Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Division One] 2005/06 Rumors and Scuttlebut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are a little over a month to the start of another winter season. Time for the silly season rumors and such. :D

Heard any?

Rangers have picked up a few new guys. A former PAU star. A VERY former VMSL star, and an ex Ranger back into the fold. Can't tell you who though. It's a secret.

Anybody else?

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL Division One Rumors and Scuttlebut.

DMU Highlanders will be signing somewhere in the vicinity of 5 - 13 FVSL Prem/CAT players from various teams...of course I can't name names at this point that would be wrong... ;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2005/06 FVSL Division One Rumors and Scuttlebut.

Yes Milhouse - Far be it from you to name names of people when the rumour mill is churning. :rolleyes:

It's just not your style is it? ;)

Give it up - Who you poaching?

What's up with Div. 1 this year?
Do we have a GEU contender or not as a result of the Premier team realignment out in Maple Ditch?
Will Port Moody ever get back to the level of play they showed that one magical Sunday night two years ago? :D
Will North Delta, with two teams in the division now, (I think?) do any damage and impact in the division?

We appear to be rebuilding as a result of last year's sub par performance.
Look for more depth, and age, as we do, out of us as we continue to try and rid ourselves of cancer.
I mean Stepchild.

:p

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

There is only one North Delta team in div.1 now, as the Players were relegated. NDFC is a solid squad, if they stay healthy, they should definately impact the division.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rangerforever said:
What's up with Div. 1 this year?
Do we have a GEU contender or not as a result of the Premier team realignment out in Maple Ditch?

:p

Far from it....this team will struggle.......there a solid bunch of guys mostly from u21 and div 2 rams.....no premier guys or div 1 Knights on this team. There hoping to stay a float and gather experience.

We (Wolves) beat them 2-1 the other night.

The Premier squad is very solid.....and they will win the cat division without much problem.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Milhouse said:
DMU Highlanders will be signing somewhere in the vicinity of 5 - 13 FVSL Prem/CAT players

The vicinity of 5-13.. Thats a large window.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

suburbanator said:
The vicinity of 5-13.. Thats a large window.

With that many potential signings, really has to open up the line of questioning to: What sort of chemistry will DMU have with potentially so many new signings? They didn't have such a bad season last, with the main issue seeming to be a lack of finish, with 7 ties on their record. Seems a bit rash to bring in what is being reported to be possibly near an entire new starting 11 :rolleyes: . Suppose what the truth is remains to be seen in the coming weeks.

~Shaven

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeh Milhouse why are you replacing all of us? We tried our best wasn't that good enough?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard that the Hurricanes as well as GN have pulled out of the FVSL, jumping ship to the VMSL.

This may just be a rumour, but GN merging with Pegasus in Div 1, and Hurricanes in Div 2 VMSL.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard that GN/Peg merge as well but also heard that it was a no-go as GN was insisting on having their 'club name' as a part of the official team name, ie, something like GN Sporting Pegasus.

Don't like it and the person I was talking to wasn't exactly enamoured (sp?) with it either...

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Apparently GN Sporting are trying to merge with either Pegasus or Khalsa. I have also heard that the Hurricanes might buy Khalsa's spot in Div 1 if they fold. I can't see the Hurricanes moving over to the VMSL Div 2, since it would nullify there promotion and be the same level as playing in the FVSL Div 2, like they did last year.

If GN Sporting and the Hurricanes do move to the VMSL this year, how would this affect the division alignment in the FVSL? My guess is Aldergrove would take the vacant premier spot, leaving 2 available spots in Div 1. The question would be if there are actually 2 willing teams who are competitive enough to occupy these spots.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

LSD said:
. I can't see the Hurricanes moving over to the VMSL Div 2,

They already have according to the VMSL website. They have merged with another Div two team, and are registered as the Hurricanes.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know a few guys from the hurricanes and when I spoke too them a few weeks ago they said they were playing div 2 VMSL

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard the hurricanes have given up soccer and have decided to pursue a spot in the ultimate frisbee league. Can anyone confirm this rumour?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

GN...aspirations of grandeur. Shouldn't they dominate the FVSL Prem first before trying to earn promotion to the VMSL Prem? They will get thumped...way too soft.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

We have been approached by a few clubs to merge. To some it does seem to be a good idea because we wont have to worry about fielding a cat team. However, we have been in the FV league for a long time, and although our record has never been great there is a history here. The older guys in our club have got us to premier and we hope to eventually be one of the top teams in the division. There is no chance we will be leaving in the near future, and more importantly there is no chance we will erase our clubs history.

That being said, expect a new dynasty come to the FV in the coming weeks. Talks are in motion.......

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

kokanee said:
That being said, expect a new dynasty come to the FV in the coming weeks. Talks are in motion.......

Guess what? New winter season, same ol' Hurricanes...Plenty of style, very little substance. :rolleyes:

"Talks are in motion..."...what a cokc tease that is...talks are in motion to get Bertuzzi re-instated too, and we all know how quickly that's being taken care of... :rolleyes:

:D

~Shaven

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs said:
I heard that GN/Peg merge as well but also heard that it was a no-go as GN was insisting on having their 'club name' as a part of the official team name, ie, something like GN Sporting Pegasus.

Don't like it and the person I was talking to wasn't exactly enamoured (sp?) with it either...

GN wasnt the one that approached Peg, it was a Peg player who runs the team that approached acouple of us at the Nations Cup and asked us what we were going to do in the winter and if we were interested in joining. He also stated that they would change the name to GN Pegasus or Pegasus GN, BECAUSE they have close to 5 players, and we would be bringing over close to 9-10 players to them. Obviously we would want our name somehow associated if more than half the team would be GN players.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

shaven said:
Guess what? New winter season, same ol' Hurricanes...Plenty of style, very little substance. :rolleyes:

Shaven, you do know that kokanee plays on gn and was talking about how they will be the next team in the fvsl. The hurricanes have left, and will be playin in the vmsl next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts