Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL] Knights League Cup 2006

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City Athletic 3 DFC Celtc 1. Ahhh that felt good.

DFC came out with lots of pressure and went up 1-0 on an OG about 15 minutes in. We tied it up with a great free kick about 22 yards out. Our second goal was a nice top corner shot from inside the 18. And our third one, the DFC keeper came out to the corner flag for some reason, our foward beat him to the ball skinned him and scored with an impossible(for me), shot. Tonnes of pressure from DFC in the last half as we hung onto our lead.

BTW thanks for the beer.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to Poco Athletic, that is quite the impressive victory, especially over DFC Celtic. it must have taken quite the effort to beat them and we will have to try to match that same intensity next week. if we come out the same way we did against arsenal, that scoreline would be overly flattering for us. good luck and see you next week.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:

DFC came out with lots of pressure and went up 1-0 on an OG about 15 minutes in. We tied it up with a great free kick about 22 yards out. Our second goal was a nice top corner shot from inside the 18. And our third one, the DFC keeper came out to the corner flag for some reason, our foward beat him to the ball skinned him and scored with an impossible(for me), shot. Tonnes of pressure from DFC in the last half as we hung onto our lead.

BTW thanks for the beer.

I'll bet that felt good. Good win for Poco, good luck the rest of the way. There was plenty of pressure but no finish, the Poco keeper made a few really good saves and DFC blew some very good chances. Other than the 3rd goal Poco did score 2 nice ones.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:

I blame the coach! :mad: MAN... what was he thinking ! !

Kudo's to Poco who came out and outworked the Celtic the entire game.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Guru

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF... we have yet to play our first cup game and it looks like we won't get to play this weekend either... anyone play on either bradner or abby storm div 3 - Why haven't you played yet?! maybe the leauge will schedual them during the week as I know bradner has a grass field with lights...

Cantuzzi

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
I'll bet that felt good. Good win for Poco, good luck the rest of the way. There was plenty of pressure but no finish, the Poco keeper made a few really good saves and DFC blew some very good chances. Other than the 3rd goal Poco did score 2 nice ones.
I guess your not superpoweredl after all;)

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sid said:
I guess your not superpoweredl after all;)
Who let Skid stain out o' the closet?! Why are you slumming on a div 2 thread?

Our superpowers are old and decrepit now !

Our chances -to-finish ratio this year is about 100 to 1... plenty of chances, no finish. There hasn't been 1 game this year that we shouldn't have won by several goals, but the reality of it is that we couldn't put the ball in the net when we had the chance... and the opposition did finish too many times, making almost all our games close ones. At the other end, the oppositions ratio was about 4 to 1... pretty pathetic at both ends, but no one seems to realy give a damn. At this stage of most of our careers, and at this level (Div 2), it's about the beer and just knockin the ball around, and hopefully the younger guys will pick up some good soccer knowledge and skills. Right now they're all piss and vinagar, fast, but lack a lot of common sense, good technical skills and field vision. That will rub off from the older guys.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:

Our chances -to-finish ratio this year is about 100 to 1... plenty of chances, no finish. There hasn't been 1 game this year that we shouldn't have won by several goals, but the reality of it is that we couldn't put the ball in the net when we had the chance... and the opposition did finish too many times, making almost all our games close ones. At the other end, the oppositions ratio was about 4 to 1... pretty pathetic at both ends, but no one seems to realy give a damn. At this stage of most of our careers, and at this level (Div 2), it's about the beer and just knockin the ball around, and hopefully the younger guys will pick up some good soccer knowledge and skills. Right now they're all piss and vinagar, fast, but lack a lot of common sense, good technical skills and field vision. That will rub off from the older guys.
to much coffee this morning gurtenguru

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:

I only partially agree with you here Guru. It is only div 2 soccer and a good part of the game is playing with friends and in your case family. But out of all the people on here no one posts more than the Celtic. You were the first on here to go off about you guys are unstopable and you WILL win this, and WILL beat them. However, you boys had your share of slips on the way. For a team thats dominates so much as you guys like to put it, you have actually showed that you can be beat and upset. Take your cup game for instance...knocked out by POCO, come on. I would say that is a pretty big slip. Dont get me wrong, you guys have a great team and had a great season. But not speaking for myself I would have to think that some people on TTP are extremely happy to see that you guys are actually human. Coughing up some points lately and an early exit from the cup must have put smiles on some peoples faces including myself. The Celtic has had DMU's number this year and I think out of all teams, your the last team I wanted to see in the cup. Good luck against the Dynamo and congrats on your season. Thanks to you and LUFC for an exciting finish for the 2C table.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC

