Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL] Division One Cup?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, now i know where all the rest of the PDD (or CAT) teams are as far as the cup play goes.
All the teams, except for PAU PDD are in this cup, whatever it is.

Can anyone explain this and why we arent' playing in the Pak Cup or Knights, and why PAU is the only privileged team?

While we're waiting, here's the draw:

Round 1
Game 1 - Whalley United Hurricanes vs North Delta Lions PDD
Game 2 - Dewdney FC Razorbacks PDD vs Langley United FC PDD
Game 3 - Chilliwack Rapids PDD vs GN Sikh United PDD
Game 4 - Sporting FC vs GEU Crusaders

Round 2
Game 5 - Whalley Rangers vs Winner Game 2
Game 6 - Delta Metro United PDD vs Winner Game 4
Game 7 - Golden Ears United SC PDD vs Winner Game 1
Game 8 - Poco City Dominion PDD vs Winner Game 3

Semi-finals
Winner Game 5 vs Winner Game 6
Winner Game 7 vs Winner Game 8

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I understood from last year, it was each club's decision in CAT and Div 1 as to wether they would play in the Pak or Div 1 cup. Personally, I think it's pretty pointless, but that's just me.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So where did this Div 1 cup come from?
Correct me if i'm wrong (and quite possibly i am) but didn't it used to be that if you weren't in the PAK you were in Knights?
Why start a whole new CUP?

I know that we wanted to be in the PAK cup, coach included, so that's why i don't understand why we are not.

Any league reps care to fill us in on this?

Thanks

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So i'm guessing that the only reason there is only 1 team from the PDD division in the Pak Cup is because they won the league last year.
Can anyone confirm?
Or are they the only ones who put themselves in?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the reason that a new cup was started for the teams that didn't want to enter the Pak would be that Div. 1 and Cat teams sign "A" forms. Div. 2 down sign "B" forms. They are eligible for the "B" Provincials whereas anyone who signs an "A" form isn't. Therefore can't play in the Knights Cup.

Makes you wonder why they didn't just stick them in the Pak draw though. Why not?

Anyone excited about their Div. 1 Cup games this weekend?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure there are teams eagerly awaiting a meaningless Cup game this weekend

Here are the games for those who care:

Sunday Div. 1 / PDD Cup
Sporting FC vs GEU Crusaders - Erma Stephenson 12 noon
Whalley Untd vs North Delta PDD - Kwantlen Upper 12 noon
Chilliwack PDD vs GN Sikh United PDD - Townsend "C" 12 noon
Dewdney FC PDD vs Langley PDD - Ron Ralph South 12 noon

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as I'm concerned, about as meaninful as the President's Cup. I think the reason they created this was to give the Cat teams something. Some clubs disapprove of having Cat teams involved in the Pak, but at the end of the day, the players themselves want something to play for.

A flawed system at best.

Remember the good old days where everyone was entered in the Pak, and all but Premier were in the Presidents? I'd support a shorter schedule to go back to those days.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can only speak for the Langley Cat Bandits but we are pumped. Even had the game switched to accomodate our desire to set up a beer garden and fire up the concession as I know we will have the support given the magnitude of the cup clash.

Prediction, Bandits in PK's.

Big Ern

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack PDD onto second round thanks to GN's second no-show in the Wack this season...sure hope this group stays as a Premier entry next season :rolleyes:
Go POCO!
Go Dewds!
Go Whalley!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth to make a special appearance in tommorrows GEU cup game. Bring out the oxygen and keep a close eye on your women . I'm just wondering how I should celebrate my goal I score? I'm past pulling the shirt off or necking with a surrey trollop on the sidelines so fellas I really don't know what to do? Any ideas???

RAGE

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
Girth to make a special appearance in tommorrows GEU cup game. Bring out the oxygen and keep a close eye on your women . I'm just wondering how I should celebrate my goal I score? I'm past pulling the shirt off or necking with a surrey trollop on the sidelines so fellas I really don't know what to do? Any ideas???

Don't count your eggz b 4 they hatch sweet heart, the goal you'll be scoring will be the one trying to find a woman to neck?.....

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
the only positive outlook about being out of the PAK cup is that we are not the Surrey Eagles, I mean Sporting. Fukc off!:) :D Good luck bitches in the Div 1 cup.

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone from sporting....

why the FCUK are u guys in the Div. 1 Cup...i wanted to see u guys dominate some premier teams and make this a great pakenham cup...u guys are probably gonna be coming on here after your games and saying u dominated some CAT team hahaha...fcuken losers

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep, weak sauce Sporting. Rage, you actually flew out to play in this Cup? No disrespect to the Cat teams in it, who make the best out of the situation, but you guys talk a lot of shite, but make zero attemp to back it up.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 4 GEU 1
Tough game for GEU with only 10 men in this one and to finish with 9 men for the last 20 mins due to a red card. Girth with zero goals ,zero chances of necking with the surrey trollops but came close to some action with # 15 on sporting as after he scored his goal he was running backwards celebrating the glorious strike (which toe punted past our keeper) and ran right into me nearly winding himself ? Anyways Sporting deserved the win and good luck in the next round.

Flash20

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i predict an upset win by delta metros cat team over sporting in the next round....sporting fcuking sucks

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0