Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div 3&4] March 2007 - Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
No kidding Stallion, I do feel bad for the guys that are at the game. we played Coquitalma Ajax and they had like nine men to start the game one guy got hurt and one guy just walked off the pitch and qave up, his team amets wanted to kill him. I felt bad for the guys that played the full 90.

I wonder what happened to them, they were promoted from my group last year and for the 2 games we played them they had at least 20 guys out. Weird.

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably the same thing that happened to us. Last year our attendance was like tossing the dice, but this year in the offseason we managed to find players with a passion (AND more talent) and here we are. The more people heard that there was a men's team in Abbotsford, the more players we had come out to tryouts this year. It was a massive turnaround.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well this end of year things killing me, no training again last night, meaning we've played once in the last month and a bit, and it was the day after St. Patty's. On the plus side, Abby will be facing a very well rested and uninjured Whalley side :D

Furious George

Sep 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
we played Coquitalma Ajax and they had like nine men to start the game one guy got hurt and one guy just walked off the pitch and qave up, his team amets wanted to kill him. I felt bad for the guys that played the full 90.

Yeah, but your fat ass was on the pitch the full 90 for that game which means that we were also a man down :eek: And by the way, where's Coquitalma and what's a team amets? Now it's all making sense... it's the dyslexia that causes you to miss sitters in the six-yard box :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 2 - Abby 0

Too hammered to give a game review so you'll have to wait till the morning. Hope they go UEFA style and we take the Div on away goals. Whalley what :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously very happy with the result considering our last game was against Abby on Feb 11th, and we've only had 2 practices since then. Great game to play in, Abby are a bunch of classy guys, even with the very physical nature of our game. Game started out back and forth, with our first goal coming of some nice give and go's, finished off by a perfect backheel between 3 defenders to the rushing centre mid who put it in the corner. Ref said after it was the nicest goal he's seen all year. We then got really tired and resorted to the defend and counter for the second half. It almost cost us as a scuffle in the box where it looked to me like the Abby players tripped over each other ended in a PK. Guy scored but for the first time I've ever seen the ref called it back due to an Abby player in the box before the ball was kicked. It happens all the time but I've never seen a ref call it, and to be fair he did call it right away. Ensuing re-kick is put over the bar to stay 1-0. Our counter attack finally works with a nice little chip over the keeper on a partial break, 2-0. It then goes back and forth pretty much for the rest of the game, fouls taken in their own end cost them a lot of time though. Hopefully we're in the same group next year as both games were intense and fun to play in. Reffing was probably the best we've had all year, stayed in control the whole game.

Does anyone know the tiebreaker? I couldn't find anything on the website. GF or GA doesn't seem fair due to all the forfeits we've had, although I'm pretty sure Abby would beat us on GF regardless. Aggregate was 3-3, and we would take it on away goals if they do it FIFA style, so that's what I'm hoping for :D Storm 6/8, see you next year, well played :)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
Does anyone know the tiebreaker? I couldn't find anything on the website. GF or GA doesn't seem fair due to all the forfeits we've had, although I'm pretty sure Abby would beat us on GF regardless. Aggregate was 3-3, and we would take it on away goals if they do it FIFA style, so that's what I'm hoping for :D Storm 6/8, see you next year, well played :)

Found it:
The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

(i) record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(ii) goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(iii) a playoff between the team or teams.

We may meet again :)

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
Found it:
The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

(i) record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(ii) goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(iii) a playoff between the team or teams.

We may meet again :)

Stallion,

First off, well played game. You guys were the better team on the night. Hope you enjoyed your pints, they were well deserved.

Second as for the physical play, I don't think we responded the same way we did in the first game. We got pushed around. JB did an ok job I guess. I thought he was a bit whistle happy and he actually admitted after the game that he pulled out the whistle more than he wanted to. I suggested to him that it is Div 3 and fouls are probably more frequent and less discernable then in Div 1 or Prem. He seemed to take it to heart. Anyway, no excuses, you guys finished and we didn't. Bottom line.

Last, before we think about a playoff (if that is the case), we need to beat the Royals. Enough said until then.

Cheers, Storm8

ps. nice bike attempt stallion:rolleyes: how's yer backside?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm8 said:
ps. nice bike attempt stallion:rolleyes: how's yer backside?

You liked that eh? :) Would have been fine but with the wind and the spin on the ball I had to turn a little so I landed on my shoulder more than my back. Needless to say my left side is not moving so well.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm8 said:
Last, before we think about a playoff (if that is the case), we need to beat the Royals.

yah, and if you don't beat the royals you definitely do not deserve promotion

storm6

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion, I agree, both games were great to play in. Very fast-paced, and good play from both sides, unfortunately we just didn't show up like we did last time. As far as forfeits go, it looks like at most you guys had 4 forfeits, where as we had 2. Something tells me that even if after playing those two games we had only managed to score one against both the Tigers and Gobind (unlikely), do you really think that you guys could have scored 35 or more goals in your four games? But enough about stats, like Storm8 said, we'll have to wait until after the Royals game to worry about a playoff.

Raul... yeah I don't really get that either due to the game in hand. Like KH said, someone has a relative on the board.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I talked to our coach today and he has confirmed that after talking to FVSL Exec we must beat the Royals this Saturday to earn a playoff match with Whalley the following week. I hope our boys can put together a solid effort against The Royals. Seriously, this is the only way to settle this thing. Whalley beat us on their pitch and we beat them on ours. We need a neutral site game for all the marbles...that is of course if we can beat the Royals. Let the drama unfold....

Cheers, Storm8

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I stated before, there would be no way to match your GF, we just had no finish all year, and I'm pretty sure we'll be playing you as I can't see you losing to the Royals. I think we lose the fields in April so it would have to be on turf somewhere, Langley maybe? Also, that was the first time we'd played on that field so it wasn't really home :D Looking forward.

STASHER

Apr 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div. 3B standings are final as posted because Westcoast SC and Poco had a brawl at there last game played. Apparently some parents of the Poco ( younger squad) ran on the feild and were involved in the altercation. The incident went to the BCSA discipline board. They decided the game was null and void and for punishment the game would not be replayed!!
Hope that clears things up for all.

p.s. Hector we only have one players mother on the FVSL board. Her husband passed away last spring. Besides greiving his death she volunteered to handle postage duties for the league and send discipline reports via e-mail to respective team managers.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STASHER said:
Div. 3B standings are final as posted because Westcoast SC and Poco had a brawl at there last game played. Apparently some parents of the Poco ( younger squad) ran on the feild and were involved in the altercation. The incident went to the BCSA discipline board. They decided the game was null and void and for punishment the game would not be replayed!!
Hope that clears things up for all.

Wow, that sucks for Westcoast, although they still get promoted. Can't wait for our first place showdown ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just wondering, what does first place actually mean in a Div where the top 2 teams are promoted? (Other than pride)

Conor, since I know you lurk here, if you decided not to play for PAU next year and you don't want to be stuck in 3A, we got a spot for a striker available if you're interested :D Seriously.

Storm8

Jan 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
I was just wondering, what does first place actually mean in a Div where the top 2 teams are promoted? (Other than pride)

Stallion,
Did you really ask that question? You answered it correctly anyway.

Storm 4, Royals 1....looks like we have one more to play. Stallion, are you guys willing to play midweek? Our coach says the league has said the game must be played between Friday and Monday of next weekend. being easter weekend I wonder if you guys are willing and we are if we could convince FVSL to let us play earlier? Do we really need to drag this thing out until the weekend? Finally, i hope the league does the right thing and gives us a neutral site, preferrably grass to play this game at.

Cheers, Storm8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0