Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results & Banter October '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
CFC Balkan Wolves vs Columbia Bearcats. A well played game by both sides. Mostley the ground game. Bearcats have added two very good playes and it will start showing. The score was 2-2. Wolves head a very good chance in the last two minutes to win the game. Player chose to shoot. If he would have passed there was two men open. Thanks giving weekend some guys did not show up. It is more fun eating good and drinking a cold one. On to next one.

stinsons awesome

Sep 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
agreed with c4l, they def had the better of chances against us, but we def had our own. They were a great group of guys and hopefully the rematch has some goals...

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vault FC 0- BC United 0..... One of the best games in a while. Both teams were going back and forth shot for shot. I would say BC had a a few better chances, but we also had quite a few as well. Really clean game, unfortunately we were missing our whole midfield but with some luck our new players we registered this week showed up! They were a little short on players but still played an excellent game. Cheers to BC United they played excellent and took us off our game, it shudda been ours to win due to #'s but they played well. Look forward to playing them when both teams are fully squaded and ready to go!

Thanks Stintson and Cheers to that C4L. That was a wicked game. It was a fitting score for Thanksgiving weekend. We were short on players this game. Also we weren't finishing our chances, some were injured. Look forward to our next game when both of us having a full squad. It's going to be an awesome game. :D:wa::knvb:

You know after a game like that, the Cloverdale game stings just a bit more. :D I'm looking forward our next against Cloverdale too. Got right the wrongs of the past and bring the planets back into alignment. :D

Cheers.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miners 1 Another Poco team 0 I think it was the Rockets??? good game #22 needed his mommy's nipple to suck on. what a whinny little shite. he makes Franchise look like a man.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look forward to our next game when both of us having a full squad. It's going to be an awesome game.
Hopefully more goals! The shite thing about a tie though is now the clones move ahead of both of us, even though we beat them, and I dont know if you did? Were you the guy out there taking the coin toss against me? If so, you had quite a few nice dangles on the field, just getting the shot off it was not your day! But i like the style of your team for sure!

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully more goals! The shite thing about a tie though is now the clones move ahead of both of us, even though we beat them, and I dont know if you did? Were you the guy out there taking the coin toss against me? If so, you had quite a few nice dangles on the field, just getting the shot off it was not your day! But i like the style of your team for sure!

Thanks, yeah that was me. Nice save against our forward in the last minute by the way that definitely preserved the tie for you guys. No we haven't played them yet. But season is still early and it's going to be a tight race. It also seems that most of the bottom 5 teams in the Div can come out with strong performances now and then against the Top 5. Storm for example almost eeked out a win against Clones. Even Guildford FC pulled out a win against Tigers. So still got a long way to go.

Also, How many promotion spots are up for grabs this year Div.3? Last year it seems a couple teams from each section of division 3 went up.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, How many promotion spots are up for grabs this year Div.3? Last year it seems a couple teams from each section of division 3 went up.
Ummm last year I beleive two Div.3 Teams got sent up to Div.1 beacuse they were just incredibly good...So Westcoast got luckyand somehow got promoted back up to Div.2 because they asked?? I dont know how that one worked out.... But oh well... Each year there is 2 teams from each A B C that get promotted with a possibility of a 3rd sometimes....Depending on how many team fold in div.2 or stick around...

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
But season is still early and it's going to be a tight race
I think its really a 3 way race between you boys, Cloverdale and Us. As for clones look at their schedule, the only top placed team they have played is us, and they lost. Im not saying they are a bad team, but if they lose to both u and cloverdale they are immediately out of the running. I dont see either top 3 teams having any other trouble with the mid pak teams (knock on wood tho). Its just a matter of how we all come out vs eachother and if we tie those mid-pack teams.

LUFC Clones 5 : 0 SFC Chaos
2009.09.20 Vault FC 2 : 1 LUFC Clones
2009.09.27 LUFC Clones 4 : 0 Surrey Rovers
2009.10.02 GEU Tigers 2 : 6 LUFC Clones
2009.10.11 LUFC Clones 3 : 2 Surrey Storm

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think its really a 3 way race between you boys, Cloverdale and Us. As for clones look at their schedule, the only top placed team they have played is us, and they lost. Im not saying they are a bad team, but if they lose to both u and cloverdale they are immediately out of the running. I dont see either top 3 teams having any other trouble with the mid pak teams (knock on wood tho). Its just a matter of how we all come out vs eachother and if we tie those mid-pack teams.

LUFC Clones 5 : 0 SFC Chaos
2009.09.20 Vault FC 2 : 1 LUFC Clones
2009.09.27 LUFC Clones 4 : 0 Surrey Rovers
2009.10.02 GEU Tigers 2 : 6 LUFC Clones
2009.10.11 LUFC Clones 3 : 2 Surrey Storm

Yeah but one thing to look at with Cloverdale, is who their opponents have been excluding us cause we were short. They were the teams in the bottom half of the table, and the Surrey Storm beat them as well. The true test for them will be when they face the Clones, you guys, and Chaos and us again at a full squad.

