Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why wouldn't the New D2 teams just get a bye into the second round of the Pres/Knights Cup and have D3 and 4 involved in the same cup?

It doesn't make any sense to start a new cup just because of a new D4...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why wouldn't the New D2 teams just get a bye into the second round of the Pres/Knights Cup and have D3 and 4 involved in the same cup?

Especially when the number of teams isn't really changing, just being allocated differently.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

That would work to. But it's just taking into consideration the competition level. Most of the new Div.2 teams and even some of the Div.3 teams are going to be really good quality next year and even more so I think than this year. Realistically not many Div.4 will have too much of a chance next year if that's the case. I think they should have their own cup to play for.

Also the sheer size of the Div.4. Makes it easier to schedule for as well. Cause you will also have Bradner Cup games. If you have 70 team Presidents Cup and there are some cancellations, you won't get the final until late. I mean eventually when the league adds even more teams to Div.4 which might happen, it's something they would have to consider anyway.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would work to. But it's just taking into consideration the competition level. Most of the new Div.2 teams and even some of the Div.3 teams are going to be really good quality next year and even more so I think than this year. Realistically not many Div.4 will have too much of a chance next year if that's the case. I think they should have their own cup to play for.

Also the sheer size of the Div.4. Makes it easier to schedule for as well. Cause you will also have Bradner Cup games. If you have 70 team Presidents Cup and there are some cancellations, you won't get the final until late. I mean eventually when the league adds even more teams to Div.4 which might happen, it's something they would have to consider anyway.

D4 is basically rec anyway, from readin the D3 forums teams are already having trouble getting numbers out, they don't need their own cup. They have 2 already and if they are serious enough about them, they'll make some noise there. No need to try and schedule 5 cups for one league.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Son of C*ck ball shite captain kirks nipples..... Well I pray we dont go to Div.4, that would just be tragic... Hopefully a few selected teams do get to stay Div.3, but as for a new cup... I dont even think Div.4 should be allowed to compete in a cup, as posted earlier its almost like a rec division... And div.2 should get a 1st round bye, then div.3 competes away... Good idea!

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
D4 is basically rec anyway, from readin the D3 forums teams are already having trouble getting numbers out, they don't need their own cup. They have 2 already and if they are serious enough about them, they'll make some noise there. No need to try and schedule 5 cups for one league.

That's my point. If D4 will be rec, then why would you want them competing in tough competition.
Some teams in Div.4 will have attendance issues and some may not have any ambition to move up, just want to play for fun, which is already happening in Div.3 this year.
On top of that can you imagine Div.4 Pres Cup games getting cancelled due to snow or something, the entire schedule will be backed up til May next season.

Point is they will have a cup they all have a chance at actually winning. I mean when was the last time a Div.3 team won the Presidents Cup?

All the league needs to do is buy and name a Cup. That's it. Instead of scheduling Pres Cup games, just schedule Div.4 cup games.
The Bradner Cup can be the competition can be for everyone.

Anyways, this will be more a topic for Div.4 teams at the AGM to discuss if they are interested.

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at the Fraser Valley website they have Port Moody Lions second and GEU Phoenix third in div 3a ???

Both teams have 38 points.
Lions goal difference is +21
Phoenix goal difference is +38

Lions number of wins = 12
Phoenix number of wins = 11

Head to head record is one win to each team.

So I am assuming for teams that finish level on points, the next criteria is games won. Can someone clarify this ???
Had an email chat with Thomas , he made a mistake as he has a wicked cold .

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Isn't this all just rec soccer? Why don't you go post in a tread where someone gives a fcuk about your opinion.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't this all just rec soccer? Why don't you go post in a tread where someone gives a fcuk about your opinion.
Well its an open thread, and he knows more about soccer than most... So I think we all give Hoot!! As for it being just rec, some people wanna move up to div.1 eventually, but gotta start at the bottom...

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Bradner is in Div 4 wouldn't it make sense to give the division The Bradner Cup. Really, does the winner of The Bradner Cup get a spot in the Provincials? Not with Div 1 in the mix.

IS, unless you play for PoCo or ACBC it is all rec soccer. Enjoy

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Bradner is in Div 4 wouldn't it make sense to give the division The Bradner Cup. Really, does the winner of The Bradner Cup get a spot in the Provincials? Not with Div 1 in the mix.

IS, unless you play for PoCo or ACBC it is all rec soccer. Enjoy

We pay our players too, so technically we're not rec either. Boom. The cup can't follow whatever division Bradner is in, keep it the way it is. Although it would be a safe bet to alays be in the lowest division so it probably wouldn't move around.

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well its an open thread, and he knows more about soccer than most... So I think we all give Hoot!! As for it being just rec, some people wanna move up to div.1 eventually, but gotta start at the bottom...
i kind of understand what he is saying , you could get to the prem , win that , then win provincials , and guess what , you still have to go fix pipes or wire something or do what ever you do to make money on monday morning , it is all rec even at the highest level of our league , the top prem players still do this for rec only . they may get some kind of cash kick back but it aint gonna pay the mortgage .

antileno

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We pay our players too, so technically we're not rec either.

JBN handing out matching wristband/headband sets and buying celebratory rounds of umbrella drinks after each win does not count as being paid.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
i kind of understand what he is saying , you could get to the prem , win that , then win provincials , and guess what , you still have to go fix pipes or wire something or do what ever you do to make money on monday morning , it is all rec even at the highest level of our league , the top prem players still do this for rec only . they may get some kind of cash kick back but it aint gonna pay the mortgage .
Fair enough, both sides are right! But when I think rec soccer, I wouldnt call Div.1 or premeir rec soccer.... Many of those players have earned their spot on that team week in and week out...
Div.1= the promised land.
And as for div.1 being the promise land, any league without you running in it Duff, is the promise land!

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yea just a promise.

Should have stuck with WRU and you might have got there. Instead of joking yourself into thinking you're anything more then a div.3 player. It is all amateur soccer and for recreation. Anyone that thinks different is delusional or on an ego trip. No one in this league plays to pay the bills, they play for fun and exercise. Some people just take it more seriously then others and have skill so they play at higher levels. And some guys have hoop dreams of one day being part of the greatest div.1 team of all time.(see any former or current SFC Rangers player for example)

Man, I dream one day of playing soccer in div.1 or premier because then I will be rich and famous. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Get a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0