Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results & Banter October '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chelsea FVSL is very good. Guys play hard and fare. Every so often you get a ref that forgets he got paid for reffing. Sunday or not. Go and see some games in VMSL and you will see what I am talking about. FVSL has no small men complex. The boys are big and bigger. Good luck in your next game.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL has no small men complex. The boys are big and bigger. Good luck in your next game
Very true, I will never complain about being able to play footy. Its just we have about 5 of our starters from summer that all come back to play this weekend, and now most of them cant due to 7PM game time. I thought league would want the top two teams to be able to battle it out with their best players, and have no one missing. But oh well, I am stoked to see BC United's squad, and looking forward to one intense game!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johny did you ever play in Valley. Grass is equly geen in bot areas. It all depend how much yu use it.
All jokes a side boys are two to three inches higher and twenty to twenty five pound bigger than in VMSL. I have played and coached in both.
Valley is on a huge up swing in soccer. Pool of players is very deep. Surrey is huge and Langley is close second. Abbi always head tough and skilled sides. Coquitlam is getting stronger each year. BC premier league is going to be like old coast league. No small guy will be able to play. Carving will be the stone.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So any hints on what kinda team BC United is? Young, old, fast???

They lost 5-0 to Cloverdale FC. look at last years standings to see where Cloverdale FC are as a team. And they had 8-9 guys show. So guessing not too commited. As for your game being on thanksgiving it sucks but we play at 8pm as well. League won't change things and they aren't to worried about the best teams.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
They lost 5-0 to Cloverdale FC. look at last years standings to see where Cloverdale FC are as a team. And they had 8-9 guys show. So guessing not too commited. As for your game being on thanksgiving it sucks but we play at 8pm as well. League won't change things and they aren't to worried about the best teams.

This is coming from an expert whose team is 4-0 in their league. Whoops 0-4. The way you are playing you will probably end up meeting Cloverdale FC next year. :D

Don't judge a team by last year's record, teams can change, recruit new players and improve on playing style. Last year was last year. Why do you think there's a different champion every year, a different Pakenheim Cup winner, a different Presidents Cup,every year.

I think the league should be worried about their best teams and are, as those teams represent the league and are the face of the league. In every division, whether it be LUFC, ACBC, PoMo Gunners, Guildford Utd, Abbotsford Utd, or Vault FC. Can you imagine a last place team represented the league.

Good Luck on your next game. I'm sure your just warming up and are the verge of championship and promotion run. :D

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Luck on your next game. I'm sure your just warming up and are the verge of championship and promotion run
Hahha they always are on the virge Hamburglar, just waiting for the right time to pounce!
Apparently there is a lot of games being played Sunday night around the FVSL which i think they dropped the ball on! And i think Burgler is definately correct in the fact that the league should be a little more considerate to top tier teams even if it is only div.3, the winners of div.3 last year won all their games and i think only tied 1???(correct me if im wrong)... We have yet to lose (knock on wood) but id be choked if we get blown out because we have players committed to family and then that maybe the one game we lose and could effect us in the long run... Oh well no sense in bitching now, time to go enjoy the sun and start cooking for Sunday. GL Westcoast in Sunday Game, hopefully you do get a good turn out and same to u Burgler... I think we are only missing 2 guys as of now....

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao when you look on the standings all the clubs in div three are so close. Only Abbi guys stand out as most fit side due to all the games they have played in Punjabi tournaments.
By the end of October it shuld be all equal as far as fitness goes. I am in shock to see thirty seven year old guys play that well. Youngsters will have to learn to move much faster in order to last the game.
Kids are learning that you can not beat older guys unless you play two tutch and move like speedster. "And most of all head up soccer". Some young men head to change the style of play. I love the smile on older guys face when the hit the youngsters.
We do not need any better practice than that. I think even some refs find it funny.
As a ref and a coach I am hopping few will step it up and start steping in them selfs.
Remains to be seen. Cheers and best of luck to all.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is coming from an expert whose team is 4-0 in their league. Whoops 0-4. The way you are playing you will probably end up meeting Cloverdale FC next year. :D

Don't judge a team by last year's record, teams can change, recruit new players and improve on playing style. Last year was last year. Why do you think there's a different champion every year, a different Pakenheim Cup winner, a different Presidents Cup,every year.

I think the league should be worried about their best teams and are, as those teams represent the league and are the face of the league. In every division, whether it be LUFC, ACBC, PoMo Gunners, Guildford Utd, Abbotsford Utd, or Vault FC. Can you imagine a last place team represented the league.

Good Luck on your next game. I'm sure your just warming up and are the verge of championship and promotion run. :D

Yea we are 0-4 but would never lose to Cloverdale FC. They're shite and losing to them 5-0 is hurting. Believe me Div.2 and Div.3 are totally different. Teams show up and are quality. Maybe we are a Div.3 team but I guess the league didn't think so(they had the choice of putting us there) We have improved every week and will be in tough this weekend but it's never an excuse.

Good Luck you'll need it.

Soccer_player

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahha they always are on the virge Hamburglar, just waiting for the right time to pounce!
Apparently there is a lot of games being played Sunday night around the FVSL which i think they dropped the ball on! And i think Burgler is definately correct in the fact that the league should be a little more considerate to top tier teams even if it is only div.3, the winners of div.3 last year won all their games and i think only tied 1???(correct me if im wrong)... We have yet to lose (knock on wood) but id be choked if we get blown out because we have players committed to family and then that maybe the one game we lose and could effect us in the long run... Oh well no sense in bitching now, time to go enjoy the sun and start cooking for Sunday. GL Westcoast in Sunday Game, hopefully you do get a good turn out and same to u Burgler... I think we are only missing 2 guys as of now....

a little unknowing of top teams making the schedule before anyone plays there first game.:confused:

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
a little unknowing of top teams making the schedule before anyone plays there first game
Ya but when both teams call up the league and want to change the game, they still refuse. Both us and BC united tried to get it change and league head was havin nothin of it!

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clones 3 Surrey 2
Scoreline looks better than the game.We squandered many scoring chances and almost got burned for it.Good effort from the Surrey lads as they never gave in when they were outplayed and almost got a result for their efforts.

Big Mama

Sep 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cannons 1 - Sundowner 4 The cannons are a good group of guys just 2 kids that cant shut there trap which ended in a red card and a couple of yellows. Good game cant wait to play them again it will be interesting.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
abby 1 - coyotes 0.....coyotes controlled majority of play and most of the possession. lack of finish let them down tonight. abby is a good team but if you play physical with them, you should be able to do well.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vault FC 0- BC United 0..... One of the best games in a while. Both teams were going back and forth shot for shot. I would say BC had a a few better chances, but we also had quite a few as well. Really clean game, unfortunately we were missing our whole midfield but with some luck our new players we registered this week showed up! They were a little short on players but still played an excellent game. Cheers to BC United they played excellent and took us off our game, it shudda been ours to win due to #'s but they played well. Look forward to playing them when both teams are fully squaded and ready to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0