Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters 2008/09] October Results, Predictions & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers and Geu had thier usual Slug Fest....That being said i really do like those boys! They Battle Hard every game.

It's nice to have a deep bench today and having many quailty boys ready to step in when thier number is called...We were a little flat but i had Barry, Wilkie, Zaurini, Klaassen, and so on sitting on the Bench and Ready to go.

Wilkie and Zaurini went in late in the first have to help create a very nice Big Goal by Z..(game winner i think.;))

After that we really did play some nice stuff and all four goals were really well taken.Wilkie with two, Z with a winner, and Barry with another nicely taken finish.

Big Frase played a very solid game back there today along with Moores and McCaw. (Yes young Stevie Mitchell and Jeff K were solid)

After the Match both teams went up top for good old fashion Z BBQ...

Z cooked a nice Pasta along with the Billy Jackson Moose Burgers....

Brownguy followed that up with his World Famous Tandori Chops...Wow!

CJ HOS came through with a nice Big Keg of Granville Island beer for the boys..As always CJ, top notch.

Again.....Great day for both teams after the match....That being said GEU battled and fought all day long.

Lastly....Nice to see Mr Stabler out there scouting another one of our games.:rolleyes:

Let's Go Rangers!!!!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great afternoon of football at the NAP yesterday topped off with a cracker BBQ upstairs after the match. 4-0 was the final, in a hard battle by both teams.

But it gets tougher for the Rangers in the last two weeks of this first half season, we have PAU White on friday, they are just back of us, and then finish off with a tough road game vs. Delta, first place on the line.
What is most interesting is the battle to get into top 6, it sounds like the league will be split into Top and Bottom 6 for the second half, so if you are not in the top 6, kiss a BC spot goodbye. I guess there is allways a Masters Cup Win for the third spot, but who knows how that will be set up.

Division Masters # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Delta Metro Utd 9 7 2 0 33 9 23
2 SFC Rangers 9 7 1 1 42 6 22
3 PAU White 8 5 2 1 27 6 17
4 Mission Blues 8 5 1 2 28 13 16
5 Aldergrove Utd 9 4 4 1 29 10 16
6 PAU Blue 9 4 1 4 21 15 13
7 LUFC All Blacks 9 3 2 4 20 16 11
8 GEU Thunder 9 2 5 2 11 11 11
9 Sikh Utd Eagles 9 2 2 5 12 22 8
10 White Rock Utd 9 1 2 6 7 32 5
11 Abb Anc Mariners 9 1 1 7 5 46 4
12 PAU Rangers 9 0 1 8 4 53 1

hos

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can the FVSL find any more ways to grab more money. We just lost points and a fine because our two call ups from div.3 showed their drivers license in a game against P.Arch. There IDs were there by half but it was too late. Does the VMSL have the same rules as this bush league.

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well you can deduct 3 points fro the Allblacks...the FVSL ruled today that we played a suspended player and are subject to a 3 point deduction.

Heres a question for everyone...I am pissed right now and am in need of input. Tell me what you think.

Scott Kemp recieved a RED card against the Rangers. Automatic 1 game suspension upon review. Sat out the Game against GEU then went to the FVSL comitee in which he was handed a 3 game suspension..so far so good right? Well, turns out the referee marked him into the GEU game and we never caught it..or crossed him off the list...our mistake I agree. The comittee called us to a review in which we stated our case...an administration error but reassured them that the player in question WAS NOT EVEN AT THE FIELD...Result = Thanks for coming, we don't believe you, 3 point deduction effectivly ending any chance we had of maiking it into the top 6.

I think a slap on the wrist including a fine whould have been appropriate for this type of administrative infraction...and a warning to tighten up the paper work or risk point deduction. Why would they have us appear when they clearly were not willing to take us on our word? Taking away 3 points from us when the player did not play, had no impact on the game and one in which we lost anyways?????

Be honest... :wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How can a referee 'mark' him in the game if he is not there when checking ID cards and numbers?

