Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results, Banter & Predictions October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 6 - Guildford 0

Strong outting for us tonight....Not much to talk about......clean game, could have been double digits but missed some glorious opportunites and hit a couple posts.

Made a good save early in the game and one half breakaway late to preserve the shutout.

2 and a half game shutout streak for me.......trying to extend that next week

royals123

Sep 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah while i play on the sundowner team and ron is still playing even though he can barely kick a ball, all is most ppl on the team are trying to re-live the glory days when they should actually be playing in a league that suits their age

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah while i play on the sundowner team and ron is still playing even though he can barely kick a ball, all is most ppl on the team are trying to re-live the glory days when they should actually be playing in a league that suits their age

Yikes, not bitterness there eh?

We played Guilford FC, aka the Coaches, and Slav plays for them he had not much positive to say about Sundowners and their 40 guys signed (by that I mean 28). Great to see guys from the GVSSL.

Ryan, I no one could decide if it was 6-0 or 7-0 :confused:

Oh well I guess we'll find out when the ref posts the score, speaking of the Ref, he was head and shoulders above any ref we've had to date. My kudos to him.

KJ

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
pacfic 1-2 rangers, they popped the winner with 10 minutes left after we had hit 4 posts and we were unable to generate any kind of sustained pressure. full credit to them for the win though, they battled hard with only one sub and finished the few scoring chances they had.

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heat 3-2 over Sundowners.Miserable day but unfinished chances could have sealed the deal a lot sooner.Kudos to the 'Downers,they battle to the end.A good bunch of guys!

antileno

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a good match, poco played a great game, had plenty of oppertunities to score and hit a lot of posts. The ref on the other hand was terrible, but at least he was equally shitty for both sides. I did like the card he handed out to #6 for diving though cause that guy was flopping all over the place the whole game.

Cheers

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 2- LUFC Athletica 0
Best team we have played so far,,Good guys great game till the end...
These guys are good enough to move up for sure...

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya it sounds like a bit of a shocker.We played the young guns 2 wks ago and i wasn't too impressed with them defensively.But......... they are young and will improve.They definitely deserve to be near the top of the standings,though.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya it sounds like a bit of a shocker.We played the young guns 2 wks ago and i wasn't too impressed with them defensively.But......... they are young and will improve.They definitely deserve to be near the top of the standings,though.

Well I guess they managed to let in only 5 goals in 7 games this season, so why be impressed? lol. I don't know much about them on the field, I know 3-4 of their guys because they have been in the club for a couple years now. Their Manager (Danny B) is a real standup kid, running the team well and I don't think he's even 20 yet. Does a good job and represents his team well.

They will be a MUCH improved team over the next couple years if they stick around, they are all pretty much born in 86/87/88/89. VERY young, hence the name I suppose. (1989? man I am old, I better take a close look at the sidelines in case there's any mom's I know... I would have been 16 when they were born.)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya 1-1 ,,they played well and I do see them moveing up soon..
We totally carried the play but could not finnish,,they countered a couple times to put us on our heels,,good guys and a good clean game,,They scored a beauty from a set kick off a header,,we managed a mucker ,,a few posts, our goalie was finnally tested and stood tall,,it was a good game,,,We should have shot more as i dont think we had 1 shot in the first half and we had the ball most of the time,,,Just not a good night for us...Credit to the Young Guns as they came out shootin..

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes young guns is right,very good team and i do see them movin up in the standings.They have a low goals against for a reason!Great game and very close! Gave us(acbc) a tough run,and caught us off guard,we almost pulled it off near the end with a couple off posts.Good luck the rest of the way lufc!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya 1-1 ,,they played well and I do see them moveing up soon....

Problem is even if they were to finish #2 in the division they'd still be buried behind your squad and possibly overlooked for promotion. A classic example of "luck of the draw" when it comes to divisional alignment. Anyhow its a little early to be talking of that, nice to see some good battles shaping up in the division, if you combined the top 10 teams from a,b,c you'd have a hell of a division.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No doubt. Caught the last ten mins of last night,and supposedly that was the ten mins that LUFC HAd the ball...

well done LUFC Boys.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Problem is even if they were to finish #2 in the division they'd still be buried behind your squad and possibly overlooked for promotion. A classic example of "luck of the draw" when it comes to divisional alignment. Anyhow its a little early to be talking of that, nice to see some good battles shaping up in the division, if you combined the top 10 teams from a,b,c you'd have a hell of a division.

Don't the top 2 teams in each group get promoted?

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think top 2...my teams chances arent looking so good after a 2-2 draw with Surrey Heat. A combination of them playing hard, us not finishing about 50 chances and a shite referee..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0