Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL DIV 2C] Leader Poll - Xmas Break

Who will be sitting in 1st Place at Xmas?

• EagleRidge Hades

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whalley United

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Langley United

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Port Moody Lions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dewdney Celtic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Two games left for teams before the Christmas Break, Who will be at the top of DIV 2 C?

# Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Eagleridge Hades 11 7 1 3 17 12 22
2 Whalley United 12 6 3 3 31 20 21
3 LUFC Dynamo 12 5 5 2 18 14 20
4 Port Moody Lions 12 5 3 4 21 16 18
5 PoCo City Athletic 12 5 1 6 25 27 16
6 DFC Celtic 11 4 3 4 18 21 15

Remember that Makeup games played Dec 17/19 weekend count!

EAGLERIDGE - Suffered a couple setbacks in the previous three weeks with two losses and a tie earning them only a single point out of the last 9. They have a big game vs. Whalley and then Coquitlam who is low in the standings but has some games in hand to makeup. They also have a chance to make up a game on the makeup weekend.

WHALLEY - After an impressive win streak DFC stole some points and Whalley played LUFC to a 0-0 Draw. Could Whalley leap-frog over Eagleridge before the break? They also play Poco City but have no make up games at this time.

LUFC - Underachieving team with no goal scoring. Unbeaten in Three games getting points out of Eagleridge and Whalley but were they enough?. Next up is COQ and DMU both teams LUFC should take points from.... IF they can score.

PM LIONS - A long shot to reach the top spot by the break because of a couple recent upsets HOWEVER, not to be underestimated as they play Peace Arch and Poco. The lions would need help from Above to reach top spot.

DFC - I cannot believe they even have a chance at it, but ON paper with 3 wins they can be at the top, obviously needing some draws and poor results for the top 3 teams. They obviously earned it! They play DMU and the GEU Wolves Twice (if the makeup game is a go)

gumby

Aug 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Div 2c Leader Poll Xmas Break

I'd like to say DFC Celtic, but it's very unlikely. So i'm going to have to go with LUFC. They are a very worthy team and I believe they are better than Eagleridge and Whalley. And they might get a couple of wins...seeing as tho they aren't playing the giant killers again until after christmas :rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

PM LIONS - A long shot to reach the top spot by the break because of a couple recent upsets HOWEVER, not to be underestimated as they play Peace Arch and Poco. The lions would need help from Above to reach top spot.

Are you saying the Wolves beating Port Moody is an upset :confused: Remeber Turf very solid, grass different story!!

I will have to say that teams will have a tough time beating us with our steller d....we have lost every game by one goal expect to Port Moody so I see us moving up the standings very soon!

Cheers

Good luck this weekend

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

gumby said:
I'd like to say DFC Celtic, but it's very unlikely. So i'm going to have to go with LUFC. They are a very worthy team and I believe they are better than Eagleridge and Whalley. And they might get a couple of wins...seeing as tho they aren't playing the giant killers again until after christmas :rolleyes:

Bring your Coquitlam game when we play you guys :D I am leaving for Halifax for Christmas so hopefully there is no make-up game after two weeks!!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Franchise said:

Are you saying the Wolves beating Port Moody is an upset :confused: Remeber Turf very solid, grass different story!!

For one, the team much higher in the standings is TYPICALLY the favorite therefore you beating them constitutes an upset in my books. They also tied DMU, in my eyes an upset.

Secondly don't react to anything said about your squad so emphatically. I am sure in the eyes of PM it was an upset. In addition you claimed in previous posts that PM was the only good team in this division.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

suburbanator said:
For one, the team much higher in the standings is TYPICALLY the favorite therefore you beating them constitutes an upset in my books. They also tied DMU, in my eyes an upset.

Secondly don't react to anything said about your squad so emphatically. I am sure in the eyes of PM it was an upset. In addition you claimed in previous posts the PM was the only good team in this division.

I stick by that, I think Moody is the best team in the divison....to bad they don't play on turf every week. Have you guys played them at your park yet?

Everyone is pretty close in this divison nobody but is clearly beatable except maybe Peach Arch but even they can sneek a few wins in

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Franchise said:
I stick by that, I think Moody is the best team in the divison....to bad they don't play on turf every week. Have you guys played them at your park yet?

Everyone is pretty close in this divison nobody but is clearly beatable except maybe Peach Arch but even they can sneek a few wins in

Well, if they are the best team in the DIV, then your win was an upset sorry mate. We played PM on our Turf and we played them to a draw. We also played PAU to a bloody draw after our Halloween Dance and hence Hangover game.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think Whalley will end up in top spot, as good as Eagleridge and LUFC are I think that their lack of finish will catch up with them this year. Scoring goals is hard, at the Div 2 level we don't really get coached how to score more, so either you got it or you don't. I think Whalley has it. The Lions after a torrid start have faded of late and we are definately hoping we can get three points from them on Sunday.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

canuckboy said:
as good as Eagleridge and LUFC are I think that their lack of finish will catch up with them this year. Scoring goals is hard, at the Div 2 level we don't really get coached how to score more,.

Some good points Canuck, Our lack of finish has already cost us at least two games.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm changing my vote, because we are playing Whalley and the Lions, as coach I can say nothing less than we need to win those games, assuming we win, and with two wins against Eagleridge there's no reason to say why we couldn't. I'll vote for DFC, the reason being if they go to top spot and we win both games we'll be in the hunt. :)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

canuckboy said:
I'll vote for DFC, the reason being if they go to top spot and we win both games we'll be in the hunt. :)

Then hit the vote button... :wa:

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well, I'm with Gumby...I'd like to say DFC, but I can't. Though I do believe we will win our upcoming 3, I don't think the other top teams are going to play bad enough to allow us to take the top spot. As far at the top goes, I have to say Eagle Ridge. All the top teams have been doing suprisingly bad as of late. All with several losses or ties in the past 4 or 5 games(with the exception of DFC, of course). LUFC has the next best shot after them, I think. I'm not sure how Whalley is in the place they are. Both times they played us they didn't do that well. They only scored 1 goal in both games that wasn't a PK(damn us and our PK's). Lions should be top 3, if not 2, in my books. They're on quite a bad streak though and need to pull themselves out. As for us....like I said, there are just too many factors to allow it, all the top 3 teams would have to lose there next games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0