Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results & Banter - Oct. '05

Which table's standings will be the tightest, top to bottom, by month's end?

• 2A

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • 2B

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • 2C

Votes: 25 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
We had a second yellow shown to one of our guys, so then we were down w/ 5 to go. We were finally able to tie it up with literally seconds remaining.
!

Glad you tied it up....

I missed the opening 10, but stayed till midway through the 2nd half. I thought Langley had the majority of chances, but the Gunners capitilized on a good transition. It was a very fast paced game, and the Langley keeper was only tested a couple times while I watched. I thought Langley should have been leading going into half time but they seemed to have trouble getting any scoring chances from within the 18.

No surprise on the 2nd yellow, I didn't see it but felt you got of easy a few times earlier in the game. You guys need to learn to keep your mouths shut, a fair number of crap comments from guys I never seem to see on the pitch.

Anyhow great to hear you scored late, the rematch as you said should be great and you needed to get points from that game.....

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i thought the game kinda sucked for the most part, i mean, great heart from both sides, did get a lil chippy, but i think the wind ruined the game. the ball was all over the place, made for a lame brand of soccer. the two goals that were called back were interesting as well, i dunno about the free kick goal, it looked like it was crossed into the box at first, then the ref blew the whistle for the offside, then it went in the net, so that was questionable. the second goal that was called back was clearly offside and shouldnt have counted. in the end, solid game, not the result we planned for but the rematch should be damn good, im looking forward to maybe finally playing in that one...:(

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st wasn't off. I made a diagonal run onside, and only cut in towards goal after the kick was taken. He called me off, but I wasn't, and the kick was a shot as well.

But, that's the way it goes sometimes.

BlownByYou

Oct 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
yah... it happens... but do keep in mind that the ref did give like 15 mins of extra time... but just splitting hairs... deffinately looing forward to rematch

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC 3 - POCO 2.

We were really flat opening the game, probably something to do with the LUFC fundraiser last night. Poco was all over us for the opening 15, then Matt Hayes from our squad got his leg broken at the shin. It was a hard tackle, I doubt very much the Poco player meant to injure Matt, but for the conditions it was a pretty long, late and cleat heavy tackle. It was not however worth any more than a Yellow card IMO. I believe the ref did show the player a yellow on that play, I can't remember as I was dealing with the more important matter of explaining to Matt that his career as a self employed framer was going to be on hold. I feel horrible for the guy, tough luck.

Visited him in hospital and he was in good spirits, they were transfering him to Royal Columbia for surgery and a rod.

Anyhow, our guys played hard for the remainder of the game, going up 2-Nil. Poco actually created some chances and managed to equalize. We scored with about 12 left on a goaltender mistake.

The win is rather overshadowed by the injury....

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
amazingly the franchise hasn't let our little community know yet, but the nationals (un)defeated the wolves 5-2 last night, with my seventeen year old brother slotting the final. on a more entertaining note though, i just returned from the second ugliest game i've witnessed this weekend(although quite humorous with a fantastic final result) as DMU drew a draw 1-1 with the poodney celtics. conditions were horrible and i'm sure bored will tell you that along with the ref, they were to blame. the truth though is that poo-pey was lucky to get a tie in this one. all i can say is where the fcuk did these eight guys aparently play pemier????
regardless, the MOTW will be the Nationals at Celtic in a battle for top spot. i think the pomo gunners are selling tickets as it should be a dew-sy!!!!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the lead in walls - worst ref to date. And that is saying plenty. Dewdney lost the points today for sure, 1 for the ref , 1 for the field and 1 for Dewdney - the filed was a big assist for DMU today.

Walls, WTF can you be serious, their only threat today was the PK and the guy who got fouled apologized for the call - Luck had nothing to do with Dewdney to day. There was no luck today for Dewdney. I don't think the ref was intentionaly biased to DMU but they were apolgizing for the calls they got, the whole gave. The field was the equalizer but not the reason that we gave up points today - we have ourselves to blame.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
LUFC 3 - POCO 2.

We were really flat opening the game, probably something to do with the LUFC fundraiser last night. Poco was all over us for the opening 15, then Matt Hayes from our squad got his leg broken at the shin. It was a hard tackle, I doubt very much the Poco player meant to injure Matt, but for the conditions it was a pretty long, late and cleat heavy tackle. It was not however worth any more than a Yellow card IMO. I believe the ref did show the player a yellow on that play, I can't remember as I was dealing with the more important matter of explaining to Matt that his career as a self employed framer was going to be on hold. I feel horrible for the guy, tough luck.

