing a premier team or even a top half M1 team.....that is a JOKE.

If you are so lucky and face either of Poco / PA / ND or Temple - you will have your ass handed to you - that I guarantee.

I play for Delta and we had the unfortunate luck of drawing Poco in the 2nd round - we lost 2-1.....I can only dream of having your cupcake draw

4ST OUT!!!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quarter Final Draw

Mstrs Cup, 1/4 finals

Peace Arch Utd Alumni - M1 - Poco Castilians FC - MP, South Surrey Ath Park Sun 10am
Langley Utd Alumni B - M1 - NFS Thunder - M1 Willoughby TURF EAST at 5pm
Peace Arch Dragons - MP - North Delta SC Rangers - MP Minoru Oval TURF Sun 6pm
Surrey FC Caps - M1 - Surrey FC Temple Utd - MP Newton TURF #1 Fri 8.30pm

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Truth be told that the top 5 or 6 Div 1 teams could all compete in the Prem Div. Whatever team you are on, I hope we get the chance to prove that.

Not a chance. See Langley Prem and Temple - promoted from Div 1 last year.
That was the top 2 - the four teams that finished behind them wouldn't have done any better.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's whats left of the Masters Cup 2012
(Standings ranking in parentheses)

Poco Castilians - MP (1)
Peace Arch Dragons - MP (3)
NDSC Rangers - MP (4)
Surrey FC Temple - MP (5)

Peace Arch United Alumni - M1 (2)
NFS Thunder - M1 (6)
Langley Alumni B - M1 (8)
Surrey FC Caps - M1 (13)

I would hazard a guess that most of the teams from Div 1 will struggle against a Masters Premier team since it's the top ranked teams Premier and mid level Div 1 teams, but you never know.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Quarter Final Draw

Looks like bored is up on things quicker than i am.
There's the next round people.

Discuss!

Mstrs Cup, 1/4 finals

Peace Arch Utd Alumni - M1 - Poco Castilians FC - MP, South Surrey Ath Park Sun 10am
Langley Utd Alumni B - M1 - NFS Thunder - M1 Willoughby TURF EAST at 5pm
Peace Arch Dragons - MP - North Delta SC Rangers - MP Minoru Oval TURF Sun 6pm
Surrey FC Caps - M1 - Surrey FC Temple Utd - MP Newton TURF #1 Fri 8.30pm

Peace Arch Dragons - MP - North Delta SC Rangers - MP OUCH!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mastermind is out of his mind.

The Castilians aside, the single biggest difference between the two leagues is the level of commitment and dedication. The Castilians are loaded w/ talent and are dedicated. MP is far more competitive, and guys playing at that level are still dedicating a significant amount of training to the endeavor. It’s a much fitter division. Of course, there is a higher overall skill level there, too…but I’d argue that there are a lot of very skilled and capable players in M1 that choose not to play MP…more so than there are, say, Premier capable players playing in Open Div. 1 instead of Open Premier.

Anyhow, to say that the top 5 M1 teams could compete in MP is nonsense. This year’s cup is all about the draw…some of us got a great draw…others didn’t. It’s the way it goes.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think if you moved the top 5 or 6 teams from div 1 to premier they would compete most weeks.

4st do you think if you had a more favorable draw you could have won the cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0