Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 FVSL DIV 3 2014/15 Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What does the handbook say about the pakenham cup if div 1 is competing in the presidents? Hopefully not just the 8 teams from the league. With the league + sc cup we already play each other enough.

Also if that is the case then how does it all play out, round robin or straight to 1/4's?
And then also what would happen to the Bradner cup?

The only positive to adding div 1 to the pres cup is that it gives the valley a way better shot in provincials.

Big negative is that there would be some huge lumpings. Despite what bergkamp 2.0 (good to see more gooners on here btw) most div 1 teams would hammer div 4 teams.
Agreed.

Div 1 v Div 4 in Bradner is intriguing because it's a voluntary cup and teams get what they sign-up for. But to have Div 1 v Div 4 or even Div 3 in the Presidents Cup is a bit ridiculous. If this is the case a Div 3-4 cup should be developed.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed.

Div 1 v Div 4 in Bradner is intriguing because it's a voluntary cup and teams get what they sign-up for. But to have Div 1 v Div 4 or even Div 3 in the Presidents Cup is a bit ridiculous. If this is the case a Div 3-4 cup should be developed.

There is a new Div 4 cup, I play in Div 4 and agree that it should be a Div 3-4 cup.

The presidents was a Div 2-4 previously and Div 4 teams were beating Div 2 teams. But if its opened up to Div 1 then most Div 4 teams would not stand a chance.

As you said Bradner is open and you get what you sign up for

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya there was the odd upset in president's for sure - I mean my team made the SF 2 years ago as Div 4...it happens for sure. But in general....glad to hear there is a cup for Div 4 teams. With 3 divisions that would be a really interesting competition because the top teams surely always wondering if they are better than the top teams from the other divisions.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
div 1 being in the presidents is pretty retarded, if a top div 1 team doesn't win that I will be absolutely shocked. the gap in skill of top table div 1 and top table div 3-4 is pretty large. div 3-4 should definitely get their own cup. Div 3A looks strong this year... Chilliwack B, Aldergrove Lightning, Westcoast United, North Coquitlam Knights all added. Can see those teams competing for top spot and promotion, not sure why Langley got moved out of 3A and Chilliwack/abbotsford/aldergrove moved in though.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
div 1 being in the presidents is pretty retarded, if a top div 1 team doesn't win that I will be absolutely shocked. the gap in skill of top table div 1 and top table div 3-4 is pretty large. div 3-4 should definitely get their own cup. Div 3A looks strong this year... Chilliwack B, Aldergrove Lightning, Westcoast United, North Coquitlam Knights all added. Can see those teams competing for top spot and promotion, not sure why Langley got moved out of 3A and Chilliwack/abbotsford/aldergrove moved in though.

Gunners10 - 3A and 3B are equal. They arrange them by geography for the most part.

Yes a Div 1 team should defo win Presidents if they are in it! I think they also try to balance the leagues so 3A is't a lot stronger than 3B for example because the winner of both gets promoted.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know they the A and B don't mean stronger and weaker pool I just was curious why Langley who was in A last year and chilliwack aldergrove and Abby who were in B last year got swapped, I don't wanna go to chilliwack on a Friday to play rec soccer...leave the traveling to the prem and div 1 teams.

Chief Royalty

Aug 12, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know they the A and B don't mean stronger and weaker pool I just was curious why Langley who was in A last year and chilliwack aldergrove and Abby who were in B last year got swapped, I don't wanna go to chilliwack on a Friday to play rec soccer...leave the traveling to the prem and div 1 teams.
I do agree no one wants to go to Chilliwack on a Friday night. I rather go to Langley. If we had to go to Chilliwack I rather it be a Saturday or a Sunday. Friday at 8 in Chilliwack after a day of work some guys may not make it till game time if they work later.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ha
We got promoted from div 4 to 3 and finished 2nd with 2 losses. I get the tough love, but i know how good we are.
Lost 5-1 to another div 4 team, I think competing in div 1 is a stretch. Your team will do decent in div 3 and could maybe finish outside relegation in div 2. I think div 2/3 bubble would describe the knights.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do agree no one wants to go to Chilliwack on a Friday night. I rather go to Langley. If we had to go to Chilliwack I rather it be a Saturday or a Sunday. Friday at 8 in Chilliwack after a day of work some guys may not make it till game time if they work later.

LOL, how do you think the Chilliwack teams feel when they have away games on Friday nights! Stop complaining.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, how do you think the Chilliwack teams feel when they have away games on Friday nights! Stop complaining.
Not to sound like a Prick but when you live in chilliwack or hope(stolo) lol and play in the fvsl you volunteer from some travel to get ur soccer in.

Chief Royalty

Aug 12, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any week 1 - predictions for div 3a?

-North Coquitlam United B-Abbotsford MF AthleticSat SEP 65:00PMMap Charles Best Turf
-Poco FC Pacific-PMO Lordco Gunners ILSat SEP 64:00PMMap Gates #1
-Aldergrove Utd Lightning-Chilliwack FC BFri SEP 57:00PMMap Aldergrove Athletic Park W Tur
-Westcoast FC United-Poco FC RocketsSat SEP 66:00PMMap Pitt Meadows High School - Tur
-Aldergrove United C-North Coquitlam KnightsSat SEP 62:00PMMap Philip Jackman Park
-Poco FC Royals-Westcoast FC StrikersSun SEP 76:00PMMap Gates #2 (Cent)

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any week 1 - predictions for div 3a?

-North Coquitlam United B-Abbotsford MF AthleticSat SEP 65:00PMMap Charles Best Turf
-Poco FC Pacific-PMO Lordco Gunners ILSat SEP 64:00PMMap Gates #1
-Aldergrove Utd Lightning-Chilliwack FC BFri SEP 57:00PMMap Aldergrove Athletic Park W Tur
-Westcoast FC United-Poco FC RocketsSat SEP 66:00PMMap Pitt Meadows High School - Tur
-Aldergrove United C-North Coquitlam KnightsSat SEP 62:00PMMap Philip Jackman Park
-Poco FC Royals-Westcoast FC StrikersSun SEP 76:00PMMap Gates #2 (Cent)
Coquitliam B
Lordco Gunners
Chilliwack B
Westcoast United
Coquitliam knights
Royals

A few of those are just guesses, Having not seen one of the teams ever play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0