Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results, Banter & Predictions October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Month, New Thread.

Good first 4 weeks of the season guys. Keep it coming, get your teammates in.

Let me start by off saying that overall the season has been good so far.

No real surprises, but hey, we are only a little while in.

Let's see how this month goes.

antileno

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to say great game to the Nomads you guys have a lot of skilled players and are going to tough to beat come cup time. Too bad that one forward decided to run our goalie twice though that kind of put a damper on the end of a good game. Hopefully next time we wont let you get off to a 4 goal lead in the first twenty minutes, the last 60 was some good soccer. Good luck this week

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That wasn't good soccer, it was ping pong...the turf was so gresy from the wind and rain that your team, not once, strung together 3 passes consecutively.

We appreciate the love, and that you guys fought back in the game to make it appear like less of a clinic.

And our guy did not run your keeper. If your keeper would come off his line and "own" his box like good keepers do, he wouldn;t have this issue.

He is sitting back on his goal line when a ball is haphazardley played in, Web jumps for the thing as he sees the keeper not challenging. All of a sudden your keeper and him collide in the air (every ref worth his salt will then call the foul on the opposing player and award the Freekick) So the ref does call the foul and webber gets ready to turn and run back and the keeper comes up swinging- He was dead lucky to escape with a yellow. If I'm reffing that keeper is sent off for Violent Conduct-whether he lands a punch or not is irrelevant

And to be fair, We could tell, on a nicer day, you guys have probably given us our best run yet...Which is nice considering you guys are LUFC...

Here's to the Rangers coming in second!

KUTGW guys.
suburbanator saw it, as did kjohnsob-would be interesting to get their takes on it...

antileno

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wont argue about it with you but i can tell you as i was one of the defenders standing right there that your player was not even looking at the ball. He went in eyes on the keeper with no other intent then to collide with him. You can defend your player all you want but that is a dirty play especially considering the guy already scored three goals and you guys had a three goal lead. I agree the keeper should of been red carded but so should of your player. I hope our next match will see less cards and more soccer, weather permitting.

Good luck this week.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought we played pretty poorly, how many offsides did we get caled on? And they were all legit offsides :eek:.

From my vantage point of 50 yards away, it looked like any normal collision between a striker and a goalie, foul always goes against the striker, free kick move along. I cant argue with the ref's decision, a pair of yellows, but keep in mind our guy got the yellow for leaving the field, not for the collision.

I quite enjoyed playing on "MAP: A River runs through it" having the stream on teh one sideline and the few puddles made it play more like grass and less like concrete. We would have looked better on a faster pitch.

But seriously did anyone get my cross on tape? That shite was purty :cool:

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL!! that was definetly some kind of cross Kjohns, setting up the first goal. What a bute! Especially considering you were playing left back and cut diagonally across the field all the way to the right side of the goal line to set up Web for the beautiful cross and heading finish! Lovely

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
poco fc pacific 3-0 port moody rush
a flattering score for us, it was 1-0 until the 87th minute when we got a few because they started pushing up. a good change up front helped us too, we just scored more goals in one game than our last three games combined.
btw, a no-brainer for motw next week if anybody's been paying attention to div3 for the last 5 years, winter AND summer!

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU Pheonix 1 Poco Pacific 0. Late goal for GEU to get the win. Both sides had chances and couldn't finish. I can't believe we've (Poco) only allowed 1 goal in three games and our record is 1-1-1.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 2 - Guildford Utd 1

Very wierd and tough game for us. We got a pk goal in the first half to make it 1-0 and i made a pretty good save off a volley. Then Johnny decided to take me out after the half and put our back up keeper in cause he hasn't played yet this year.

Got a header goal midway through the second to make it 2-0, then with about 10 min left, the ref made a wierd call. The ball deflected off our player out for a corner, he pointed to the corner for the kick, but the Guildford team was yelling at him saying it was a handball, then changed his mind and gave the pk? Odd to me, but I was on the sideline so I didn't get a good view of it.

Guildford is a very hardworking team and deserve better than their results this year. Not the most talented (a few of them are) but just determined to win every ball. 1 win, 1 tie and 4 losses, but all one goal games (except the tie). When they get some finish, they will be a hard team to beat.

still undefeated and looking on to next week

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC-7 Key West Ford -Nada
Not much to say other than they were a good bunch of guys,,clean to the end.

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Young Guns 2-0 over Heat.Tough loss as we started out back on our heels but battled back,got into the game only to surrender 2 late ones.Pretty good team they have but not alot of attack up front.Had i finished a sitter with 20 mins to go i think it might have been enough.Oh well,next sunday we continue our battles with the Sundowners so hopefully we'll get back on track. Go Heat Go!!

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's up with Sundowners this year, they did pretty well last year. Ron still playing right back at...55?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No they are not.
I have a few friends play on that team, and i have seen them play, Once keep in mind...
They played with no width, and they played shoddy defense at best, lots of kick and run to the pacey guys.

There are some skilled and pacey individuals, but the SFC Peg Rangers game against the Miners was a joke, the Miners couldn't string two consecutive passes together to save their lives. And there wasn't too many bleary eyes there that day at SFC Peg Rangers little postage stamp of a pitch in Newton.

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No they are not.
I have a few friends play on that team, and i have seen them play, Once keep in mind...
They played with no width, and they played shoddy defense at best, lots of kick and run to the pacey guys.

There are some skilled and pacey individuals, but the SFC Peg Rangers game against the Miners was a joke, the Miners couldn't string two consecutive passes together to save their lives. And there wasn't too many bleary eyes there that day at SFC Peg Rangers little postage stamp of a pitch in Newton.

You think our field is bad this year. You shoulda seen where we were playing last year.. its HUGE step up!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The suface looked decent, it is just smallish... tight and short. :D

and as soon as any ball goes off the pitch you have to get the machete out to cut through the forest to get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0