Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads lose one game and instant protest. It's unfortunate but shite happens suck it up and move on.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Mission10..they have a valid protest. They are a team trying to get promoted. Playing with 10 does make a difference and can effect an outcome of a game.
goodluck Nomads.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I protest ...That the Devils should have been placed into div 3 as a new team...LOL

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess we should have protested our game against the Pumas where we lost and they played an illegible player for the first half. The ref knew it happened and said it was going in his report but nothing happened. Or we can say "oh well, we got beat". Nomads must be a little pissed coz they got beat by a lower team. It happens. this is FVSL and we all know the quality of the reffing and how ridiculous it can be. it happens every game but no one complains when they win. We had a guy get sent off in the loss to pumas because he didnt come close enough to the ref when he wanted to talk to him but that didn't change the fact that pumas beat us outright. if you lose, go out and make it right the next time you play them.. no excuses then!

juventino26

May 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Habib did not play last night, at least we were told by the ref that the check was done, and he did not play...There was no player of that quality out there and nobody over 6"4" tall that was any good like he is.

Which one is Habib? Is he the tall skilled forward?

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess we should have protested our game against the Pumas where we lost and they played an illegible player for the first half. The ref knew it happened and said it was going in his report but nothing happened. Or we can say "oh well, we got beat". Nomads must be a little pissed coz they got beat by a lower team. It happens. this is FVSL and we all know the quality of the reffing and how ridiculous it can be. it happens every game but no one complains when they win. We had a guy get sent off in the loss to pumas because he didnt come close enough to the ref when he wanted to talk to him but that didn't change the fact that pumas beat us outright. if you lose, go out and make it right the next time you play them.. no excuses then!

If they played an illegal player you should protest. Win or lose they should be punished. I got it last and so did Ghouse. Talk to the league and make them look into it.

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 5 Guildford United 1

No excuses tonight wasn't our night. ACBC came prepared with a strategy and followed the game plan. Guildford came out flat first 20 minutes and they game could have easily been put away that quick. However after weathering the storm and settling down we showed signs of our potential. ACBC scored 44min.

Second half we started with some pressure and actually matched their work ethic. It cleary wasn't enough though as they scored 2 more. We did manage to put one away, at that point we realized we could play with them. To little to late. Fell apart in the end and let our goalie deal with it.

ACBC is a good squad from their starting 11 to the bench and surpassed by their management and coaches. We can bitch all we want about them having premier players and what not, bottom line they let the ball do the work, we played against ourselves.

First real test of the season, I believe they will make us a better team. We will play them again and now we know what we need to bring to the table.

Hats off....

8-1 is still a good record and we are still in top spot..... still have a sour taste though after our performance tonight...

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CMF Titans 2 vs POMO Lions 1

Lions went until the 56th minute before committing a foul. Seems like a FVSL record!

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 5 Guildford United 1

No excuses tonight wasn't our night. ACBC came prepared with a strategy and followed the game plan. Guildford came out flat first 20 minutes and they game could have easily been put away that quick. However after weathering the storm and settling down we showed signs of our potential. ACBC scored 44min.

Second half we started with some pressure and actually matched their work ethic. It cleary wasn't enough though as they scored 2 more. We did manage to put one away, at that point we realized we could play with them. To little to late. Fell apart in the end and let our goalie deal with it.

ACBC is a good squad from their starting 11 to the bench and surpassed by their management and coaches. We can bitch all we want about them having premier players and what not, bottom line they let the ball do the work, we played against ourselves.

First real test of the season, I believe they will make us a better team. We will play them again and now we know what we need to bring to the table.

Hats off....

8-1 is still a good record and we are still in top spot..... still have a sour taste though after our performance tonight...

Watched the game and thought you guys played well. They had some bad misses and your goalie made some good saves or it could have been ugly early. You guys were pretty much into it at half and came out hard in the first 10 mins of the second half. then the scored a couple of nice goals and people thought it was done. But you guys did make a push got a goal and was giving it to them but they got a couple more. ACBC should have had 4 or 5 more and you guys should have had 1 or 2 more as well. Especially when Mike hammered one over the net when it was 1-0. Azad was calm and didn't get negative, but like before the game Azad was right that you need a club system to compete in Div.1. You have a good base of players. #10 is quick.

ACBC will have no problem stepping up to the next level.Having the top premier team makes it pretty easy to recruit players even for your Div.2 squad. When you're winning people want to play with you, not so much when you lose and lose bad..cough cough.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very good clean game....fast ...Guildford are way better than the score showed.
Was close till the end...I dont want to say to much cause we have to play them again and I have a plan. But they deserve to be where they are in the standings and its going to be a race to the end.
Beware of Cup play guys..Its different than league..Anyone can beat anyone in cup and straight to shootout makes it hard cause alot of weeker teams wall up the back and play for PKs.
Come to play every cup game no matter who you draw up against is my advice...I see you guys doing well in the Cup...Good Luck

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads lose one game and instant protest. It's unfortunate but shite happens suck it up and move on.
Are you high?

