Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL general bullshite

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is horrible. And quite the conspiracy. It is a horrible conspiracy.

Peter Poklington was behind this, was he?

As long as it doesn't involve me.

I'm a poet and don't even realize it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought that was funny too!

It won't be much of a hate-on (at least from the SFC Cat side), because most of the players that supposedly will be playing (I am only speculating, because I have no idea what the line-up will be- just know who won't be playing) will have had no history with the Storm at all. I expect the Storm will be very fired up, though.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
getting this off my chest

I can't beleive that in 3 months the two leagues couldn't get together to organize one game of soccer. After all the mouthing off and much anticipation we still have not managed to play an All Star game. Now we have to go another year being shite on by the VMSL posers. I hope that it wasn't the FVSL who couldn't get their shite together. Anyone know what the real 'excuse' was for not playing this game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey LeJaques,

What do you think about doing something like this here? You could make it for, say, Premier, div 1, and div 2. I don't know if Regs would want to put up another $100.00, but perhaps the best little Irish Restaurant in Surrey, Kelly O'Bryan's would be willing to donate to the cause?:eek:

Ranger really loves me now!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will put up another $100 for the premiership here as well...

Give me a second to set-up the threads...

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very cool. :D

I suggested the three divisions though, to get the number of teams up. Maybe only Div 1 & Premier???

Just a suggestion. Only 8 teams in Premier makes it a little easy...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
http://www.takethepiss.com/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1947

We'll see how it goes... I don't have $100 to throw around for the lower divisions, plus it would become a nightmare for the TTP staff in keeping track of all the different results and standings.

The premiership should be the top dog in the FVSL so lower division players should get involved anyways and keep track.

Or some other reason that I'll think up once Dude whinges again :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whinge #2

Regsi,

Same pot, combining both divisions. Not $100.00 each. Personally, I'd be happy with a basket of Pachos, and a pint of Guinness!:cool:

Should be fun, regardless.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gambling???

I think this is how Pete Rose and the 1919 Black Sox all got started.

I'm not sure I'm willing to risk my Hall of Fame induction over some soggy Belly O'Brien Pacho's.;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After all the BS involving the Storm, the Club has opted to keep the young kids in U-21 & Div. 3. Not Cat team for SFC.

Can I have ketchup with my bird?:eek:

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ketchup...No

Sorry, its Fear Factor style. Raw.

What is that all about? Why have a CAT div when only 5 of 8 Premier teams have CAT teams.

I thought you were referring to the fact you picked Poco tonite over the Highlanders.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, here's my opinion...

Ideally, I would like to see the club have a "Cat team" stocked with the best young players in the club: U-21 guys, graduating players, and even youth players (17-18 year olds) whom physically may be ready to make the jump. I think that's how the system works best- having those young players involved with the Premier team as far as training together and getting call-ups. I feel a Cat team / system can only work if the players in Cat want to play Premier. This is why, I think, the Royals turned down the Cat spot- they are mostly familly guys (25-30 years old), and would prefer just to stay together and try to earn a 1st div spot.

That all said, it is pretty evident the club's back was up against the wall. Kenny put a team in the Cat under "Peg B", with the expectation that the Storm would have a change of heart. Once that fell through, there was the problem of coaching- nobody to actually coach and run a Cat team. Not enough time to work out the ideal solution, I guess. Peter has said he'll still bring up the odd U-21 kid to check things out- treat them as Cat players. The club has the players...it was just a personnel challenge that couldn't be met (I assume).

"Order for Dude- one plate of West Nile infested crow!"

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice back tracking

It sounds like the club dropped the pacho. From the moment the Rangers needed to go Div1, you kind of new there was going to be a problem.

Me thinks AU Razor is going to be quoting the Dude about clubs getting their shite together.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0