I actually don't disagree with anything you wrote here. And if you had of heard me talk before the Poco game, you could have read between the lines that I would be happy for Poco to beat us... at training two days before (and Bored and Sliver can corroborate this) I said I hope Poco beats us... I even think I said 3 nil.... which wasn't far off.... and I would pop another own goal to ensure them a win... I've been so pissed at the lack of effort and intensity on our team. I know I shouldn't get riled at that, because I'm well aware that at the beginning of the year it was decided we wouldn't take it too seriously, but training isn't even training... it's walking around waiting till our field time is up, then pounding beer after beer. Point is, I did say we dominated games, but that's "puck possesion"... not scoring. Anyone who says we don't own possesion most games by 70 % is crazy. Not all games, but most. Fact is, we don't dominate on the scoreboard, so it's not looked at as dominating games. But check out our record: http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/standings/06.htm 1 loss in the opener, most goals for, goals against are less than half that, and we don't have a keeper. And we always find a way to win in the end. Personally, it would be a load off to lose to LUFC, then all the chatter of whether we're going to 1st would be a moot point. The way we play, we'd stink in 1st. However, I have no doubt if the players we have were serious and trained, we'd be top of 1st. They are that good.... and that bad:eek:

You're also right about the chirping by us here over the past few months, but isn't that what it's all about here?! I've trashed and bugged Canuckboy a few times this year, but all in the TTP manner, nothing personal, cuz I think he's a great guy. Poco played a hell of a game against us, and wanted it much more than we did. They played as a team very well, and they had nothing to lose. I think we out played them a little even in that game, but they wanted it more, and they left it all on the park.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic are just saving themselves so that we don't peak to early. Wait and see we'll be unstoppable when it really matters. When's that again Guru, our inspirational leader.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
Celtic are just saving themselves so that we don't peak to early. Wait and see we'll be unstoppable when it really matters. When's that again Guru, our inspirational leader.
April 29th.... Co-ed :rolleyes: ... and you can go back to wearing those ugly yellow socks....

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GURU

Just thought with all you and your teams posts, you guys were a little more in to it than you lead on. Oh well its all good. We have had great battles with the Celtic for the last 3 years. Lots of respect going to you guys. Carry on.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
who won aldergrove port moody last night... I'm guessing aldergrove cause PM hasn't been on here updating us on how good they are....

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
GURU

Just thought with all you and your teams posts, you guys were a little more in to it than you lead on. Oh well its all good. We have had great battles with the Celtic for the last 3 years. Lots of respect going to you guys. Carry on.

I can't speak for all of us but I think we mostly post to try and get a reaction out of some nit witted half brain just to pass time. Truth be told most of us came out to play for Celtic to not have to be too serious this year. When guys step on the field the competitive spirit takes over and we get frustrated that we aren't playing well which is because we don't take things seriously before the game. Then Guru goes on some rant about one thing or another (not to sure what it's about because I never listen) then we all agree we are the worste team to ever play soccer but by the six beer we are the best once again so we feel the need to post it. Hope that clears things up and Btw what your excuse for being so bad this year or was this a good year for you?

The Rob this post was off topic so lets see them boobies.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
I can't speak for all of us but I think we mostly post to try and get a reaction out of some nit witted half brain just to pass time. Truth be told most of us came out to play for Celtic to not have to be too serious this year. When guys step on the field the competitive spirit takes over and we get frustrated that we aren't playing well which is because we don't take things seriously before the game. Then Guru goes on some rant about one thing or another (not to sure what it's about because I never listen) then we all agree we are the worste team to ever play soccer but by the six beer we are the best once again so we feel the need to post it. Hope that clears things up and Btw what your excuse for being so bad this year or was this a good year for you?

From what I have seen I would say your a terrible player and I think you should be asking yourself why you are so bad before you can ask us!

NUTTER#13

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cantuzzi said:
who won aldergrove port moody last night... I'm guessing aldergrove cause PM hasn't been on here updating us on how good they are....

Aldergrove 3 Port Moody 0

How the fukc Aldergrove beat the Gunners is beyond me.
I thought they were the team to beat? So much for 2A being the dominant group. By the way DFC Coachmen 3 ND Nats 2
Back to the final 8 again.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 2-1 Poco

a very straight forward game, we scored two very early and sat back, almost to our own demise, but we pulled it out barely. on to the next round and, by the sound of things, to aldergrove

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
From what I have seen I would say your a terrible player and I think you should be asking yourself why you are so bad before you can ask us!

Drink too much, care too little and never had any skill but teams are willing to sign me because I am quality around the beer cooler.

Your turn.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0