Here's the events that have us upset:
1) PK given when player is fouled outside of the box, he falls two yards long into the box... Ralph gives a PK
2) He calls back a breakaway for offside that was nowhere near offside (game most likely would have been 1-1 had Hauser been allowed to carry on as he never misses those)
3) Then we get incidents happening all over the field with our guys trying to get Ralph to not get sucked in by their cheating and diving all over the park since he gave them the suspect PK, he refuses to listen, they start using racist terms at us, two separate instances of punches thrown/landed on Nomads players that do not retaliate save one player pushing someone back (which he got a yellow for)
4) Mike Lima makes a nice tackle with, perhaps, a bit of aggressive shoulder play... guy falls like he is broken... comes up swinging. Lima walks away and the ref gives Lima a straight red. No previous yellow, no previous warnings, not studs up, not in the box, not putting a leg in between other players, not last man back, not a yellow! nevermind a red.
5) Another shoving match turns into more racism directed at a "Lumpy whiteboy, too much pizza and pasta" then a punch thrown... ref says for the guys to just shake hands...
6) I am personally mugged after simply man marking a guy tight to try and get in his kitchen. He claws my face and stamps my foot.

This isn't sour grapes... We almost tie the game up, probably would have or won the game had we not been relegated to playing with only 10 men for 45 minutes... We came out slow as usual... but Ralph took away our chance to get back in the game when he awarded them the first goal, a total gift, on a phantom PK.

If this was ACBC, or Westcoast, or Guildford United, SFC teams or Titans, or pretty much anyone else in the division we would probably let sleeping dogs lie because we all know that things come around and go around... but these guys were racist, baited the official into everything, taunted us, physically assaulted us after ensuring Ralph wasn't watching, etc.

At the end of the day i just feel that he let the game go, it got out of control, he allowed them to push the envelope so far, and we can't accept it based on him doing the business for Sikh and then thinking he is doing us a favor by changing the Red to a Yellow after the game, when he could have just admitted his error on the park at the time and said oops, I meant Yellow, and put the Red away (Which is exactly what he told Lima after the handshakes)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
fill out the officials report after every game guys.
The league has to look into all reports filed.
Even fill them out if the officials do a good job.
Its the only way to make a difference.
Playing illegible players will/has to be delt with after last years warnings and all the work the league went into to teach everyone what is right and what is wrong.
Accidental playing illegible players is no excuse. (i know)

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you high?

5) Another shoving match turns into more racism directed at a "Lumpy whiteboy, too much pizza and pasta" then a punch thrown... ref says for the guys to just shake hands...

QUOTE]

That's just total BS. The league and the refs should definitely clamp down. It smears the game, and that stuff can lead into way more serious stuff like physical fights, and so on. I know for one if i hear any of that type of garbage directed toward my teammates, i wouldn't stand for it and it would probably lead to trying to break someone's leg or foot, if the ref didn't do anything about it and most with a moral and ethical fiber in their body would do the same. So before it gets to that, it's better the league and ref clamp down, and this is for everyone of every nationality, culture, whatever.

The best rule would be if any racist slur of any kind is heard, that's an automatic red cause that slur is just as harsh as a punch in the face.

On a sidenote, I nominate Rich Ghouse as the official FVSL event organizer. He brings the eye candy, free food, poker, what else can you ask for. Cheers.:D

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We won a protest early on, got our money back, then lost on an appeal....go figure: both teams apparently won the protest! Got beat fair and square in the game, but other team did have an ineligible player. Have the picture evidence and game sheet to prove it, and at the game they produced no league papers saying that he could play. Sometimes it pays off to protest, but other times it seems that the league turns a blind eye.
Went and watched the MOTW last night. Long ball defines the game for both teams because there was little passing. Game seemed choppy with no flow. ACBC clearly outplayed Guilford and the score reflected it. Guilford, gotta wonder what your game plan was: It seemed that you guys were copying ACBC's plan of long ball over the top, beat the guy one on one, and then score. My opinion is that you guys went away from your game plan and got caught up in the run and gun game. I say this because last 5 mins, especially on the far side where we were standing, you guys strung together 7 or 8 passes, with the end product being a shot on goal.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
k mid point of the season for the most part. seems like 2a is a 2 horse race, then 3-9 are all close but i think with the pumas loss this past weekend has thrown them off contention. 2b seems really tight between the top 3, but i believe the last game of the season between those two is gonna be the decisive one however i wouldn't be suprised if the nomads keep close too them through out the 2nd half. 2c is already decided i think the red devils will win easily, 59 goals in 9 games says it all but from 2-6 is anyones for the talking. personally i think 2c is the weaker of the divisons but still the red devils are the best team in divison 2 however acbc and the gunners are the only unbeaten teams left. will they both go unbeaten all year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0