AS I understand it and have observed for the last too many years to count, the referee has always needed to cross reference the ID cards and team list. The referee does this by calling out the player's name. Anyone else aware of a different procedure?

Funny that this league is supposedly run by refs!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
twoleftfeet, seems like there is a conspiracy against the ALLBlacks!

I think a slap on the wrist including a fine whould have been appropriate for this type of administrative infraction...and a warning to tighten up the paper work or risk point deduction. Why would they have us appear when they clearly were not willing to take us on our word? Taking away 3 points from us when the player did not play, had no impact on the game and one in which we lost anyways?????

The biggest kick to the nut's here is the fact you guy's are losing 3 points for this infraction, when you lost the game that's in question!:eek:

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the League the name shouldn't even be ON the list if they are suspended.

The Ref did NOT check cards and even crossed of a player that DID play.

Also, we did not sign off on the list to confirm the information was correct. THERE IS NO "TEAM OFFICIAL" SIGNATURE on the Game Sheet which should have been done after the Manager returned and checked the information...are we responsible...yes...but so is the Ref for handing in an incomplete game sheet without proper signatures.

Might aswell go fcuking fishing. No wonder Surrey United went Metrosexual. :bronco:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are in a legit league now, not one filled with cheaters.

Too many WOPS though, I'll give you that.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you calling the WOPS cheaters, Mr.Base, you are in trouble now.
When is the next Columbus, Inter, or Cliff Ave. game vs. Slurrey?

hos

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My two bits.

I played for the young Rangers on Saturday.
Yes...keep your laughter to a minimum please. :D
Anyhow, Eddie and Kurt were all over policy.
They made sure we old guys had our ID cards prior to coming to the match.
We were calling Kenno from the field to make sure we didn't have excess permit players.
Stepchild was suspended and the boys made sure Andy Pinter had it disclosed on the team list.

Bottom line is they were very much dotting i's and crossing t's.

Get your shite together lads. ;)

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My two bits;
What is the point in putting hours & hours of our time into running teams when the FV executive constantley slaps you down for these bullshit infractions. Where are the ref's accountable for their cockups? Sometimes they want to see cards, sometimes they can't be bothered! The Fraser Valley Masters has become an absolute joke.
My money is on the AllBlacks moving to Metro; this really is the last straw.

Thanks FV Exec & Fcuk OFF!!!:mad:

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

You should see the premier thread mate ... wow, they're calling for BigBag's head.

You forgot to note that us young Rangers dominated with the veterans in the lineup.

So ... when's your transfer??

-Bollocks.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree. The day rec soccer starts feeling like a second job I am done. It's hard enough making a practice, making a game and trying to stay around for a few pints before the cell phone starts ringing wondering when I'll be home.

It's great that the league has a paid position, but most teams don't.

Papajoe

Apr 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
My two bits;
What is the point in putting hours & hours of our time into running teams when the FV executive constantley slaps you down for these bullshit infractions. Where are the ref's accountable for their cockups? Sometimes they want to see cards, sometimes they can't be bothered! The Fraser Valley Masters has become an absolute joke.

Do you really think Azzi is going to let you get away with the same infractions, please keep us posted i will be
interesting

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
My two bits;

I agree with you Bully B it's bullshit if you wanted to be sneaky and play a suspended player first thing you would have done is have him off the list. I say you deserve the three points back. If we are playing a team someone on our team knows who is suspended on the other team. It's like a strata council common sense doesn't come into effect. Anyhow with age comes wisdom :D Or some people really are this stupid;)

$$$MAN

$$$MAN

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's great that the league has a paid position, but most teams don't.

That is a very good point mate.
You're not as dumb as you look. ;)
Which is why most people can't understand why fines weren't used here instead of points.
Take the money to pay for the administration and everyone would be fine with it.
When it hits the pocket book it's a good kick in the nuts but no one wants to win championships when points were docked from teams for, IMHO, minor infractions.

By the way, as Bollocks said, we dominated you Saturday. :wa:

Bully:
Don't leave us bud.
We like whipping your ass too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0