Visited him in hospital and he was in good spirits, they were transfering him to Royal Columbia for surgery and a rod.

Anyhow, our guys played hard for the remainder of the game, going up 2-Nil. Poco actually created some chances and managed to equalize. We scored with about 12 left on a goaltender mistake.

The win is rather overshadowed by the injury....

Absolutely no one wants to see somebody get hurt. Let alone a broken leg. Best wishes from our team.

As for the game, we can always find a way to lose. We're the best 2-5 team in 2C,oh well mabye Coquitlam and us in a tie for best 2-5.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i was thinking the fact that they had 80% of the possession makes you guys lucky to win!! they played on the same pitch and the ref was the shits for them too. you guys just wined like little girls.

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, some nice cleaver word play on our name, Walls....What game were you watching? 80%? Not likely. They played well, but their only real scorring oppertunity was the PK (a weak call on that PK, by the way) and we blew several of ours. Same pitch maybe, but not even DMU could suggest that the ref wasn't clueless. I'm not saying that he was favouring DMU on purpose, but he was favouring them. I don't think we got 1 call in our favour in the entire 2nd half. And we got 2 yellow cards for absolutely nothing. One for yelling "come on" to our own guys, and the other for yelling "that's awsome". I'm not trying to suggest that we playes well, but in no way we we dominated. About the only thing i will agree with you on is next weeks MOTW.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always a treat playing the Celtic. We have had good battles with them going on 3 seasons now. Know its always gonna be a tight game. The ref was pretty crappy today. However I dont think he was biased. He made crappy calls both ways. Both teams played well IMO both squandering a few chances. As far as the field goes, it was awful, but I dont see how it gave us the edge. You played on it as well. If that is your excuse for not winning thats pretty pathetic i suggest you guys stop talking yourselves up so much and back it up with your play and mabey next time you can " smash " us when our forward burned your dman in the box and then got a hipcheck im pretty sure thats a pk> wells is bang on you need to stop whining to the ref hes not gonna change his call i would card you to if you keep bitching at me> all in all very fun game to play and your right we didnt dominate you but you wernt as scary as i thought you would be> cant wait for the rematch> good game celtic

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the suspect pk came when beckam skinned one of your d-men and was hauled down in the box. it happened right in front of me and if any of you truley believe it was clean i will start a petition to re-open riverveiw. one of your yellows came when one of your players wearing red boots slid a guy about half way up the other players shin. he did it again in the second and should have been given a red. you guys would have normally been given about 15 yellows for bitching alone with that ref so i'd consider yourselves lucky. eric lindros should have been carded as well when he threw the linesmans flag about twenty feet onto the field. when did he stop playing in goal by the way? i recall playing you guys(well some of you) about three years ago when eric lindros(wearing #88 on his keeper jersy) was in goal and i believe driving the team bus. the score was 6 or 7 to 1. you guys have obviousely made some changes as have we since then and i'm sure you guys are much better than you showed today and i can't wait for the MOTW!!!!

ps- get some new shorts for fcuk sakes!!!! nobody needs to see the junk on the pitch.......not your play!!

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
amazingly the franchise hasn't let our little community know yet, but the nationals (un)defeated the wolves 5-2 last night, with my seventeen year old brother slotting the final. on a more entertaining note though, i just returned from the second ugliest game i've witnessed this weekend(although quite humorous with a fantastic final result) as DMU drew a draw 1-1 with the poodney celtics. conditions were horrible and i'm sure bored will tell you that along with the ref, they were to blame. the truth though is that poo-pey was lucky to get a tie in this one. all i can say is where the fcuk did these eight guys aparently play pemier????
regardless, the MOTW will be the Nationals at Celtic in a battle for top spot. i think the pomo gunners are selling tickets as it should be a dew-sy!!!!
selling tickets eh? you mean selling tickets to our autograph sessions, $75 a pop, ante up wannabes :wa:

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
the MOTW will be the Nationals at Celtic in a battle for top spot. i think the pomo gunners are selling tickets as it should be a dew-sy!!!!
selling tickets eh? you mean selling tickets to our autograph sessions, $75 a pop, ante up wannabes :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0