Attendance or lack of it, has been a huge factor in some of the scores to date. So a lot of the scores are misleading and flatter some teams more than they deserve. Like for example, you guys beat both the Clones and Chaos, but tied the Titans. So how teams perform second time around will determine it. Right now it's too early to tell.

What happened in that game against the Titans by the way? Storm had trouble with them too.

Chopper

Dec 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Don't act like you guys beat us (clones) badly from what i heard you guys scored a shitty goal that barely went in, so it should have been 1-1. Fact of the matter is we love being told were the underdogs or were not the best that just makes us want to ruin your run for the top. The best part is we are a bunch of old farts that are out of shape and still can put the balls in the net and have fun and drink 400 beers. Got to love soccer.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummm last year I beleive two Div.3 Teams got sent up to Div.1 beacuse they were just incredibly good...So Westcoast got luckyand somehow got promoted back up to Div.2 because they asked?? I dont know how that one worked out.... But oh well... Each year there is 2 teams from each A B C that get promotted with a possibility of a 3rd sometimes....Depending on how many team fold in div.2 or stick around...

I will tell you how it worked out. It was well documented on here that we lost 6 points to start last season and it made it so we were relegated by 1 point. I played an uneligible player in the first game and it cost us those points and the next games 3 points(player didn't play in the extra game, received 3 points extra as a penalty.) Then at the end of the year to make it worst Stolo played the other team in the relagation spot and lost 1-0 because Stolo had to filed their U-15 squad. So we were relagated. I dealt with the fact by asking the league if there were any spots available if we could have one. With our past records(almost being promoted to Div.1 the year before and our KSL team) they said we could have a spot. But then I was in talks with Guildford Utd. to create a club and that was the plan. So the league put us in Div.3 and put us in the worst division.(all teams across the bridge) So when I saw the division we were in I told Guildford Utd. sorry and that we would be staying in Div.2 for this year. We were put in a division where all the games our in our area which was perfect. We haven't done to well but thats a given when more then half our team is new players. So not luck, it's called having a team that deserved to be in Div.2, maybe not anymore but we did from past records.

You're welcome for clearing that up. So have a team thats good for a couple of years and maybe the league will do things to help you out.

WestCoast...What??? need to get some wins here.

mmeh

Sep 8, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We went to semi-finals of the President's cup and lost 2-1 to Coquitlam Arsenal a couple years ago, can we have our div 2 spot back?

Please. how many times must we hear that goddam ineligible player story? face it, ur a div 3 team, i only wish we could stick around to play you next year

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't act like you guys beat us (clones) badly from what i heard you guys scored a shitty goal that barely went in, so it should have been 1-1.
Not saying u guys are a bad team at all...If u read my whole thing I do say that a lot of those games are up for chance, its just a matter of how we play vs you...And like u said ur a bunch of old guys who drink beer, we are a team that nearly just won div.2 in the summer and our avg age is 22. This is just our 1st year together, so we are both on completely different hemispheres when it comes to skill, age and overall commitment. We wanna be a div.1 team in 2 years and you guys are more than happy just chillin in Div.3 which I think is great, u guys all get along and ur playing the sport of Footy, thats what counts!
What happened in that game against the Titans by the way? Storm had trouble with them too
Hhahah as for the Titans, I mean they werent terrible but we shudda had it easy! It was our first game ever playing together for 5 of our starting players, never even practiced together. Our new star striker (the tall french guy) literally got off the plane from France that morning, then came to the 5pm game jet lagged as shite. So we have some redemption next time we see them.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We went to semi-finals of the President's cup and lost 2-1 to Coquitlam Arsenal a couple years ago, can we have our div 2 spot back?

Please. how many times must we hear that goddam ineligible player story? face it, ur a div 3 team, i only wish we could stick around to play you next year

Believe me facing it. The league felt we could compete. And losing near home is a whole loy better then winning games in Maple Ridge. He asked why I answered. So you'll keep hearing the story. And you could applied but you didn't I guess.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys stick to results and perdictions not about ifs and buts. We all have the same problems. We have guys that do't phone to't showup and expect to play when they come back. Each one of us has to work on self drive and club respect.
And most of all how to improve local soccer.
Beer is good after the games. Only thing some of the guys have to cleanup after them selfs. Parks are begining to look bit shabby.
There is about 14 very good sides in div three a b and c groups.

PMPI

Sep 21, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys stick to results and perdictions not about ifs and buts. We all have the same problems. We have guys that do't phone to't showup and expect to play when they come back. Each one of us has to work on self drive and club respect.
And most of all how to improve local soccer.
Beer is good after the games. Only thing some of the guys have to cleanup after them selfs. Parks are begining to look bit shabby.
There is about 14 very good sides in div three a b and c groups.

My perdiction for tonight's game against the POCO Rovers is:

4-0 Moody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0