Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL] Knights League Cup 2006

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
Drink too much, care too little and never had any skill but teams are willing to sign me because I am quality around the beer cooler.

Your turn.

Ahhh Roo your a good shite !

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice game Bluenose. Great early goals. That big guy has a real nice touch for a Wookie, :).We took too long to get into the game, and it cost us. Good luck the rest of the way.

PS Roo ¥ou really are a good shite

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We got bounced from the cup tonight in a 3-2 shootout loss to White Rock United.

We out chanced them probably 15-2 but were completely unable to finish anything including a Pk early in the game. We had most of the possesion and WRU simply backed into their own end.

Great job to fight for a win however and their keeper made important saves when he had too.

We also sucked on ass in the shootout as well...

I suppose Trinity Western is next up for WRU, Since Trinity can actually finish I predict a 4-Nil win for the TWU boys.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
Drink too much, care too little and never had any skill but teams are willing to sign me because I am quality around the beer cooler.

Your turn.
Got one thing to say to that.... "upside down, buy a round!" ... and STD is truly the king in this beerdrinkingactivity, and the real reason you're so sought after by teams everywhere to play for them...

Although this year you did fall off quite a bit, and may find youself "benched/restricted" from the beer cooler... One game left to redeem yourself with a few "upsidedown" tosses!! You should be getting out this week and training like for it this :wa: :knvb: :bronco: for the weekend... oh ... nevermind, you already train like that. :rolleyes:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
GURU

Just thought with all you and your teams posts, you guys were a little more in to it than you lead on. Oh well its all good. We have had great battles with the Celtic for the last 3 years. Lots of respect going to you guys. Carry on.

At the start of the year I would have thought so as well... but I think for the most part we lacked a lot of respect for the rest of the group.... I think Group C has been much improved this year from last, and definately the better of the 3 groups ... IMO. It'll be much the same next year I suspect...

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
At the start of the year I would have thought so as well... but I think for the most part we lacked a lot of respect for the rest of the group.... I think Group C has been much improved this year from last, and definately the better of the 3 groups ... IMO. It'll be much the same next year I suspect...

It does seem that the top teams of 2A and 2B are strong but some of the teams around mid-pack are weak. I would say that 2C is pretty strong throughout. It was a pretty fun competitive season.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
I think Group C has been much improved this year from last, and definately the better of the 3 groups ... IMO. It'll be much the same next year I suspect...

Interesting. I was just brousing the FVSL website and noticed that of the final 8 teams, 3 are from 2A, 3 are from 2B, 1 from 3 and 1 from the strongest group of all in 2C.

I just thought is was interesting.

JTL

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its funny because last year the exact same conversation went on all year. 2c is the strongest all around wait until the cup. semi-final comes around and its all 2a and 2b. promotion tourny comes around and the 2C champ gets blown out 5-1, 5-0 by the other 2 div 2 teams. Its simple really 2C is the most evenly matched, because you are all mid-pack teams. Interesting that this year seems to be shaping up the same way. Although Guru and Cetic would be a top team in div 1 if they tried:rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad said:
Interesting. I was just brousing the FVSL website and noticed that of the final 8 teams, 3 are from 2A, 3 are from 2B, 1 from 3 and 1 from the strongest group of all in 2C.

JTL

That is funny but it might be the fact that 2c played each other in cup play goofs.

Look at schedule next time and see who 2c played in the cup.:rolleyes:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad said:

JTL
That IS interesting JTL... but since we knocked each other out, and 2A and 2B knocked out all the div 3 teams (barely) maybe that's the reason....

HandJive: I don't remember any such talk about 2C being the best last year.... just evenly distributed... also, our top 11 would kick your ass.... and my dad can beat up your mom :rolleyes:

glasgowkiss

Oct 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
there were 10 teams from each of 2a & 2c in the knights cup. only 8 teams from 2b. 4 still remain, the 4 that are gone, 2 were eliminated by other 2b teams (poco beat clones, coachmen beat bearcats) so there goes your theory, goof!

glasgowkiss

Oct 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
That is funny but it might be the fact that 2c played each other in cup play goofs.

Look at schedule next time and see who 2c played in the cup.:rolleyes:

did YOU check the schedule??

dynamo- lost to wru 2a
hades- lost to poco utd 2b
nationals - lost to coachmen 2b
arsenal & poco athletic- lost to nd titans 2a
geu titans - lost to krank'd 3rd div

goof

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
glasgowkiss said:
there were 10 teams from each of 2a & 2c in the knights cup. only 8 teams from 2b. 4 still remain, the 4 that are gone, 2 were eliminated by other 2b teams (poco beat clones, coachmen beat bearcats) so there goes your theory, goof!

Ya.... so there.... :wa: :wa: :wa:
No one give a rats ass dick breath... but even by that theory, it doesn't mean that the teamss from 2C or 2A weren't knocked out by teams in there own group.... get back to the site and get all the facts first, then up date us.... enquiring minds want to know....

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
glasgowkiss said:
did YOU check the schedule??

dynamo- lost to wru 2a
hades- lost to poco utd 2b
nationals - lost to coachmen 2b
arsenal & poco athletic- lost to nd titans 2a
geu titans - lost to krank'd 3rd div

goof

Ahhhhh that's better.... sorry for my late post..... I should have known you'd be one step ahead.... I think Tom Lardhead is looking for a good stats guy .... Send in your resumè :rolleyes:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
glasgowkiss said:
at your age everyone is one step ahead of you, LOL! my comments were directed to franchise. no offense, o wise one!

? ? ? ? At WHAT age :eek: .... I'm only 23 years old..... I think..... or is that 21... oh no... those are the kids..... man am I old :(

What was the middle thing again ? ? ?

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup play does not really dictate who is the strongest. It is a single knock out tourney. If you played the same team 2-3 times or a round robin with diff teams, maybe then you could see how well you do. League standings really show how good and consistant a team is. You cant have a bad game in the cup because you get eliminated. If you have a bad league game, its not over. Cup play really does not prove much. ND Titans won the dam thing last year. Although they played well, NDFC is still a better team and thats why they are in the first division. Make sense??

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
Cup play does not really dictate who is the strongest. It is a single knock out tourney. If you played the same team 2-3 times or a round robin with diff teams, maybe then you could see how well you do. League standings really show how good and consistant a team is. You cant have a bad game in the cup because you get eliminated. If you have a bad league game, its not over. Cup play really does not prove much. ND Titans won the dam thing last year. Although they played well, NDFC is still a better team and thats why they are in the first division. Make sense??

So, by that logic, league shows how good and consistent is, but you can afford to lose every now and then, and cup shows how... good and consistent you have to be? And winning consistently is never the true mark of a decent team, it's only indicator of what could happen if a team doesn't lose? Make sense??

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0